who will win state championship in all classes

jcbiggestfan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class A will remain on the Cumberland plateau.CR

AA Will come to west TN GC

AAA will reside for a year on the big muddy...MCHS one of two choices......

put your team in if you like...

CLASS A: JACKSON COUNTY LADY BLUE DEVILS!

I saw the JC girls play in December in Florida against a 3A team with 2 DIVISION 1 signees (one to WAKE FORREST and another to LSU), and our JC girls won that game.

We will not play any team in our district or state that was close to being the caliber of that team. After seeing that game, I am convinced our girls can bring home the gold again and make it a repeat year for a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

For 2A and 3A: I like the looks of Upperman, Marshall County, and Bartlett. Jasmine James and Laken Leonard met up in Florida during the AAU game. Leonard's team won, but James is a great player. I think she has the drive to get her team to the STATE!! Either way it will be great again this year!!! Good Luck to all on the Final Stretch!!!

Class A- Clarkrange

Class AA- Too many good teams to just pick 1. There are several teams that could win this. Marshall County, Upperman, McMinn Central, Gibson County, Westview and also some good teams in upper east tn.. Its just hard to pick in this class right now. I would not put my money on anyone. If all of these teams can make it to the Boro, what an exciting tourney this will be!!!

Class AAA- ?

AAA the usual suspects. Shelbyville, Wilson Central, Memphis Central, Oak Ridge, Millington, Morristown West and a Team from the Chattanooga area plus Antioch.

CLASS A: JACKSON COUNTY LADY BLUE DEVILS!

I saw the JC girls play in December in Florida against a 3A team with 2 DIVISION 1 signees (one to WAKE FORREST and another to LSU), and our JC girls won that game.

We will not play any team in our district or state that was close to being the caliber of that team. After seeing that game, I am convinced our girls can bring home the gold again and make it a repeat year for a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

For 2A and 3A: I like the looks of Upperman, Marshall County, and Bartlett. Jasmine James and Laken Leonard met up in Florida during the AAU game. Leonard's team won, but James is a great player. I think she has the drive to get her team to the STATE!! Either way it will be great again this year!!! Good Luck to all on the Final Stretch!!!

I will just quote the famous coach of the past NBA Houston rockets ??“ Rudy T.: ???Don??™t ever underestimate the heart of a champion.???

One thing none of these board posters can measure: ???HEART?????¦??¦ Jasmine Hassell flat out willed her team (Wilson Central) to a state tournament title last year (although her team was arguably probably not the most talented in the field of eight). Jasmine James took a team that hadn??™t made it to a state tournament since 1928 (Bartlett) and willed them into the top 8 of 117 teams. (And Bartlett returns that entire non-assuming line up??¦.)

If there is any player or players that have the capability of strong arming a team into the state tournament and making some noise: you would have to easily say it would be Jasmine OR Jasmine (Hassell or James).

???Dominant player??? lead teams don??™t have to score 35 a night in a seven game series to beat you. They just have to perform well ONE time to send ya home (one and done).

Although Bartlett doesn??™t have the ???glit and glammer??? of some of the HIGH PROFILE teams: I wouldn??™t count the Lady Panthers out! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will just quote the famous coach of the past NBA Houston rockets ??“ Rudy T.: ???Don??™t ever underestimate the heart of a champion.???

One thing none of these board posters can measure: ???HEART?????¦??¦ Jasmine Hassell flat out willed her team (Wilson Central) to a state tournament title last year (although her team was arguably probably not the most talented in the field of eight). Jasmine James took a team that hadn??™t made it to a state tournament since 1928 (Bartlett) and willed them into the top 8 of 117 teams. (And Bartlett returns that entire non-assuming line up??¦.)

If there is any player or players that have the capability of strong arming a team into the state tournament and making some noise: you would have to easily say it would be Jasmine OR Jasmine (Hassell or James).

???Dominant player??? lead teams don??™t have to score 35 a night in a seven game series to beat you. They just have to perform well ONE time to send ya home (one and done).

Although Bartlett doesn??™t have the ???glit and glammer??? of some of the HIGH PROFILE teams: I wouldn??™t count the Lady Panthers out! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very well said, DuKnowDaGame, and I totally, 100% agree with you. People sometimes forget the "IT" factor, which I believe includes "Heart" and "Desire". I think when a game is on the line, it comes down to who has the most HEART, especially when the talent is strong on both teams. I hope the JC girls bring the "Heart" tonite against CRange. If they do, it will be over with.

Hey, if you know the James girl, and it sounds like you do, tell her the Leonard family is wishing her the best. Keep up the good work!

I just happen to have known her since BEFORE birth ( /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )??¦??¦. I will pass the message on to JJ.

Laken is indeed a SPECIAL player and has an "extremely" high basketball IQ.

I see Jackson County only lost to Clarkrange by 7 in early December (on their turf). Should be a battle tonight. Good luck.

I just happen to have known her since BEFORE birth ( /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )??¦??¦. I will pass the message on to JJ.

Laken is indeed a SPECIAL player and has an "extremely" high basketball IQ.

I see Jackson County only lost to Clarkrange by 7 in early December (on their turf). Should be a battle tonight. Good luck.

We were so excited to hear about JJ committing to Georgia; she is very deserving of a scholarship like that, and she will make an impact with their program I'm certain. We have always enjoyed watching her play during travel ball and we always knew she would make it big somewhere. We hope she will have a blessed Senior Year and it will continue throughout her college years.

Lake has always liked chatting with the Memphis coaches, too. They are a class act!!!

anybodys thoughts on this one?

A: Clarkrange will probably have to play Jackson County 4 times, but they will beat them in the end.

AA: Upperman is the best team right now, but I wouldn't count out South Greene.

AAA: I can't believe that so few of you have mentioned Oak Ridge. They are nationally ranked in two polls that I know of and have played a tougher national schedule then any other team(with exception to Memphis Central.) OR will play Memphis Central for the state title and it will be the best game of the last decade. OR will capture the title in a barnburner.

Don't really know about A and AA?

I'll agree with the quote 100% and it does say "champion" not the star of the team. My bet is any team that competes and wins the Gold ball in March will field 5 Champions on that court at a time. That's what it takes in my opinion to reach the summit. Yes it absolutely helps to have that remarkable, "dominant", player who gets the 5 or 6 "OMG did she just do that?" moments a game, but it takes 32 minutes of hard nose, in the trenches, guttin in out play by all 5 to bring home the hardware.

I saw that last year by Wilson Central who lost their star point guard right before the trip to the Boro. They pulled together and each stepped their game accordingly. That's what it takes and I see alot of that same work ethic in this team. At the beginning of the year they started rallying together when Jasmine was out for a while and it seems to be gelling again as they enter the final stretch. A good win over a talented LaVergne team last night showed again you have to pay attention to every player on the team. Just my opinion but I think they have lots of players with lots of heart, and thats why I think Wilson Central will be back at the Boro. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Upper East Tennessee may actually have some real contenders this year:

A- Cloudland, Hampton, and North Greene are all pretty good. I think Hampton may be the best right now.

AA- South Greene, Elizabethton, and Unicoi Co. are all three legit.

AAA- Morristown West is playing great and is very talented.