2009 Union City Tornadoes Schedule

treefitty74

When was the last time LC beat UC, again???...I forget..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You're right..Lake Co seems to choke against Union City ..A couple years ago for about 2 years in a row Lake Co had Union City beat and just laid down..I believe in one of them Lake Co was winning at the half about 30 to 7..I believe ended up getting beat bay about 7 to 10 points..Same in basketball..Union City went undefeated in the record books but Lake Co. jsut choked ..Channin Geanes missing both free throws with just seconds to play and M.J. Brown hitting a 3 point shot with about 8 seconds left and being behind by 2 points..Reminded me a lot of the Memphis -Kansas championship game..But Lake Co did get 3 wins last year so now the series has tightened up..So..looks like the same will be happening if football this year.!..Union City won the state but they should have lost to Lake Co that year all 3 times..Two times for sure..That reminded me of the old U.C.L.A. championship teams ..U.C.L.A. won the national championship one year and the headlines read..U.C.L.A. are the national champs but are the 2nd best team on their campus..Freshmen weren't allowed to play then and Kareem Jabbar,then Lew Alcindor was on the freshman team that many thought was the best team in the country...Same with that Union City ..they won the state..but I still believe they were the 2nd best team in their own district..!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster, how are things in the flat lands?? How is this year shaping up for the green and gold. Have not posted here in a while but will say you are right on bout letting one slip away at UC in 2006. LC up 21-0 at half with a much better team and lost 31-28 in OT. Union City tied it up on a 80 something yard pass play to Demetrius Bracey when Springer took a bad angle to break up the ball and then kicked a field goal in OT to win it. Number three of the toughest losses I have memories of at LC the 2nd at Mckenzie in 05 and of course #1 Quarterfinals of 06 vs JCS. Still can't watch the TD catch by Rayner. Great memories. What of the new coach will he keep the Green Machine rolling? The Falcons have been on quite a string since 04 in football. 4 playoff appearances in 5 years and 2 quarterfinal appearances 06,08 in the last 3 years. Not bad looking back at where they were in 02/03. Good luck and tell everyone out there I said hey and will be checking the scoreboards on TSSAA every friday.

You're right..Lake Co seems to choke against Union City ..A couple years ago for about 2 years in a row Lake Co had Union City beat and just laid down..I believe in one of them Lake Co was winning at the half about 30 to 7..I believe ended up getting beat bay about 7 to 10 points..Same in basketball..Union City went undefeated in the record books but Lake Co. jsut choked ..Channin Geanes missing both free throws with just seconds to play and M.J. Brown hitting a 3 point shot with about 8 seconds left and being behind by 2 points..Reminded me a lot of the Memphis -Kansas championship game..But Lake Co did get 3 wins last year so now the series has tightened up..So..looks like the same will be happening if football this year.!..Union City won the state but they should have lost to Lake Co that year all 3 times..Two times for sure..That reminded me of the old U.C.L.A. championship teams ..U.C.L.A. won the national championship one year and the headlines read..U.C.L.A. are the national champs but are the 2nd best team on their campus..Freshmen weren't allowed to play then and Kareem Jabbar,then Lew Alcindor was on the freshman team that many thought was the best team in the country...Same with that Union City ..they won the state..but I still believe they were the 2nd best team in their own district..!

Coulda,woulda,shoulda.......

If 'ands' and 'butts' were candy and nuts......

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bigster, how are things in the flat lands?? How is this year shaping up for the green and gold. Have not posted here in a while but will say you are right on bout letting one slip away at UC in 2006. LC up 21-0 at half with a much better team and lost 31-28 in OT. Union City tied it up on a 80 something yard pass play to Demetrius Bracey when Springer took a bad angle to break up the ball and then kicked a field goal in OT to win it. Number three of the toughest losses I have memories of at LC the 2nd at Mckenzie in 05 and of course #1 Quarterfinals of 06 vs JCS. Still can't watch the TD catch by Rayner. Great memories. What of the new coach will he keep the Green Machine rolling? The Falcons have been on quite a string since 04 in football. 4 playoff appearances in 5 years and 2 quarterfinal appearances 06,08 in the last 3 years. Not bad looking back at where they were in 02/03. Good luck and tell everyone out there I said hey and will be checking the scoreboards on TSSAA every friday.

It's going pretty good..I haven't heard much about the new coach..I guess Lake Co. couldn't come up with enough money to get any of the former coaches....I did talk to the Lewis Co. coach about coming but he seems to be stuck on about a 100,000 dollar figure..lol After looking at my post..should have used another word other than choked..I know they all played hard..Just that the Union City posters get to me some times..They kinda think they are the only team in West Tenn..lol...I remember that game well though..I believe Lake Co will be all right this year..Probably going to depend on the line..Lake Co still has Patrick Robertson,Ricky Boyd,Rafael Tyler and Cris Rogers,all athletes..It seems to be about 41 players lifting weigts..My son says he is going to go to Lake Co..He played summer baseball with Lake Co and just got through with all stars..He had a good tournament..He says he is going to play football..Just have to wait and see..He thinks he's a quarterback in a lineman's body..Weighs about 230...Kinda like the old Kentucky quarterback..Anyway..hope things are going well for you and your family..Bet that future Falcon is really growing!..Hopefully I'll see you around..Have you run into my ole Lewis Co buddy lately?I've tried talking to him but he don't want to listen..I always tell him there's only one L.C.H.S. and it's Lake Co..not Lewis Co..He's a great guy..Hope things go well with you this year !

It's going pretty good..I haven't heard much about the new coach..I guess Lake Co. couldn't come up with enough money to get any of the former coaches....I did talk to the Lewis Co. coach about coming but he seems to be stuck on about a 100,000 dollar figure..lol After looking at my post..should have used another word other than choked..I know they all played hard..Just that the Union City posters get to me some times..They kinda think they are the only team in West Tenn..lol...I remember that game well though..I believe Lake Co will be all right this year..Probably going to depend on the line..Lake Co still has Patrick Robertson,Ricky Boyd,Rafael Tyler and Cris Rogers,all athletes..It seems to be about 41 players lifting weigts..My son says he is going to go to Lake Co..He played summer baseball with Lake Co and just got through with all stars..He had a good tournament..He says he is going to play football..Just have to wait and see..He thinks he's a quarterback in a lineman's body..Weighs about 230...Kinda like the old Kentucky quarterback..Anyway..hope things are going well for you and your family..Bet that future Falcon is really growing!..Hopefully I'll see you around..Have you run into my ole Lewis Co buddy lately?I've tried talking to him but he don't want to listen..I always tell him there's only one L.C.H.S. and it's Lake Co..not Lewis Co..He's a great guy..Hope things go well with you this year !

Where else could you son go?

Bigster, wouldn't we all like to make 100,000!! lol The boy is growing like a weed. When he was born I told everyone he would be a future veer QB but hte way he is eating it maybe fullback or pulling guard!! :roflolk: LC will always have great skill players and good speed. The good years I remember were when there would good lineman also, Quentin Jones, Tommy Morris, Jarvis Bogan, Cole Mathis, Josh Lienweber, Kyle Rodriguez to name just a few. The Falcons had sme size then. Talked to our ole buddy at the UT clinic and seemed to be doing ok. We be glad to see your son in Green and Gold. Good luck and I will let you know the next time I am out that way visiting so we can get togother.

You'll never hear that..lol..Can't get many of the U.C. fans to post yet..Don't have Butchie and Duckman to talk trash with and thought a couple comments about U.C. not having much of a secondary and was mostly just their quarterback as far as offense,would get some of the U.C. faithful fired up..I still have a few weeks to get them going..Since Lake Co-Union City doesn't play until the last game of the season..going to be a lot of writing before then..!

ucdiditagain is back. I will be on and off this board for the time being.

Union City WILL BE a team to deal with as long as we have NO injuries during the season.

Our kids are at camp in Columbia and will scrimage 4 times...Wayne Co, Riply, Gibson Co. and TCA before the first game and them we play Mckenzie in the Huntingdon Jamoree from what I am told.

Our defense will be GREAT. Our offense will depend on injuries. We have speed and size up the middle as well as a large line.

Let me end this by saying, when we played Trousdale County in the finals a few years back, we had 22 Seniors and got our butt handed to us. Trousdale only played 14 or 15 players all game.

We only dress around 22 to 25 player and maybe 30 with some freshmen who will be good enough to play. If, and I say "IF" the injury bug stays away, Union City will be a team that will knock you head/butt off, run over you and through you.

We will be no Trousdale County from that years team but just rememeber, only 11 play at a time and Union City is use to playing with small numbers as of late.

Everyone we have coming back are starters except Speed.

We will see. Union City has one of the toughest schedules in the state school to school and the size.

Union City will be good, pre-season picked second in the state.

Time will ONLY tell.

Good luck to all and may your seasons be filled with joy and fun....and injury free.

Let me end this by saying, when we played Trousdale County in the finals a few years back, we had 22 Seniors and got our butt handed to us. Trousdale only played 14 or 15 players all game.

We only dress around 22 to 25 player and maybe 30 with some freshmen who will be good enough to play. If, and I say "IF" the injury bug stays away, Union City will be a team that will knock you head/butt off, run over you and through you.

We will be no Trousdale County from that years team but just rememeber, only 11 play at a time and Union City is use to playing with small numbers as of late.

ucdiditagain, we sure got your respect, huh? This isn't the first time that I've read a post from you, giving us our props. I appreciate it. That's always how it's been around here. It's not about how many got, but about how many good ones you can get on the field. If they've got to play both ways, so be it. That's what this time of the year is for... getting in shape to stay on the field the whole game! My brother was the quarterback that year. Do you remember how many times he came off the field? Twice.. once at halftime, and then after the game. Don't let the numbers get you down. Like you said, it don't matter if you've got 50 or 15, only 11 can play at a time. Anyways, best of luck to UC this year. I'll be looking for you guys to make some noise in the playoffs. :thumb: