who will win state championship in all classes

jcbiggestfan

From the sound of things on this board, the teams West of the River should just stay home /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Not at all. Central is #1 or #2 in my book. They will play OR for the title. Millington will be in the equation at the state level, as well.

Here's the way I break it down

CLASS A - Clarkrange Hands Down No Questions WILL WIN State Class A

CLASS AA - Marshall County - very likely will win but it will have competition from Upperman, Gibson County, Martin Westview, and McMinn Central

CLASS AAA - Is WIDE OPEN. I see Oak Ridge and Morristown West from the East. Cleveland and Riverdale from the Mid East. Wilson Central and Hillsboro from the Mid State and Memphis Central and Millington from the West. With these 8 teams it will be a GREAT TOURNAMENT. I'm leaning toward Wilson Central with Hassal.

I wouldn't count out Mt. Juliet just yet.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my pace is fine there clown boy! maybe you need to read my post again or can you not read? i never stated OR never had a chance just stated that the AAA race was not a one team race; wide open was the quote. so before you misquote; check your cliff notes and maybe you will be able to comprehend!! ok omahavol or should we say oakridgevol.

Okay, tough guy. You've scared me out of my wits! I know you quoted "wide open race", but you also quoted "little Oak Ridge." The latter quote was the focus of my attention. I figured someone with the obvious intellectual level that you're at would've realized that. Apparently, I was wrong. So, comprehension, as you so eloquently stated, is not a problem of mine. I happen to agree that the AAA race is wide open. If you did a little research on some of my previous posts in other departments you might've known that. I guess you were a little to 'fast-paced' for your own good. So, please, tough guy, don't jump the gun next time. Only time will tell whether 'little ole' Oak Ridge will succeed at state or not.

Bradford or Clarkrange are the favorites in single A.I think Humbolt ,Gleason ,Wayne County have an outside chance . It is a pity that only 2 teams from District 14-A go to state because it easily has 4 or 5 of the top 10 in the state. I think the defense in rural west tennessee is the difference.

Upper East Tennessee may actually have some real contenders this year:

A- Cloudland, Hampton, and North Greene are all pretty good. I think Hampton may be the best right now.

AA- South Greene, Elizabethton, and Unicoi Co. are all three legit.

AAA- Morristown West is playing great and is very talented.

I like North Greene, South Greene, and Morristown West to bring all the gold to East TN.

Bradford or Clarkrange are the favorites in single A.I think Humbolt ,Gleason ,Wayne County have an outside chance . It is a pity that only 2 teams from District 14-A go to state because it easily has 4 or 5 of the top 10 in the state. I think the defense in rural west tennessee is the difference.

what are you on!!!! you most not know about 7a b/c this is the most dominent district in tennessee. duh

In AA, McMinn Central, who lost to Marshall County last year in the semifinals, has all of their starters back, as well as the first, third, and fourth players off the bench.

I really can't say who will win this, but McMinn Central is in almost the same spot we( Marshall County) were in last year. We had all of our returning players from the previous year that we were runner up in the Boro and came back to state last year and brought back the Gold Ball. I really want to see Marshall win the first ever back to back Basketball championship for our school but I also feel in order for us to do that we will have to go thru McMinn Central or Upperman and maybe both if we get to the Boro. Class AA has sooo many good teams that I will not be surprised on whoever wins it.

Gibson Co. has everyone back as well except the 1 post player (#55 Jennilee Pate). However, she is replaced by a transfer from Obion Co. (Aubrey Reedy) who is better and can do more things than Pate. Yes, Gibson Co. did get blown out in Murfreesboro last year, but when a team shoots 64% from the floor, what do you expect? I think the AA state tournament is more wide open for any team to win than the other 2 classes. You have Upperman, Marshall, McMinn, Gibson who return practically everyone from last years state tournament teams.

CLASS A: JACKSON COUNTY LADY BLUE DEVILS!

I saw the JC girls play in December in Florida against a 3A team with 2 DIVISION 1 signees (one to WAKE FORREST and another to LSU), and our JC girls won that game.

We will not play any team in our district or state that was close to being the caliber of that team. After seeing that game, I am convinced our girls can bring home the gold again and make it a repeat year for a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

For 2A and 3A: I like the looks of Upperman, Marshall County, and Bartlett. Jasmine James and Laken Leonard met up in Florida during the AAU game. Leonard's team won, but James is a great player. I think she has the drive to get her team to the STATE!! Either way it will be great again this year!!! Good Luck to all on the Final Stretch!!!

Clarkrange is the favorite at present. But they will have to remain calm and and cool and play as a team, or Jackson County will beat them when it counts, history shows that.

For the above comment, I wasn't aware that there is a Leonard's team? What county is that?

Clarkrange is the favorite at present. But they will have to remain calm and and cool and play as a team, or Jackson County will beat them when it counts, history shows that.

For the above comment, I wasn't aware that there is a Leonard's team? What county is that?

Isn't that Leonard's "daddy" making those absurd comments. They beat some school in Florida that is the best in the world and no one else they play is even in their league, huh. Funny then that they've dropped two to Clarkrange and in both games never lead, two to Upperman, and one to Riverdale. Imagine what these schools would have done in Florida. And as far as history shows...Lamar Rogers is 29-14 overall against JC so history shows that he has won twice more than he's lost to this school. Currently, according to rankings in the Tennessean, Clarkrange is number 2 in the state in all classes coming in behind Memphis Central. CR is also nationally ranked. I guess we will see in the end what history shows.

He was just explaining how he'd seen James in person and was impressed. Instead of turning it into an AAU discussion he identified the teams by the player he mentioned, and the player he's most familiar with of course. I saw nothing wrong with it, let's not turn this into another bashing Jackson, transfer topic please.