2009 rasslin awards

bear cat brown

Buck,

Read my earlier post.

Did you attend the FRHS/ND Drink Fest last week? I heard that a wrestling match broke out at the ND gym.

Face:

Sorry, I penned my reply before I saw your next post which included the reference to Brian Dunning.

BTW---Hunter Bogitsch is back in Nashville and has a son who wrestles for Hillsboro. I have seen him at some matches/tournaments and we lamented the demise of the Hillwood program. Hunter went on from Hillwood to be a very good hooker for the Vanderbilt rugby team where I had my head squeezed next to his rear in the Vandy scrum for three years.

Unfortunately, I could not make it down to The Holy War. BCB tried to move it to Saturday but was unsuccessful. With a 6 p.m. start, and losing an hour going down, I could not get away from work here in time to make it.

But, like you, I did hear that a wrestling match broke out soon after the party started. Unlike the famous ( or infamous, depending upon your allegiance) 1969 match at Ryan's old cracker box gym down on Elliston Place, I understand that the wrestling was confined to the mats ( BCB did not even attempt to accost any Ryan women in the stands with his " I thought you were Susie Burkhart " move that he used at the Ryan Invitational). Rekindling the rivalry and your reference to the "drinkfest" reminds me of a version of the Notre Dame Fight Song that used to break out at the old Ryan-ND matches amongst some of us younger ND fans, while the moms and dads sang the standard version. It went something like this (and is further proof of who the real Irish are):

Beer, beer for old Notre Dame

You bring the whiskey, I'll bring champagne

See the seniors drinking in the gym

Don't let the sober freshmen in

Whether the glasses be large or small

The Fighting Irish will down them all

While their loyal sons go marching onward to victory!

BCB, that should get the Wrestling Fight Song of The Year, don't you think?

I'm sure Harry would agree.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face:

Sorry, I penned my reply before I saw your next post which included the reference to Brian Dunning.

BTW---Hunter Bogitsch is back in Nashville and has a son who wrestles for Hillsboro. I have seen him at some matches/tournaments and we lamented the demise of the Hillwood program. Hunter went on from Hillwood to be a very good hooker for the Vanderbilt rugby team where I had my head squeezed next to his rear in the Vandy scrum for three years.

Unfortunately, I could not make it down to The Holy War. BCB tried to move it to Saturday but was unsuccessful. With a 6 p.m. start, and losing an hour going down, I could not get away from work here in time to make it.

But, like you, I did hear that a wrestling match broke out soon after the party started. Unlike the famous ( or infamous, depending upon your allegiance) 1969 match at Ryan's old cracker box gym down on Elliston Place, I understand that the wrestling was confined to the mats ( BCB did not even attempt to accost any Ryan women in the stands with his " I thought you were Susie Burkhart " move that he used at the Ryan Invitational). Rekindling the rivalry and your reference to the "drinkfest" reminds me of a version of the Notre Dame Fight Song that used to break out at the old Ryan-ND matches amongst some of us younger ND fans, while the moms and dads sang the standard version. It went something like this (and is further proof of who the real Irish are):

I'll drink to that! Maybe you can make it to the match next year that will be in Nashville. Hopefully, there will be a small gathering of green and purple at the local watering hole and the stories will fly. It is amazing how a story changes over the years; however, nothing like lamenting over a barley and hops!!! Do you think Knox Catholic and Christian Bro's would like to partake in the festivities. Oh no, a quad may break out if this occured.

Hello boys and girls and welcome to this years BCB III /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Rasslin Awards for 2009.

I have put much thought into this years awards ( about 7 minutes ) and I think I will be able to make everyone happy.

So without further ado, here they be:

Best Newcomer;

1. Grayson Mullins...EFT

2. Cambell Lewis ....Soddy Daisy

3. Jared Browning......The Nation

4. Blake Henry.........EBE

5. Houston Clements. EBE

and the winner is...... Cole Mosley... The Purple Team

Go Irish

Since BCB can't nominate Jack Boone (from EFT) due to the nepotism clause, I will. Jack looks like a real stud!

Go Irish!

Face:

Cheers!

I'll drink to that! Maybe you can make it to the match next year that will be in Nashville. Hopefully, there will be a small gathering of green and purple at the local watering hole and the stories will fly. It is amazing how a story changes over the years; however, nothing like lamenting over a barley and hops!!! Do you think Knox Catholic and Christian Bro's would like to partake in the festivities. Oh no, a quad may break out if this occured.

Face:

According to BB Branton's article on the match in that appeared in The Chattanoogan.com, Jim Simpson has guaranteed that the match in Nashville next year will be just like the old days, on Sunday afternoon at 2:00 p.m. Good news for all of us fans of both teams. Would love to see Knox Catholic ( another Green team) and Christian Bros. ( another Purple team) make it a full-state Holy War. But a "quad of Catholics"? That might require Jim to get a permit from Metro for the event------otherwise we might all be arrested for an "illegal assembly".

QUOTE (Chassanooga)Since BCB can't nominate Jack Boone (from EFT) due to the nepotism clause, I will. Jack looks like a real stud!

Chass, I concur. Saw young Jack at Brentwood and looks like a stud in the making. Now I understand what all that talk on the board last year about TBSFBAG trying to recruit Jack by promising full-time employment to BCB as its spokesman was all about. EFT needs to thank mom for keeping Jack in green and BCB on his day job.

Face:

Sllightly different take on it. Im from Newton Iowa and their fight song was the Notre Dame as well...went something like this:

Beer,Beer for Old Newton High

You bring the whiskey, Ill bring the Rye.

Sent the freshmen out for Gin

and dont let a sober sophmore in.....

Of coarse we were all in high school and it was just a song..no real truth to any of it.

Face:

Back in the old days:

Cheer, cheer for old Father Ryan

You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the wine

Send the freshman out for gin

Don't let a sober sophmore in

We never stagger, we never fall

We sober up on grain alcohol

While the loyal faculty is locked in the study hall.

Fight, Fight, Fight