2009 Union City Tornadoes Schedule

treefitty74

U C will be either 9 - 1 or 10 - 0 after regular season. I just wish we played McKenzie in regular season. That game each year us to be like the Westview game.

It would have been an honor to play the tornadoes again this year. We had some good battles the last few didn't we. It's a shame we couldn't have keep each other on the schedule. UC will be fine this year. Ya'll have one heck of a coaching staff and the intensity of the kids are unbelievable. We're going to hold are own this year as well, returning 22 letterman from last years team. Moving up a notch will be different for awhile, but we'll handle it. We open at Camden and then Westview comes to McKenzie, then we kinda get back on our level if you know what I mean. Anyway, good luck to Tornadoes this year, keep it rolling....................and beat those Mustangs....lol

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how many they have coming back on defense....Arnold, from what I hear, is playing both ways...He has come a long ways conditioning wise from two years ago....Ronnie Fair and Tank Maddox return on D...I think I heard where they are moving Maddox to LB...That kid has a motor that runs full out all the time....

I hear you guys are getting swole in the weight room..I really do wish you guys luck next season...

yeah.. will arnold is playing both ways.. but not for the whole game.. he can only play about 3 or 4 plays at time because he works so hard on offense... UC does return 9 starters on defense... the two corners that were lost are being replaced by two players who actually started two or games a piece last year... one was at safety and the other at linebacker... both have a ton of playing time and experience under their belt for the upcoming season...

yes.. maddox has been moved to linebacker where he will be just as dominant... his small size, speed, and strength make him a very hard person to block... and everybody knows how ronnie fair plays lol...

there is so much commitment to program this year as well... the players know what its gonna take to the Burrow this year... most of the seniors play baseball and are coming in at 6 am before school to get their lifting and conditioning in...

look for UC to make a run this... good luck to everybody

I've been a Huntingdon Mustang Fan for many many years. I'm really looking forward to coming to Union City this season and renew a rivalry. I was wanting a little info on UC. They had a great year last year but i think ive heard they are losing some players. Huntingdon is not losing much at all. 9 returning starters on defense and i believe 7 on offense. We'll be tough this year. Cant wait to play UC this year. Talk of the town is UC will be a Week 14 game as well if everything plays out right. Good Luck to UC

I've been a Huntingdon Mustang Fan for many many years. I'm really looking forward to coming to Union City this season and renew a rivalry. I was wanting a little info on UC. They had a great year last year but i think ive heard they are losing some players. Huntingdon is not losing much at all. 9 returning starters on defense and i believe 7 on offense. We'll be tough this year. Cant wait to play UC this year. Talk of the town is UC will be a Week 14 game as well if everything plays out right. Good Luck to UC

yes we are losing some players... mostly O-line.. but last years backups are a very strong group of upcoming seniors.. depth will be the issue this year as it was last year.. they are tough and relentless so u will have ur work cut out for you..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah.. will arnold is playing both ways.. but not for the whole game.. he can only play about 3 or 4 plays at time because he works so hard on offense... UC does return 9 starters on defense... the two corners that were lost are being replaced by two players who actually started two or games a piece last year... one was at safety and the other at linebacker... both have a ton of playing time and experience under their belt for the upcoming season...

yes.. maddox has been moved to linebacker where he will be just as dominant... his small size, speed, and strength make him a very hard person to block... and everybody knows how ronnie fair plays lol...

there is so much commitment to program this year as well... the players know what its gonna take to the Burrow this year... most of the seniors play baseball and are coming in at 6 am before school to get their lifting and conditioning in...

look for UC to make a run this... good luck to everybody

They better get better on pass defense ..I don't know what kind of system the new coach is going to put in but with him being at McKenzie for several seasons,figure he will throw the ball..Lake Co will still have several receivers in Rafael Tyler,Cris Rogers and Patrick Robertson....have Ricky Boyd at running back and spread the field and just throw the ball up to Patrick..!

They better get better on pass defense ..I don't know what kind of system the new coach is going to put in but with him being at McKenzie for several seasons,figure he will throw the ball..Lake Co will still have several receivers in Rafael Tyler,Cris Rogers and Patrick Robertson....have Ricky Boyd at running back and spread the field and just throw the ball up to Patrick..!

He may run the ball every play too. He spent some time at Dyersburg.

He may run the ball every play too. He spent some time at Dyersburg.

You could be right..lol..Just figured I'd put that out there and get the U.C. faithful posting..Now that McKenzie and Lake Co aren't playing and Duck and Butchie won't be going back and forth with me..have to get something started..!

I predict a big let down for a few of these UC people. The Kool Aid ain't that sweet over there yet boys. No way you get through the year undefeated, I think you'll be lucky to be 8-2. We'll see

U may be right but i will take a 8-2 regular season record every year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You could be right..lol..Just figured I'd put that out there and get the U.C. faithful posting..Now that McKenzie and Lake Co aren't playing and Duck and Butchie won't be going back and forth with me..have to get something started..!

I'll Still Be Around To Twist Your Nipples Bigster.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll Still Be Around To Twist Your Nipples Bigster.

I'm gonna miss you and Duck and some of the Rebel faithful..Union City fans just aren't wanting to come out and play..If this was a basketball thread,would have been 10 pages by now..I believe 1 U.C. fan has posted from U.C. in 3 months..I'm still wondering if they're as talented as they think..I believe they are going to miss Colton Speed and the pass defense they had last year was terrible..But Lake Co. lost Carlos Young and Dominic Kimble so we may not be able to throw the ball..And Union City was pretty good against the run..I'm ready for some action !

I'm gonna miss you and Duck and some of the Rebel faithful..Union City fans just aren't wanting to come out and play..If this was a basketball thread,would have been 10 pages by now..I believe 1 U.C. fan has posted from U.C. in 3 months..I'm still wondering if they're as talented as they think..I believe they are going to miss Colton Speed and the pass defense they had last year was terrible..But Lake Co. lost Carlos Young and Dominic Kimble so we may not be able to throw the ball..And Union City was pretty good against the run..I'm ready for some action !

When was the last time LC beat UC, again???...I forget..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />