Morgan Co. Football

footballer2008

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do applaud the Tigers for winning 10 games during the 2000 season, I find it funny how Sunbright fans always seem to leave out the 1 loss in their final season record making it 10-1 not 10-0. I mean if you would have won out your record would not be 10-0 but 15-0 correct? I would take Wartburg's 8-4 in 2001 and 2002 over that 10-1 anyday due to the level of competition. Also, the final score of the Wartburg vs. Sunbright game in 2001 was 27-6 according to the schedules and scores on this website. If you are going to argue a point make sure you have the correct details.

This is true, but in all fairness the one game they lost against Lookout Valley, they only had a total of 2 days tops to prepare for. That was the year that South Pitt was booted out of the playoffs for using an ineligible player and Sunbright was not notified til the monday evening before the game. Where as Lookout Valley was preparing the entire week because they heard rumors that they might get the extra game. I'm not making excuses, Lookout Valley played a splendid game that night, but like you said, if you are going to argue a point make sure you have the details. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

cuntdown is on we be reedy ta beet all dez teemz. lil ol oakdale will be the easy won with tat new coach haha a joke THE WARTS are the ones i hate an ###### waait ta beet down the lumps of coal ar getin weeker an weeker

GEAUX TIGERS

Coalfield beats Sunbright, Oakdale, and Wartburg without even breaking a sweat! Sheesh!

Coalfield beats Sunbright, Oakdale, and Wartburg without even breaking a sweat! Sheesh!

Wartburg and Coalfield will battle it out for the County Championship. It isn't gonna be like you think for Coalfield, they aren't the cream of the crop, they will struggle at times this year. Next year, or in 2011 will be the year of the Tigers again. Alot of talent there when they become seniors(mature).In my opinion, that is.

Wartburg and Coalfield will battle it out for the County Championship. It isn't gonna be like you think for Coalfield, they aren't the cream of the crop, they will struggle at times this year. Next year, or in 2011 will be the year of the Tigers again. Alot of talent there when they become seniors(mature).In my opinion, that is.

Is this the same Wartburg team that has won only 1 game the last 4 years? I think Wartburg might be better than last year, but this team doesnt go from winning 1 game to winning a county championship. I heard that Wartburg looked good in their spring scrimmage, but you cannot really tell how good of a team you have by playing 1 or 2 spring scrimmage games. I have seen teams in the past win all of their scrimmages and then not win a game all season long! I hope you are right about Wartburg, but i will have to see it to believe it myself. Good luck this season!

Is this the same Wartburg team that has won only 1 game the last 4 years? I think Wartburg might be better than last year, but this team doesnt go from winning 1 game to winning a county championship. I heard that Wartburg looked good in their spring scrimmage, but you cannot really tell how good of a team you have by playing 1 or 2 spring scrimmage games. I have seen teams in the past win all of their scrimmages and then not win a game all season long! I hope you are right about Wartburg, but i will have to see it to believe it myself. Good luck this season!

I agree with a lot of your points dragon. BUT, do you realize that this Wartburg team hired a new head coach last year & he brought in an entirely new staff & that 1 win you mention occured last year a 13-0 shutout of Coalfield. So the previous 3 years that you mention doesn't mean anything too this team. They started to build something last year & they were the county champs last year by beating Coalfiled & Coalfield beat Oakdale & Sunbright who did not play Wartburg. So the news paper declared Wartburg county champs(I know thats crazy with only 1 win). My Dawgs will have a winning season this year.

I agree with a lot of your points dragon. BUT, do you realize that this Wartburg team hired a new head coach last year & he brought in an entirely new staff & that 1 win you mention occured last year a 13-0 shutout of Coalfield. So the previous 3 years that you mention doesn't mean anything too this team. They started to build something last year & they were the county champs last year by beating Coalfiled & Coalfield beat Oakdale & Sunbright who did not play Wartburg. So the news paper declared Wartburg county champs(I know thats crazy with only 1 win). My Dawgs will have a winning season this year.

I hope your right. I would love to see Wartburg turn things around. They have been down for so long, it's about time they got some wins and make Morgan Co. football exciting and fun to watch. For so many years, when you hear Morgan Co. you automatically think about Coalfield, but I would love to see Wartburg and Sunbright and Oakdale all win no less than 6 games and make some noise out there! Good luck to your team and i wish them the best this year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...