Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

Monday is the day it starts RC (I think). Could be interesting. Some big shoes to try to fill.

The Owls always seem to manage wouldn't you say. I think in the last 3 yrs they have lost anywhere from 20 to 25 players to graduation each year and haven't missed a beat yet. I don't see any reason for that trend to change. It's not a matter of rebuilding for the Owls it's a matter of reloading. That's what good PROGRAMS do and SC has one of the best around.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yelp.....stupid..... fits right in with most of the stuff on these threads don't it??

Wouldn't even attempt to coach.....anything. Although a team like you describe would/should make coaching easier.

Know where I can get one in these parts?? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I just think you play the hand you are dealt. More times than not... it's ball control and defense.

I wonder why you like to talk defense.....poster boy. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Anybody know if baseball players will be playing next week or are they done??

I believe their play-in game is tomorrow, the 30th.

Guest Termite

The Owls always seem to manage wouldn't you say. I think in the last 3 yrs they have lost anywhere from 20 to 25 players to graduation each year and haven't missed a beat yet. I don't see any reason for that trend to change. It's not a matter of rebuilding for the Owls it's a matter of reloading. That's what good PROGRAMS do and SC has one of the best around.

Your right RC...they seem to manage pretty good. Last year I think there were 12 Srs., which would be the smallest class in a while. Usually there are around 20. There should be 3 starting linemen back, QB, 2-3recievers,and a TE coming back on offense. RB would be my concern, but it has been before and somebody always steps up. They say #13 is as tough as they come. He took some beatings running scout last year and #22 is a jitterbug. He would be hard to tackle in a phone booth. I sure hope THEY is right.

Defense should be solid but lost a safety,and a couple of DE/LBs that were very good.

I suspect Coach Maynord and his staff have a plan/idea and I hope to get a peek at it in the next week or two.

Guest Termite

Looks like most everyone will be available for the start of spring practice. I know everyone is really looking forward to it.

09 begins tomorrow......Should be interesting.

I hear they will scrimmage Anderson Co. this spring, then again this fall, along with DCA and Glencliff. I guess

Anderson Co. is replacing Knox. Catholic and Glencliff is replacing White House as the teams scrimmaged the last few years.

09 begins tomorrow......Should be interesting.

I hear they will scrimmage Anderson Co. this spring, then again this fall, along with DCA and Glencliff. I guess

Anderson Co. is replacing Knox. Catholic and Glencliff is replacing White House as the teams scrimmaged the last few years.

Sounds about right. All scrimmages are on the road. Also, they are going to Cookeville for the jamboree and will be playing them. I think they will be doing a JV and a varsity game like they did against Station Camp last year.

Finally, i was told of a place to talk me some big owl football. Today is the day!!!! I have been waiting for this all winter. The Owls will put on the pads @ 3PM. I am looking forward to it, and getting to know some of the people on this board. On my way to Owl St. as soon as work is over.

Finally, i was told of a place to talk me some big owl football. Today is the day!!!! I have been waiting for this all winter. The Owls will put on the pads @ 3PM. I am looking forward to it, and getting to know some of the people on this board. On my way to Owl St. as soon as work is over.

Welcome to the T. Lots of Owl football fans here. Good to have ya join us.

Welcome to the T. Lots of Owl football fans here. Good to have ya join us.

Great.

My kids are now carrying on the Big Owl Tradition. I will be on here alot! I have loved Smith County Football for a long time. Don't won't to show my age, but Owl St. looks alot different thanks to the all the people involved with SCHS Football.

Great.

My kids are now carrying on the Big Owl Tradition. I will be on here alot! I have loved Smith County Football for a long time. Don't won't to show my age, but Owl St. looks alot different thanks to the all the people involved with SCHS Football.

Don't have to be that old to know that Owl Street has changed a lot. Can you remember what it looked like just 10 years ago?

Guest Termite

Sounds about right. All scrimmages are on the road. Also, they are going to Cookeville for the jamboree and will be playing them. I think they will be doing a JV and a varsity game like they did against Station Camp last year.

[/quote

Dang....ALL on the road??? Well,Coach does like to take care of the field. Playing 6A-5As ,and a private all on the road should toughen them up.

Don't they play Anderson Co. at Tech??

I'm sure they were indoors today.........hope the weather breaks so they can get outside. Nothing like a little sweat with the smell fresh of fresh cut grass and onions. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />