What Now for Anderson Co.?

InsideOut1

Walden was also double-teamed for the entire game after lighting them up at AC. Rorex was a starter as a freshman so I wouldn't say being a starter is insignificant. I would also say that Rorex was surrounded with a little more talent when you look at White, Sharpe, Gouldie, Longmire and Cross which would have all started had they been at Catholic. Rorex is a great player. I've never said otherwise. I'm good friends with his dad(sat with him Friday night). Rorex and Walden have played against each other since they were around 8 and certainly respect each other. I think some of those players come across as selfish when in actuality their team mates tend to watch them and count on them to make the plays which Jordan did Friday night.

Ok im ending this everybody stop the hating Walden is a better player than Rorex ive played against them both my Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year... Rorex is good, but not the player that walden was. If Walden wasnt doubled teamed a lot he could have went for 25 on any given night. and yes the Catholic team last year is better than this years team hands down.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im ending this everybody stop the hating Walden is a better player than Rorex ive played against them both my Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year... Rorex is good, but not the player that walden was. If Walden wasnt doubled teamed a lot he could have went for 25 on any given night. and yes the Catholic team last year is better than this years team hands down.

Well you can't come across it like that...I have saw both these athletes play at sometime or another and I have saw that the big time players will step up and make the big time plays. Rorex stepped up last year many times and helped his team when he had to. He also matured alot more from his sophomore year and junior years. That helped his playing capability alot and helped him to understand when to do certain things. Walden was also a great player at Catholic. He also stepped up in some big games. I just think that the best improvement on a maturity lever with a turnover to assist ratio would prob go to Rorex. I think if you ask any coach in high school basketball what kind of player they would rather have a kid that can drop 25(with 6-8 turnovers) like you said or a kid that will come out and get you a solid 15 double teamed or not and maybe with about 3 or 4 turnovers at most a game. I think most coaches would go with the player that would be gettin it done with protecting the ball. I don't want to go against either player, but I think Rorex has showed great improvement from his sophomore to junior year can't say much about his senior year due to not being able to attend many games.

Wow....hands down? I have watched them play for years and Catholic has always been a me team. Last year looked like the most selfish ever.....looked awful at tournament time. The times I have seen them this year they at least look like a team. Passing and sharing has never been the hallmark of KCHS.....I guess bame it on coaching (both on the bench and in the stands!!). KCHS looks closer to the typical Stone Memorial disciplined approach this year which will probably serve them well if they stick to it. It won't matter in two years.....those young Warriors will share the rock all the way to the district title! Good luck to all the 4AA teams the rest of the way....should be interesting.

What's the status of Catholic's Branch??

I could be wrong but did Walden ever win a district MVP, Rorex did. He was also the first unanimous selection for that award. I think i would rather have Rorex, just my opinion.

I could be wrong but did Walden ever win a district MVP, Rorex did. He was also the first unanimous selection for that award. I think i would rather have Rorex, just my opinion.

im not going to argue about who is a better ball player, but walden would have had a better chance for mvp if his team hadnt finished 3rd or 4th in the district last year. i promise you that walden would have rather won the district title than mvp. also, i would bet that rorex would trade this year's mvp trophy for back to back team titles!

im not going to argue about who is a better ball player, but walden would have had a better chance for mvp if his team hadnt finished 3rd or 4th in the district last year. i promise you that walden would have rather won the district title than mvp. also, i would bet that rorex would trade this year's mvp trophy for back to back team titles!

He won't have to trade for anything. He is on track to win both.

Wow....hands down? I have watched them play for years and Catholic has always been a me team. Last year looked like the most selfish ever.....looked awful at tournament time. The times I have seen them this year they at least look like a team. Passing and sharing has never been the hallmark of KCHS.....I guess bame it on coaching (both on the bench and in the stands!!). KCHS looks closer to the typical Stone Memorial disciplined approach this year which will probably serve them well if they stick to it. It won't matter in two years.....those young Warriors will share the rock all the way to the district title! Good luck to all the 4AA teams the rest of the way....should be interesting.

What's the status of Catholic's Branch??

Catholic has always been a selfish team?? Please go into more detail about how you have come up with this theory...I understand about last years team but to say before that would just make me think that your an idiot. Catholic's Branch came off the bench last night and scored 9 points. The only thing those young warriors will be sharing is daddy's bank account all the way to their college graduation.

Catholic has always been a selfish team?? Please go into more detail about how you have come up with this theory...I understand about last years team but to say before that would just make me think that your an idiot. Catholic's Branch came off the bench last night and scored 9 points. The only thing those young warriors will be sharing is daddy's bank account all the way to their college graduation.

Catholic is selfish....they haven't shared a win with the improving CAK Warriors since these young kids have started school. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well you can't come across it like that...I have saw both these athletes play at sometime or another and I have saw that the big time players will step up and make the big time plays. Rorex stepped up last year many times and helped his team when he had to. He also matured alot more from his sophomore year and junior years. That helped his playing capability alot and helped him to understand when to do certain things. Walden was also a great player at Catholic. He also stepped up in some big games. I just think that the best improvement on a maturity lever with a turnover to assist ratio would prob go to Rorex. I think if you ask any coach in high school basketball what kind of player they would rather have a kid that can drop 25(with 6-8 turnovers) like you said or a kid that will come out and get you a solid 15 double teamed or not and maybe with about 3 or 4 turnovers at most a game. I think most coaches would go with the player that would be gettin it done with protecting the ball. I don't want to go against either player, but I think Rorex has showed great improvement from his sophomore to junior year can't say much about his senior year due to not being able to attend many games.

Ok you know what your talking about with this and i agree with a lot if not almost everything you said they are both great players! end it at that lol

Walden was very good and So is Rorex..Both also knew when stepping onto the court for a High School basketball game they were going to get the other teams best defenders.. ITs a good thing basketball is a TEAM sport... So the talk should be who stepped up when those two where getting all the attention.

Great point. That's where I felt like Rorex has been surrounded by a very talented group, especially last year. In theory he was playing with 4-6 others that could potentially play in college (White, Sharp, Gouldie, Longmire, Price, Cross).

It's kind of like asking who was better Bird or Magic? All are pretty darn good at their level.

AC is fine....They are #1 in the district as of now. They lost to a big rival..ok it happens..Losing to a big rival stinks alot...but winning district titles is more important while getting a shot at the region. Me personally I will lose to a rival as long as I keep getting my chance at hopefully getting to a state tournament.. Everyone has to remember that we are talking about high school kids....Nomatter how good the coaches are or are not..they are kids. some nights they will look amazing and put on a show.. others they will look like selfish little brats..Just hope for the best for whoever you are cheering on and enjoy a good basketball game. Just think it could always be worse..Your kid could be playing Soccer.......

Good Luck to All,

Dr. Phil