2009 Union City Tornadoes Schedule

treefitty74

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict a big let down for a few of these UC people. The Kool Aid ain't that sweet over there yet boys. No way you get through the year undefeated, I think you'll be lucky to be 8-2. We'll see

From What I Saw Last Year From The Tornadoes Is, They Have Good Coaching And A Sideline Full Of Talent. I'd not Be Surprised Of A Deep Run. We Were Fortunate On A 4th And Long To Have Won Last Year. Because They had Our Tail Til The End.

2009 Schedule

August 21 Trigg Co (KY) Home

August 28 OPEN DATE

September 4 Trenton* Home

September 11 Huntingdon Home

September 18 Obion Co. Away

September 25 TCA Away

October 2 Greenfield* Away

October 9 Humboldt * Home

October 16 Halls* Away

October 23 Lake Co.* Home

October 30 South Fulton* Away

Thoughts and Predictions?

Humboldt will be a tough game...They lose a lot on the line, but return several key players including QB Darren Dunbar and HB Quan Campbell...Both are nightmares for opposing teams..

Yeah, Union City beat Northside in the spring.

Who had just hired a new coach who proceeded to resign after spring practice. I'm sure he was committed and their schemes where in place.

How can you love the way Union City ran the Veer last year? They barely read it if they did at all. If you know anything about the scheme of the veer and watched Union City play very much its clear it was a junior high version of what Bowling usually runs. They simply banked on getting their fast kid outside who out athleted the bulk of everyone they played(what a poster in another thread called sisters of the poor).The majority of the time it looked like it was a sideline called pull or give. Or it was a called give and they would check away from the strength.

Anyways now you don't have speed at Quarterback. Colton or the physical attribute. So either they do a better job of actually running the read triple option and be mediocre offensivly or don't and be awful.

Luckily you return your best player Ronnie Fair and have a pretty good d-line in general which will win you some games in 1a football.

UC should be a pretty good team defensivly against teams who can't throw the football or teams with no balance. And looking at their scheldule will win some ball games.

But seriously the kool-aid is a littler sweeter and thicker than what this team warrants.

Of course I could be wrong /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" , I'll guess we'll see come fall.

Who had just hired a new coach who proceeded to resign after spring practice. I'm sure he was committed and their schemes where in place.

How can you love the way Union City ran the Veer last year? They barely read it if they did at all. If you know anything about the scheme of the veer and watched Union City play very much its clear it was a junior high version of what Bowling usually runs. They simply banked on getting their fast kid outside who out athleted the bulk of everyone they played(what a poster in another thread called sisters of the poor).The majority of the time it looked like it was a sideline called pull or give. Or it was a called give and they would check away from the strength.

Anyways now you don't have speed at Quarterback. Colton or the physical attribute. So either they do a better job of actually running the read triple option and be mediocre offensivly or don't and be awful.

Luckily you return your best player Ronnie Fair and have a pretty good d-line in general which will win you some games in 1a football.

UC should be a pretty good team defensivly against teams who can't throw the football or teams with no balance. And looking at their scheldule will win some ball games.

But seriously the kool-aid is a littler sweeter and thicker than what this team warrants.

Of course I could be wrong /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" , I'll guess we'll see come fall.

yeah yeah.. uc can admit that colton did hog the ball the first couple of games but once he realized that he had other great athletes around him he started to use them in a more consistent way.. this is when the veer really started to click.. what u don't understand is that we had more short yardage plays INSIDE the box than we had outside of it.. colton did lead the team in total yardage but that was because every time he ran he was nearly immpossible to tackle.. but let's get off last years team and look at this year's..

uc brings a lot of experience of experience back to offensive line... 5 seniors returning... the backfield will be experienced as well as the two starting slots and full back return... the recieving corps is what lacks the return of quality athletes... bowling has had to ask a couple of players to play multiple positions during the spring and the picks seem to match well with thier secondary positions... the starting quarterback position is still yet to be determined because coach is still trying to decide whether he wants strength and power and passing or quickness and a little speed... uc may throw the ball a little more next year because of the leadership of zach cavness.... and plus he can throw the ball 60+ yards easily...

uc's defense is practically the same as it was last year... with 10 returning starters... you can ask past teams whether or not we are physical or not... i think u know what the answer will be... losing 2 corners is nothing because there are a couple of players to fill those spots who have a lot of experience

For all of you folks who thinks Union City will be just O K.........You will see starting the first game of the season against Trigg County. With a few added over the summer, Union City will have a TON of experience back.

yes, U C will throw the ball more and have sooooo many that can either run over you, through you or around you. You will see.

U C will be either 9 - 1 or 10 - 0 after regular season. I just wish we played McKenzie in regular season. That game each year us to be like the Westview game.

As for the post above mentioning about using speed. Fella, if you had the winning lotto ticket would you turn it in or just keep it to yourself. I think you and I both know the answer.

I can't wait til the season starts. Numbers are still down for U C but in 2 years will be really up and there after.

Keeping everyone healthy will be key for U C season....not the opposing teams as much.

See you Aug 21st....Trigg Co. vs. U C and Union City....

OCVol said.....

"How can you love the way Union City ran the Veer last year? They barely read it if they did at all. If you know anything about the scheme of the veer and watched Union City play very much its clear it was a junior high version of what Bowling usually runs. They simply banked on getting their fast kid outside who out athleted the bulk of everyone they played(what a poster in another thread called sisters of the poor).The majority of the time it looked like it was a sideline called pull or give. Or it was a called give and they would check away from the strength."

I have said the same thing...Speed didn't read the veer as well but he only had a few months to work on it....He didn't even play football for two years and learning that system is not easy....He got better as the year went along...I remember in the OC game, as you do, that OC took away everything except the run up the middle..All UC did was get two,three yards at a time and just completely controlled the clock...I don't even remember how many rushes they had but it was a whole lot..Central couldn't stop it though....

My son played for Bowling for four years so I understand how the veer is suppose to be run...He will be OK with the QB's he has...He didn't have a fast QB the whole time he was at OC so he can adapt to that.....

Good luck to the Rebels this year and I hope you guys break that 20 game losing streak....Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see you guys go 9-1... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OCVol said.....

"How can you love the way Union City ran the Veer last year? They barely read it if they did at all. If you know anything about the scheme of the veer and watched Union City play very much its clear it was a junior high version of what Bowling usually runs. They simply banked on getting their fast kid outside who out athleted the bulk of everyone they played(what a poster in another thread called sisters of the poor).The majority of the time it looked like it was a sideline called pull or give. Or it was a called give and they would check away from the strength."

I have said the same thing...Speed didn't read the veer as well but he only had a few months to work on it....He didn't even play football for two years and learning that system is not easy....He got better as the year went along...I remember in the OC game, as you do, that OC took away everything except the run up the middle..All UC did was get two,three yards at a time and just completely controlled the clock...I don't even remember how many rushes they had but it was a whole lot..Central couldn't stop it though....

My son played for Bowling for four years so I understand how the veer is suppose to be run...He will be OK with the QB's he has...He didn't have a fast QB the whole time he was at OC so he can adapt to that.....

Good luck to the Rebels this year and I hope you guys break that 20 game losing streak....Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see you guys go 9-1... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

True. You got what I was saying about reading and running the veer, the other two responses didn't....my point wasn't that colton had the ball a lot. They'll have to use the system like it was used here to be successful offensively this year. Also are there really ten returning starters on defense? Losing two corners would put you at 9 unless they weren't starters. Plus isn't the Big kid at center playing both ways now? If so and he previously did not then wouldn't that be 8?

True. You got what I was saying about reading and running the veer, the other two responses didn't....my point wasn't that colton had the ball a lot. They'll have to use the system like it was used here to be successful offensively this year. Also are there really ten returning starters on defense? Losing two corners would put you at 9 unless they weren't starters. Plus isn't the Big kid at center playing both ways now? If so and he previously did not then wouldn't that be 8?

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how many they have coming back on defense....Arnold, from what I hear, is playing both ways...He has come a long ways conditioning wise from two years ago....Ronnie Fair and Tank Maddox return on D...I think I heard where they are moving Maddox to LB...That kid has a motor that runs full out all the time....

I hear you guys are getting swole in the weight room..I really do wish you guys luck next season...

Tab Vowell had been at North Side for several years. Coach Massey was forced to step down and Coach Vowell took over the reigns for the spring to see if he wanted the job. He was calling all the shots during the scrimmage. I don't know where you got your info but he has been there for several years. Admittedly, they(NS) were not a great team but size and speed wise, they were much bigger and faster. It was a good showing for UC who will be more of a 7-3 or 8-2 team that could possibly be playing in Murfreesboro in December. However, UC shouldn't get excited yet because there is still alot of work to be done. Good luck guys. Stay focused and do work.

OC should get that elusive win this year as the schedule proves to be a little lower on the difficulty level. Good luck to those guys, they need some reward for their hard work. A program seems to be building as I was extremely pleased to see coach Jackson stay.