Congrats to South Pittsburg Players

PiRaTe._.MiKe

I am not sure if a thread has been started, but just in case here you go. Remember the Pirates had 4 young men receive football scholarships last year, well this year we had 5. Any comments??

David Jones- MTSU

Keaton Jones - Cumberland

Montrell Mitchell, Tyrone Robinson, and Kartrez Bibbs - Carson Newman

I wish each of you the best of luck.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has the grades, Division I normally has tougher requirements than Division II and NAIA, I'd think Mitchell would have gotten looks as a 1-AA safety.

Is Robert Robinson still on the Tennessee State team?

From what I hear Robinson is on the team still. His grades are up and he will be competing this spring.

I am not sure if a thread has been started, but just in case here you go. Remember the Pirates had 4 young men receive football scholarships last year, well this year we had 5. Any comments??

David Jones- MTSU

That makes our drubbing (David Brainerd) this year (and last) a little easier to swallow. Congrats. Piggy backing on this thread, but David Brainerd had the first DI-aa committment in school history as well.

Congrats to all these young men! What's some of the keys to your success for turning out college players? I know ya'll have a good tradition there, but do the coaches do alot of work (above & beyond) to help these young men also? Thanks in advance.

Old Pirate says the kids buy onto being football players at a young age and they believe in the program and the coaches have a good off season conditioning & weight program that takes advantage of every day possiable.

That said, the football side takes presidence over all other programs that hurts the development in baseball and basketball. OP says ther is a price to pay to be successful and suppose most are happy.

David Jones- MTSU

Old Pirate wonders if and who signed. Haven't heard any comfirmations regarding signings, just offers?