2009 Union City Tornadoes Schedule

treefitty74

Bigswo,

I believe that UC will beat McKenzie in the jamboree. The Rebels lost a lot from last years team. And, if this is any indicator, Greenfield JV team beat McKenzie JV team last year....something like 14 to 7, or something like that. Of course, that could mean that our young guys last year are very good, too. :thumb:

I don't think you have a clue about the rebels. We did NOT lose alot from last year. We return lets see our QB, all RB's plus a new one, 4 OL, all wide receivers thats offense and on D we return the entire secondary 3 LB's 1 DE and 3 DL. I wouldn't consider that losing alot. In fact we lost only 6 seniors and the ones we lost were sub alot with the returning players we have this year, in fact we return 22 letterman. Our preseason has been with a very good Crocket County team in which we lost 3-2, a good Lexington team we won 11-2 and McNairy Central team we won 5-2. I think we will be fine this year.

As for the Jamboree, I know we are sitting 2 RB's and 2 LB's to keep them healthy for the season. I expect us to well tomorrow night but it want be the same Rebel team you will see under the lights on Friday nights I can promise you that.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delicate, I wouldn't say that. They're the same ones that ran all over Greenfield last year so you tell me if you think there delicate. Why take a risk on getting a a stupid injury for a game that doesn't mean anything to either team. I will pretty much bet UC will us their starters in a reserved mode also. Not saying either of us will be trying to lose but we're not going to risk some of our best players to a game that want matter at the end of the season. You see, us BIG schools can afford to sit a few players and still be just fine.

Now it is my turn...

Stop the CRAP about size of schools. No matter how big or how small the games will be played every Friday night this year.

Union City AND Obion County has lost students. Accually...Union City school system is growing. From the 8th grade down. I know...I'm there.

Now, as for the McKenzie / Union City game...if McKenzie is going to sit "Main" players, then that tells me one of two things....

A...... "IF" McKenzie was to get beat, then they would have an excuse of "WHY"...because "we sat our best player"

or B...... They are pulling your leg. Each of these coaches wants to start out with a "W" in the Jamboree kid you not and with the games of the past with U C and McKenzie...I really believe all stops will be pulled out for a win.

I may be wrong. Either way, Union City will be NO push over for anyone they face winor loose.

See you at the games this fall and I have a feeling that Union City will play their main team most of the 2 quarters...they have no choice.

Now I'll say this to you, there are no excuse here. I could care less if we win or lose a glorified scrimmage. The past few years we have had main players get injuried in scrimmages or the jamboree. Last year we lost one of our tailbacks with a pulled hammy in a jamboree. I do believe you missed him in our first game last year because of it but I think you remembered him in the playoffs. I'm in no way saying we are coming to the jamboree to just watch. We will be there just like always and don't think you are coming to walk over us. If you do then you'll be in for a surprise. The ones we have sitting out have minor injuries that have no need or reason playing. Why should we waste or risk losing good players to a semi game that doesn't matter in the first place. We have nothing to prove to anyone of the teams there. You don't count where it matters, starting on the 21st, that's what matters the most. I know that are coaches are not looking to get blowed out but their main interest is what happens in the season not a Jamboree.

Then if it is no big deal, why should we or YOU play.

Injuries comes from the game...that's part of it.

Union City will be the smallest in numbers of the 8 teams there...just about.

I think I heard today that instead of running in for T D's we will have our place kicker from Spain kick 40 to 55 yarders for practice all night on your team.

This is the first scrimage Union City has played in in over 25 year I think. Our coach has our team prepared. If this Friday night was the last game of the season, I promise Union City will be better conditioned, coached etc than any team you face all year.

We just need a few more player for backup.

We are BIG, Fast, and have the next Mr. Football in a defensive back. We will be on your Q B faster than you have ever seen.

JUst remeber, the only kid we lost from last year is our Q B, no one else.

We have a saying in Union City....."WE DON'T REBUILD....WE RELOAD"

Wish I could be there.. Have to work.

Good luck this season.

ucdiditagain,

Do you remember when you said to me,"Stop the CRAP about size of schools. No matter how big or how small the games will be played every Friday night this year?" Then, you go and talk about the few players that UC has on the team??? C'mon. :roflol:

And, you are right...the games will be played every Friday night. But, when truly small schools have to play teams that have twice as many seniors, or they have 4 or 5 coaches, and your team only has 2, etc. it really does make a huge difference. But, the teams play anyway.

And, I agree with you, injuries are just a part of the game. They happen. But, everytime you step out on that field, it ought to be to give it your best and try to win...otherwise, why play?

It's not a dead horse...it's true. But, I understand you not wanting to talk about it. You're the big school playing the smaller schools and have all the advantages. If UC was playing 3A playoffs against the Milans of the state, then yall might be on our bandwagon on this issue. But, alas, yall are the big fish in a small pond, so enjoy the swim.

But, naw, yall being a bigger town doesnt matter a bit. :roflol:

volfan007....Let me say this....For three years prior to when we dropped we played the big boys with small enrollment numbers....Just about every year we were in AA we WERE the small school...It didn't matter to UC fans...It didn't matter to Union City players....We went to two state championship games in AA as the undefeated #1 ranked team in the state being one of the smallest AA schools in the state...Do you think the die-hard UC fans enjoy going to Greenfield or Gleason???..Hardly...I very much miss the times we played Milan, Westview, Huntingdon and the like in the marquee West Tennessee Friday night match-ups....I still believe that had Randy Barnes still been the head coach at UC when the enrollment numbers were announced back when UC dropped down to 1A, we NEVER would have dropped...He didn't build the program where it was as a AA power to play 1A ball...The size of the town has NO bearing on the enrollment at UCHS...Go count the students yourself.....You think as a former player at UC I like to look on the sideline and see 25 players dressed out??...Absolutely not..We had that many on our freshman team....It is what it is..Darren Bowling is doing a good job rebuilding what Barnes built...UC WILL eventually move back to AA because of the growing enrollment in the elementary and junior high levels and I think the groundwork Bowling has laid will have us ready to compete on that level....

It is a dead horse....

ucdiditagain,

Do you remember when you said to me,"Stop the CRAP about size of schools. No matter how big or how small the games will be played every Friday night this year?" Then, you go and talk about the few players that UC has on the team??? C'mon. :roflol:

And, you are right...the games will be played every Friday night. But, when truly small schools have to play teams that have twice as many seniors, or they have 4 or 5 coaches, and your team only has 2, etc. it really does make a huge difference. But, the teams play anyway.

And, I agree with you, injuries are just a part of the game. They happen. But, everytime you step out on that field, it ought to be to give it your best and try to win...otherwise, why play?

Sounds like Volfan007 wants to move his family to UC or Mckenzie so he doesn't have to make any more excuses. The question is Volfan007, are you tough enough to play at UC?

Then if it is no big deal, why should we or YOU play.

Injuries comes from the game...that's part of it.

Union City will be the smallest in numbers of the 8 teams there...just about.

I think I heard today that instead of running in for T D's we will have our place kicker from Spain kick 40 to 55 yarders for practice all night on your team.

This is the first scrimage Union City has played in in over 25 year I think. Our coach has our team prepared. If this Friday night was the last game of the season, I promise Union City will be better conditioned, coached etc than any team you face all year.

We just need a few more player for backup.

We are BIG, Fast, and have the next Mr. Football in a defensive back. We will be on your Q B faster than you have ever seen.

JUst remeber, the only kid we lost from last year is our Q B, no one else.

We have a saying in Union City....."WE DON'T REBUILD....WE RELOAD"

Wish I could be there.. Have to work.

Good luck this season.

I see there is no difference from last year. You remember we have the same back as well. Our main loss was at LB (2) which played FB and our kicker. Both have been replaced with young men that are just as good if not better so this we are better will not work here. As I said before we will be there and wouldn't expect anything other than a hard hitting game from both sides and trust me, we will see how good that defensive back is friday night.