Review of Matman's wk 11

Your are wrong.

The weight certification " plan " ( more like plot ) dictates the rate of descent for one dropping weight. It really depends on what you weigh at the time of certification.

Maxwell wrestled Father Ryan in early Jan at 112 while weighing around 105, same as the 103 lbers. He could and did make the weight but the plan forced him to wrestle up no matter what the scale said. He had a fine tournament looking VERY good right up until the finals match , where by match time he was giving up around 10 lbs and simply got out muscled.

I expect him to go deep in the state tournament at 103 and it won't be a huge upset if he wins the whole thing.

my question is, has he ever weighed in at exactly 103 or less, to wrestle the 103 pound class, if you weigh at 103.1 you haven't made weight to wrestle at 103,, after christmas they got 2 pounds for growth, if he weighs in at 105.1 where must he wrestle 105 or 112 not signeling out this kid, this is just a example for all weight classes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my question is, has he ever weighed in at exactly 103 or less, to wrestle the 103 pound class, if you weigh at 103.1 you haven't made weight to wrestle at 103,, after christmas they got 2 pounds for growth, if he weighs in at 105.1 where must he wrestle 105 or 112 not signeling out this kid, this is just a example for all weight classes

I am not sure you have a grasp of the weight certification process. He could have weighed in at 99lbs and he would have still had to wrestle 112 in early January. It is a major flaw in the system, you have to wrestle up until enough time has passed no matter what you weigh.

You don't have to weigh 103, to wrestle that, you just have to qualify for it. So, if he qualifies for 103, then after Christmas he can wrestle 103 although weighing in at 105. BUT, you have to qualify to make that weight, not the weight plus the 2 lbs allowance.

Here are a few names of kids not currently ranked that will most likely be ranked next year Mc coy Newberg (Indy),Colby O'Brian(Blackman), Brock Pressley(Signal MT. ?), Grahm Smith (Blackman),Chris Hoop(Brentwood),Caleb Walls(Oakland),Scott Seaman(Mt. Juliet) I have a few more but they may already be on the watch list.

Ok, from Region 10:

Tindall is a very good 171, he's going to be real tuff at 160.

Amos Jones has had a great conditioning plan and will peak at state at 135.

Taylor peck is not given near enough respect at 140.

Peck is OK but I see him having trouble with guys that have a greater variety to their style. I have seen him pushed by some average wrestlers. He gets away with stuff due to his athletic ability that the top guys will take advantage of.

Peck is OK but I see him having trouble with guys that have a greater variety to their style. I have seen him pushed by some average wrestlers. He gets away with stuff due to his athletic ability that the top guys will take advantage of.

CRFT

You're right that Peck has super athletic ability and that he relies on that a lot, but who wouldn't?

Also, which average wrestler has he been pushed by?..Certainly none from Region 10, Div I. The only push you've seen was from the CBHS kid who Peck has beat twice.

CRFT

You're right that Peck has super athletic ability and that he relies on that a lot, but who wouldn't?

Also, which average wrestler has he been pushed by?..Certainly none from Region 10, Div I. The only push you've seen was from the CBHS kid who Peck has beat twice.

Peck is the best that Region 10 has to offer this year. Better than Jones, or anyone else, I don't think that is a tough debate. He can be somewhat predictable in the neutral position but the kid is solid in all positions.... and you better have a gas tank facing him. He should be a high placer this year.

Peck is the best that Region 10 has to offer this year. Better than Jones, or anyone else, I don't think that is a tough debate. He can be somewhat predictable in the neutral position but the kid is solid in all positions.... and you better have a gas tank facing him. He should be a high placer this year.

I disagree. Bradley Rogers of Collierville. Tough, Athletic, and a smart wrestler. Has only lost to #1 ranked DII kid from BA, this year. Otherwise, undefeated. Not taking anything away from Peck, he looks solid and should have a good performance at the McSleazie Arena in 2 weeks. As for Tindall, I was thoroughly unimpressed with his showboat style wrestling ability. In case he is reading this: don't try that silly optional start where you try to jump in with the legs, won't work on a solid wrestler at states. Good Luck to all.

After review of Matman's wk 11...Who is Div I's most underrated/not rated Wrestler?

Craig Carter, Dobyns Bennett's 189, has a record of 46-5 with 32 pins and has not lost to a wrestler from Tennessee this year. The last time he lost to a Tennessee wrestler was in the second round of the cons. in the state tournament last year.

Craig Carter, Dobyns Bennett's 189, has a record of 46-5 with 32 pins and has not lost to a wrestler from Tennessee this year. The last time he lost to a Tennessee wrestler was in the second round of the cons. in the state tournament last year.

has he wrestled anyone in TN that is in the top 6 or on the watch out for from coach bray's ranking?

1) Cameron Croy (Brentwood)

2) Mike Kennedy (Blackman)

3) Brenden Dusevic (Notre Dame)

4) Jackie Miller (Greenback)

4) Tate Mustin (Lincoln County)

6) Tucker Bolton (Bradley Central)

Others to watch: Brett Jaeckel (Hendersonville), Chris Ferguson (East Literature), Chip Norwood (Cleveland), Tyler Toon (Ooltewah), Jonathan Kilgore (Morristown West), Derek Conley (Bolton), Zach Bergholtz (Ravenwood)

that's 13 guys, if he has not wrestled any of these, then there probably are not many more decent and tough 189lbers in a state like TN? If he has wrestled some of these, who did he beat? This info may get him noticed! I know that Jaeckel has lost like 12 matches this year, but i also know he has wrestled some tough guys. His record COULD BE a result of his competition. (please notice I said could, now was)