Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

Overton and Antioch? Seriously? Yes I think Blade could win at Hillwood. Watch his teams play. Not just good athletes. An offensive line this year that probably only had one guy that could start at other schools that they beat.

Just an opinion,just like yours.You go and watch them all practice. Yes, I am serious. I can't believe you think they could win at Hillwood.Also, great user name.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an opinion,just like yours.You go and watch them all practice. Yes, I am serious. I can't believe you think they could win at Hillwood.Also, great user name.

I for one agree that both Overton and Antioch have good head coaches and assistants. I have seen both schools at practice and during games among other metro schools. I also agree that records dont always tell exactly how good a coach really is. There is way too much more involved.

Burroball you have a good coach in Blade. You also have good assistants. Those coaches did an outstanding job this year especially during the championship game. However you did have a team loaded with athletes. Everyone saw that. Mose Phillips is a good coach and Hillwood is lucky to have him. Did you know that he played under Anderson at Hillsboro? I would bet that Phillips would credit Anderson for helping him and for being the coach that he is.

I really dont think anyone will be able to win at Hillwood. There is just not enough support and not enough depth to compete week in and week out.

Phillips has been in Williamson Co. before. Could he be a possible candidate? How about the coach from Fairview that just left? How about a second go around for Jack Daniels? How about Jay Gore from Brentwood? I know he was mentioned for Springfield and MTCS?

Burroball you have a good coach in Blade. You also have good assistants. Those coaches did an outstanding job this year especially during the championship game. However you did have a team loaded with athletes. Everyone saw that.

I don't deny that there were great athletes at HHS this past year. Crutcher, Gordon, and Jordan are all Division 1-A quality athletes. However, again there was hardly an entire 2 deep roster of studs. From what I saw, about 20-25 kids played the majority of the total time during the games this past year.

Back to the point I was making though: schools like Maplewood, Stratford, Hunters Lane, Pearl-Cohn, and even Whites Creek have many great athletes year in year out. However, HHS is the TEAM in MNPS that has had the most success this decade. Must be superior coaching when it is so consistent like that.

I don't deny that their were great athletes at HHS this past year. Crutcher, Gordon, and Jordan are all Division 1-A quality athletes. However, again there was hardly an entire 2 deep roster of studs. From what I saw, about 20-25 kids played the majority of the total time during the games this past year.

Back to the point I was making though: schools like Maplewood, Stratford, Hunters Lane, Pearl-Cohn, and even Whites Creek have many great athletes year in year out. However, HHS is the TEAM in MNPS that has had the most success this decade. Must be superior coaching when it is so consistent like that.

One of your best weapons was a strong kicking game; in particular being able to KO into the end zone.

I don't deny that their were great athletes at HHS this past year. Crutcher, Gordon, and Jordan are all Division 1-A quality athletes. However, again there was hardly an entire 2 deep roster of studs. From what I saw, about 20-25 kids played the majority of the total time during the games this past year.

Every team you mention has had good and bad years. In very good years they had players who went on to play college football.In the bad years they did not have players that went on to play college ball. Same coach, different players,different year. It goes in cycles. There has been years when Hillsboro did not have as much talent as other years. This can be dated back to the 60's. In every decade most teams,Hillsboro included, has had very good teams and not so good teams. Hillsboro will go through this at some time, just like everyone does. And when this happens the coach is the best and in the down years he is not so good. When all things are even coaching makes a big difference.

I agree with the coaching part. Like I said you all have really good coaches. But could it also be that Hillsboro is open zoned. Hillsboro has some of the best athletes coming in from all over metro. Hillsboro gets kids from Overton, Glencliff, Antioch, Hillwood, everywhere. Imagine how much better Glencliff would have been if Eric Gordon had gone there instead of Hillsboro.

I agree with the coaching part. Like I said you all have really good coaches. But could it also be that Hillsboro is open zoned. Hillsboro has some of the best athletes coming in from all over metro. Hillsboro gets kids from Overton, Glencliff, Antioch, Hillwood, everywhere. Imagine how much better Glencliff would have been if Eric Gordon had gone there instead of Hillsboro.

I don't deny that either. However, again, other schools in MNPS have great athletes too, but nowhere near as much TEAM success. That is precisely why I disagree with powercat and say HHS's coaching is the biggest reason why they have been successful for so long.

Every team you mention has had good and bad years. In very good years they had players who went on to play college football.In the bad years they did not have players that went on to play college ball. Same coach, different players,different year. It goes in cycles. There has been years when Hillsboro did not have as much talent as other years. This can be dated back to the 60's. In every decade most teams,Hillsboro included, has had very good teams and not so good teams. Hillsboro will go through this at some time, just like everyone does. And when this happens the coach is the best and in the down years he is not so good. When all things are even coaching makes a big difference.

HHS did have a down year this decade: 2004....went 9-4, didn't win their region (lost to solid Hillwood team along the way) and lost to Stratford in the 1st round. They didn't have the same level of kids that year in the senior class. That class had been riding the success of the classes before them and proved they weren't ready to carry the torch. That is why I don't totally disagree with the fact that even great coaches need talent in order to be successful. However, the class behind them was ready to do so and went right back to the semifinals the next year.

One of your best weapons was a strong kicking game; in particular being able to KO into the end zone.

No doubt! Hendrix Brakefield was the best Kicker/Punter HHS has had since Elliott Holt graduated back in 2003. He will be sorely missed as will Jacob Noe. Hopefully, the HHS kicking game will manage to recover though.

I don't believe Hillsboro is the only school with open zoning in Metro.

I wonder how many metro coaches get paid to speak at clinics? I saw former metro coach , Aydelott was speaking at the Glazer Clinic this past weekend along with Coach Blade (Titans Coach of the Year). Usually, when your opinion is valued and you get paid for your opinion, you have arrived! Now you folks can continue your debate as to who the best coach is......and the best staff.

I wonder how many metro coaches get paid to speak at clinics? I saw former metro coach , Aydelott was speaking at the Glazer Clinic this past weekend along with Coach Blade (Titans Coach of the Year). Usually, when your opinion is valued and you get paid for your opinion, you have arrived! Now you folks can continue your debate as to who the best coach is......and the best staff.

good point and back to the point - maybe this job will come down between those two... has Aydelott shown any interest?