What Now for Anderson Co.?

InsideOut1

A lot of teams dunk on senior night with the refs taking a little longer to get out than usual. They might have thought the senior night festivities were still taking place. They might have been enjoying the leftover spaghetti. Either way why don't you quit whining like a little beachgoer. You Grace people make so many excuses, AC is better than you. You won with them missing 3 of their top 7. A mediocre AA beat the best single A. It happens. Accept it! It's OK! You're sense of entitlement amazes me. Go away

"you won with them missing 3 or their top 7"...who is making excuses now... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slusher played big down the stretch but how bad was he from the line... I think he missed 4 or 5 free throws in the fourth quarter alone. A.C. was just as bad at the end, Cross with wide open miss from within 2 ft and Rorex misses a break away... some bad basketball at the end for both teams until Rorex ended it.

A lot of teams dunk on senior night with the refs taking a little longer to get out than usual. They might have thought the senior night festivities were still taking place. They might have been enjoying the leftover spaghetti. Either way why don't you quit whining like a little beachgoer. You Grace people make so many excuses, AC is better than you. You won with them missing 3 of their top 7. A mediocre AA beat the best single A. It happens. Accept it! It's OK! You're sense of entitlement amazes me. Go away

Ok lets not say "you Grace people" The game was a very good game and yes the refs were very bad. A C got some bad calls at the end on no calls and a charge call. Grace got some bad calls at the end on no calls and one pulling a player to the floor and getting a traveling call. My point is bad calls were both ways. My take is it was Graces fault for letting those calls even matter because they didnt take care of business. Yes give A C credit for the win at home but to say A C is better because they won in overtime by a last second shot is an overstatement. It was a great game to watch and give credit to AC but everyone is allowed thier opinion and no one needs to GO AWAY.

I meant that Grace should have won by 20...Slusher had a WAY off night or they would have....Grace fought back from being 11 points down and took the game into OT, so that was a bright spot...the call at the end of the game pretty much gave AC the opportunity to win it...Not to mention that AC dunked 7 times in warm-ups which is a tecnical for every dunk, IF those wonderful officials would have been out on the court to see....anytime the teams are on the floor, the officials are supposed to be present as well...they were probably napping, like they did most of the game...anyway, I hope AC does well in the tournament, too. I think they could go far if they don't get into foul trouble....The loss could actually be good for Grace at this point in the season...it's been a while since we lost to anyone...good wake up call for us and since AC had lost 3 in a row before the Grace game, it should be a lift for them going into the tournament...

Hey 'GraceRamFan', you need to chill a little. I hope you can take a little constructive criticism from THE RAM FAN.....anyway, here it is. Grace got beat by a pretty good AA team in AC. This will prepare us for the district tournament playing up in classification. Like another poster said, "AC was the better team that night". Let it lay at that. You need to win with class and lose with class as well. NO EXCUSES! That loss meant nothing. Yes, it would have been nice to win at their place but it didn't happen. Game over.

NOW, let me tell you how I really feel. I am a TSSAA basketball official and have been for 7 years. I enjoy it very much. As a fan, you have the right to get upset with what you see or what you think you saw in a game but it is very immature of you to say the things you have said about the officials. Yes, we do miss some calls, we are only human. Do you honestly think that we go in a game and try to make a team win or lose. We could care less who wins. I wasn't at the AC game Tuesday night because I had to ref myself. As I read this post, it seems you are putting the loss on the refs. From what I have been told is that we didn't play very well.

Anyway, to make a long story short. Think before you write your thoughts down the next time. Take a walk in my shoes (as an official) maybe then you will see that we aren't "napping". It's a tough job, you have to really enjoy it. Maybe I'll see ya Saturday night in Harriman for the district tournament. I will answer any officiating question you have. Stay cool 'GraceRamFan', but take it easy on the refs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey 'GraceRamFan', you need to chill a little. I hope you can take a little constructive criticism from THE RAM FAN.....anyway, here it is. Grace got beat by a pretty good AA team in AC. This will prepare us for the district tournament playing up in classification. Like another poster said, "AC was the better team that night". Let it lay at that. You need to win with class and lose with class as well. NO EXCUSES! That loss meant nothing. Yes, it would have been nice to win at their place but it didn't happen. Game over.

NOW, let me tell you how I really feel. I am a TSSAA basketball official and have been for 7 years. I enjoy it very much. As a fan, you have the right to get upset with what you see or what you think you saw in a game but it is very immature of you to say the things you have said about the officials. Yes, we do miss some calls, we are only human. Do you honestly think that we go in a game and try to make a team win or lose. We could care less who wins. I wasn't at the AC game Tuesday night because I had to ref myself. As I read this post, it seems you are putting the loss on the refs. From what I have been told is that we didn't play very well.

Take a walk in my shoes (as an official) maybe then you will see that we aren't "napping". It's a tough job, you have to really enjoy it. Maybe I'll see ya Saturday night in Harriman for the district tournament. I will answer any officiating question you have.

You make a great point about officiating being tough. I have had to officiate some games when the Refs didn't show up for the JV game and it stinks. I wouldn't ref if they gave me $100 a game. I think everybody that has an opinion about the officials should have to ref a game and see how tough it is, and no officiating a rec league game doesn't count.

Anyway, to make a long story short. Think before you write your thoughts down the next time. Take a walk in my shoes (as an official) maybe then you will see that we aren't "napping". It's a tough job, you have to really enjoy it. Maybe I'll see ya Saturday night in Harriman for the district tournament. I will answer any officiating question you have. Stay cool 'GraceRamFan', but take it easy on the refs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey RAM FAN I am chill..Just stating the facts...I wish AC the best of luck, just thought it was a lousy call and it was our own fault we were down, but I still think it's great motivation going into the Tourney...Nothing un-classy about what I said at all...about the ref thing, I just don't see how all 3 refs didn't SEE it....I know refs make mistakes, but this was just unbelievable...there were a couple of refs watching the game and they were also astonished....soooo ...maybe you would have been too if you had been there. I know it's a hard job, but you get paid pretty well and you choose to do this job. Expect to take the backlash from coaches/fans when something like this happens...Thanks for the offer of the officiating answers, but there is no textbook answer for this one...I can appreciate your loyalty for your association, however..you stay cool, too.... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Ok lets not say "you Grace people" The game was a very good game and yes the refs were very bad. A C got some bad calls at the end on no calls and a charge call. Grace got some bad calls at the end on no calls and one pulling a player to the floor and getting a traveling call. My point is bad calls were both ways. My take is it was Graces fault for letting those calls even matter because they didnt take care of business. Yes give A C credit for the win at home but to say A C is better because they won in overtime by a last second shot is an overstatement. It was a great game to watch and give credit to AC but everyone is allowed thier opinion and no one needs to GO AWAY.

Good Post RunandGun...now let's get it together for tourney time!! Go Rams!!!