Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of that too...don't know if Coach Blade would even be interested, but it does make some sense. It's closer to home (I think he lives in Spring Hill??) & they have facilities & support that Metro public high schools could never hope to match.

EASY... IF HE IS INTERESTED, IT'S A NO BRAINER... ADMINISTRATION CAN SAY THEY GOT BEST AVAILABLE COACH

I have played for both coach Aydelott and coach Blade & enjoyed playing for both.

I think Coach A is a better disciplinarian and overall a better coach. He would be a good fit

for Ravenwood.

Now, that would be interesting "drama" to see if Aydelott were to leave Riverdale for Ravenwood. Blade vs. Aydelott would get hyped overtime by the local media.

EASY... IF HE IS INTERESTED, IT'S A NO BRAINER... ADMINISTRATION CAN SAY THEY GOT BEST AVAILABLE COACH

Aydelott will not leave Riverdale. His Principal is much better.Blade is not the best coach available,he is not even the best in metro schools. He just has the best talent at this time. Rector did not win because he is a great coach,he won because he is a good coach who had some great high school players. Talent gone ,so are the wins.

Aydelott will not leave Riverdale. His Principal is much better.Blade is not the best coach available,he is not even the best in metro schools. He just has the best talent at this time. Rector did not win because he is a great coach,he won because he is a good coach who had some great high school players. Talent gone ,so are the wins.

I dont see Coach A leaving Riverdale any time soon either. However the fans are giving him all sorts of grief. If the boosters pull their money then I could see him leaving. As far as Blade goes I dont see him leaving the burros either. Why would he except for it being closer to home.

Who are the possible coaches that have thrown their names into the hat. I have heard several mentioned but most are speculation only. Someone also mentioned Scott Smith and I dont see that happening. He has started to do well at Science Hill.

Powercat who in metro would you say is better than Blade. Obviously there isnt another coach that has his current record except for maybe Thompson being close.

Blade is not the best coach available, he is not even the best in metro schools. He just has the best talent at this time.

I think you are a "little off" with this assessment. First, just who do you think is a better head football coach in Metro schools?

Secondly, based on your theory (it's not totally incorrect, but certainly not correct either) George Quarles and Gary Rankin have been having the "best talent" for a LONG time. I'd venture to say they have some level of influence and heavy contribution to why there teams have been so successful.

Having said that, Blade took his HHS team and beat George Quarles without his starting QB. I'd say he and his staff deserve very much credit to manage that. That wasn't just having the best talent. Heck, if that was the case, HHS would have two more 4A State Championships against Maryville from 2001, 2002. However, HHS's superior talent was negated by better coaching.

Records are only what most people can use to determine who is a better coach. Antioch and Overton have better coaches. Thompson is not a good coach,has a good record lately due to talent. As for Rankin and Quarles, yes they have had great talent. Do you think these two coaches or even Blade could win at Hillwood. No need to discuss this, you have your opinion and I have mine and it will not change. Watching teams play games is not a measure of how good they are. Go watch a team practice a few times and you will see what I am talking about.Until you do this you can not tell. And if you are under 20 years old you have not seen enough football to know.

Records are only what most people can use to determine who is a better coach. Antioch and Overton have better coaches. Thompson is not a good coach,has a good record lately due to talent. As for Rankin and Quarles, yes they have had great talent. Do you think these two coaches or even Blade could win at Hillwood. No need to discuss this, you have your opinion and I have mine and it will not change. Watching teams play games is not a measure of how good they are. Go watch a team practice a few times and you will see what I am talking about.Until you do this you can not tell. And if you are under 20 years old you have not seen enough football to know.

First of all, I am over 20 years old thank you very much. Also, I have seen HHS practice and records is not the only reason why I don't buy that Overton or Antioch have better head football coaches than Blade.

Do know how ridiculous what you just said is? NO ONE can win at Hillwood consistently right now because it's a TERRIBLE SCHOOL. However, I believe Mose Phillips is a better coach than Overton's or Antioch's. I ain't basing that on records either. It seems like you are crediting or discrediting coaches because of the talent they have or don't have as the case may be.

HHS was not a team of 65 throroughbreads or anything this past season. They had about 20-25 players who played the majority of the time during games. HHS did however have a great coaching staff and Blade was the Head Coach.

Overton and Antioch? Seriously? Yes I think Blade could win at Hillwood. Watch his teams play. Not just good athletes. An offensive line this year that probably only had one guy that could start at other schools that they beat.