Morgan Co. Football

footballer2008

>When and where does Midway scrimmage Oakdale? What are these two teams returning?

Midway did not scrimmage Oakdale. Not really sure on the reason but heard that it had to do with Oakdale not having enough players and not having a head coach.

Midway did scrimmage Meigs county last week. Ended up 1 to 1. Midway probably had double the yardage but had several bad snaps.

Midway scrimmages Kingston this Thursday at Midway.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>When and where does Midway scrimmage Oakdale? What are these two teams returning?

Midway did not scrimmage Oakdale. Not really sure on the reason but heard that it had to do with Oakdale not having enough players and not having a head coach.

Midway did scrimmage Meigs county last week. Ended up 1 to 1. Midway probably had double the yardage but had several bad snaps.

Midway scrimmages Kingston this Thursday at Midway.

Will Oakdale have enough players to participate during the season?

Coalfield better be getting ready. There are a lot of teams that smell blood and looking for revenge, gonn let 'em?

CY JACKET!!!! Lord son, you've returned from the dead! Have you been in hiding? Man you need to get back on here and start posting-I mean the season's only what? 3 months away?

I hate to hear that one team is going to beat another or "has the edge" on another based solely on performances against another school. If that was the case we could just award a state championship 2 to 3 games into the season. While I would rather have Wartburg beat Coalfield you cannot assume anything. More factors come into play such as strengths against run, pass, defense, and others.

Man don't take it so literal. I'm just taking the opportunity to do some friendly trash talking with our biggest rival. I know that games are much different than scrimmages. But, with the way the dogs looked in that scrimmage they have me very excited for the season.

I remember when Sunbright went 10-0 (because) they didn??™t play Wartburg, so Wartburg was on the schedule the next year and all we heard was how bad Sunbright was going to beat Wartburg??¦ the game ended something like 40-14 Wartburg? The following year we beat them something like 41-0 and all the way up to my junior year and it was some thing like 38-7? Anytime these two teams don??™t play Sunbright seems to forget that they haven??™t beat Wartburg in like 20 years? But this is a complete different Wartburg team.. I say it will be a VERY close game but Wartburg will edge it out because they are used to playing with the likes of Alcoa ???multiple state champs??? Rockwood ???state champs??? Knox catholic ???state champs??? Sweetwater ???multiple state champs??? Loudon ???Multiple state champs???! That??™s a big difference from Sunbrights schedule.. I remember my senior year Knox Catholic sent a RB to Carson Newman whose starting at safety a OL to Wake Forest whose starting right guard a WR to UTC a FB to North Carolina. Alcoa sent a RB to Tennessee a TE to Florida State whose starting at WR at tennessee a OL to Austin Peay and a FB to Tennessee Two Qbs one to UTC and one to starting Kentucky a WR to Kentucky a DB to West Virginia. Loudon sent a RB to Tennessee a OL to Carson Newman. That??™s just a few off the top of my head??¦. Biggg biggg difference in what these two team play.. or in the fact any team in morgan county

I remember when Sunbright went 10-0 (because) they didn??™t play Wartburg, so Wartburg was on the schedule the next year and all we heard was how bad Sunbright was going to beat Wartburg??¦ the game ended something like 40-14 Wartburg? The following year we beat them something like 41-0 and all the way up to my junior year and it was some thing like 38-7? Anytime these two teams don??™t play Sunbright seems to forget that they haven??™t beat Wartburg in like 20 years? But this is a complete different Wartburg team.. I say it will be a VERY close game but Wartburg will edge it out because they are used to playing with the likes of Alcoa ???multiple state champs??? Rockwood ???state champs??? Knox catholic ???state champs??? Sweetwater ???multiple state champs??? Loudon ???Multiple state champs???! That??™s a big difference from Sunbrights schedule.. I remember my senior year Knox Catholic sent a RB to Carson Newman whose starting at safety a OL to Wake Forest whose starting right guard a WR to UTC a FB to North Carolina. Alcoa sent a RB to Tennessee a TE to Florida State whose starting at WR at tennessee a OL to Austin Peay and a FB to Tennessee Two Qbs one to UTC and one to starting Kentucky a WR to Kentucky a DB to West Virginia. Loudon sent a RB to Tennessee a OL to Carson Newman. That??™s just a few off the top of my head??¦. Biggg biggg difference in what these two team play.. or in the fact any team in morgan county

No, Sunbright and Wartburg never played when Sunbright was 10-0, but they had common opponents in Coalfield and Oakdale and would not have not done well with the Tigers according to score comparisons. As for the next year, the game was a Wartburg and the score was like 28-14. The Bulldogs scored on two INT's returned for TD's and had two long runs off of the option, one by the FB and one by the QB. The Tigers drove the ball during the first half, but had some critical turnovers. Sunbright was also down three critical starters in the 01 season opener against Wartburg, Russell Simpson a very special TE-DE lost for the season to a shoulder injury in the summer, Travis Jones a speedy sure handed WR that broke his collar bone the night before diving for a pass in game prep, and Rusty England a TE-DE who was sick and could not play that night. Don't know if any of the players would have made a difference, but no one ever used it as an excuse, The Tiger Faithful tipped their hats and congratulated the Bulldogs on a tough game and wished them well as the better team won.

Some of the Sunbright people can't spell and say things that make absolutely no sense, but those are the facts about the night, so lets not make things worse by posting wrong scores about games played a while back, OK?

No, Sunbright and Wartburg never played when Sunbright was 10-0, but they had common opponents in Coalfield and Oakdale and would not have not done well with the Tigers according to score comparisons. As for the next year, the game was a Wartburg and the score was like 28-14. The Bulldogs scored on two INT's returned for TD's and had two long runs off of the option, one by the FB and one by the QB. The Tigers drove the ball during the first half, but had some critical turnovers. Sunbright was also down three critical starters in the 01 season opener against Wartburg, Russell Simpson a very special TE-DE lost for the season to a shoulder injury in the summer, Travis Jones a speedy sure handed WR that broke his collar bone the night before diving for a pass in game prep, and Rusty England a TE-DE who was sick and could not play that night. Don't know if any of the players would have made a difference, but no one ever used it as an excuse, The Tiger Faithful tipped their hats and congratulated the Bulldogs on a tough game and wished them well as the better team won.

Some of the Sunbright people can't spell and say things that make absolutely no sense, but those are the facts about the night, so lets not make things worse by posting wrong scores about games played a while back, OK?

While I do applaud the Tigers for winning 10 games during the 2000 season, I find it funny how Sunbright fans always seem to leave out the 1 loss in their final season record making it 10-1 not 10-0. I mean if you would have won out your record would not be 10-0 but 15-0 correct? I would take Wartburg's 8-4 in 2001 and 2002 over that 10-1 anyday due to the level of competition. Also, the final score of the Wartburg vs. Sunbright game in 2001 was 27-6 according to the schedules and scores on this website. If you are going to argue a point make sure you have the correct details.