East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Coach Harris will become the High School Coach, ( but if he does he will start with 75 kids and keep 75 kids,and win games), Now he quits(yes it is true he quit). Go figure?

Is it better to leave on your own now or get fired next year?

For the kids sake I hope your right that they win games. But it is hard to keep 75 guys out playing if they are working hard and not seeing the playing field. Good luck to the kids still working.

Me, I would rather go where I am wanted and not stay where I am not. Especially if you see the writing on the wall that your time is up when someone finishes there degree to teach.

Word on the street is they are starting an all middle school coach league. Fairview, both Hickman County schools, University of Tennessee and East Sally Magnet Twisted Sisterhood Whistle Stop Middle School.

The ESMTSWSMS Fighting Lesbos are the odds on favorite to win the league this first year. They have most of the team returning for the 7th straight year and some of them have all of their teeth.

I heard from my neighbor's son that coach Jones has resigned. Is this true? Personally I hope it is. Not that I htink he is a bad coach, but I think he is too tough on our boys. (based on my neighbor's son who I will not mention)

A lot of talk around town about why he resigned. I am just trying to get the facts and not start a bunch of coach bashing. Thanks!

Too tough?!?!?! ya gotta be kidding me............ wow primmspringswoman. Football is a demanding sport, the lessons learned often prepare those that play the game for life's trials.......... some of the comments in this thread are evidence of the ongoing decline of American civilization.......... it's tooo hard......it's tooo hot........... he makes me run........ he requires me act like a young MAN in the classroom and the community.......... Be careful your frailty

will be passed on to your children.......... and they will turn out like some of the youngins on one of my job sites that walk off because they didn't know that WORK was involved to actually keep the job and EARN the paycheck........

check out the lewis county thread, they seem to actually praise the fact that their kids work hard and their coaches have EXPECTATIONS for them to do so. are the people (READ: PARENTS) in lewis more hard nosed than the folks at east?

hey! its eaglemommydearest17! I am so glad you re-joined this thread! now let's see what kind of silly things you have got to say today!

1.I doubt Coach Harris will become the High School Coach, ( but if he does he will start with 75 kids and keep 75 kids,and win games)

he very well could! stranger things have happened and if you have followed this thread,and I know you have, you know how strange we residents of hickman county can be! I imagine coach jones could have kept 75 kids out if he relaxed his standards, made workouts optional, cancelled practice over fall break, allowed his players to act anyway they wanted and still play, and lastly didn't care if the kids made the grade in the classroom and had parents that were supportive of the team!

2.I personally would like to see the Def. Cord. get the job.

I would be surprised if any of the current staff would stay........ coaches tend to be loyal people and besides, in a community where complaining is a past time....... who would think that we would jump behind him and treat him any differently than coach jones???????

3.But who knows,this is a big soap opera. It really kinda chaps me that all the fighting and bickering and complaints to get Jones ousted

this one is particularly hilarious as you have helped lead the charge......... in case you have forgotten see page 1, post #2

4.he was forgiven and allowed a chance to make things right

I still am unaware of what he had to be forgiven for and why he needed a chance to make things right

5.Got the team/community back with full support

after signing a petition in support of coach jones that was circulated by his PLAYERS I am not so sure that he didn't have their support..........as far as the community goes we have not done right by our young program since day one.....who are you kidding??????

6.Now he quits(yes it is true he quit). Go figure?

Go figure a MAN who is unwilling to compromise what he stands for, in a place that doesn't believe in what he believes in and shows no sign of wanting to get behind him or his program............ I work construction and I won't build houses in the sand.....I know better............

forgive me if I dont buy your 6 points of BS. but I am glad........being the great supporter that you are that you posted the spring/scrimmage dates I asked you about.....you are such a sweetie eaglemommiedearest17!

hey! its eaglemommydearest17! I am so glad you re-joined this thread! now let's see what kind of silly things you have got to say today!

1.I doubt Coach Harris will become the High School Coach, ( but if he does he will start with 75 kids and keep 75 kids,and win games)

he very well could! stranger things have happened and if you have followed this thread,and I know you have, you know how strange we residents of hickman county can be! I imagine coach jones could have kept 75 kids out if he relaxed his standards, made workouts optional, cancelled practice over fall break, allowed his players to act anyway they wanted and still play, and lastly didn't care if the kids made the grade in the classroom and had parents that were supportive of the team!

2.I personally would like to see the Def. Cord. get the job.

I would be surprised if any of the current staff would stay........ coaches tend to be loyal people and besides, in a community where complaining is a past time....... who would think that we would jump behind him and treat him any differently than coach jones???????

3.But who knows,this is a big soap opera. It really kinda chaps me that all the fighting and bickering and complaints to get Jones ousted

this one is particularly hilarious as you have helped lead the charge......... in case you have forgotten see page 1, post #2

4.he was forgiven and allowed a chance to make things right

I still am unaware of what he had to be forgiven for and why he needed a chance to make things right

5.Got the team/community back with full support

after signing a petition in support of coach jones that was circulated by his PLAYERS I am not so sure that he didn't have their support..........as far as the community goes we have not done right by our young program since day one.....who are you kidding??????

6.Now he quits(yes it is true he quit). Go figure?

Go figure a MAN who is unwilling to compromise what he stands for, in a place that doesn't believe in what he believes in and shows no sign of wanting to get behind him or his program............ I work construction and I won't build houses in the sand.....I know better............

forgive me if I dont buy your 6 points of BS. but I am glad........being the great supporter that you are that you posted the spring/scrimmage dates I asked you about.....you are such a sweetie eaglemommiedearest17!

East Advocate,

You seem to be one of the FEW people in East that really seems to understand how far behind the 8 ball the football program is. I appreciate your honesty. I also think more (all) people should follow your lead. I have nothing to do with Hickman County, but I would like to shake your hand. East really needs more people like involved in their school and community. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I heard from my neighbor's son that coach Jones has resigned. Is this true? Personally I hope it is. Not that I htink he is a bad coach, but I think he is too tough on our boys. (based on my neighbor's son who I will not mention)

A lot of talk around town about why he resigned. I am just trying to get the facts and not start a bunch of coach bashing. Thanks!

Ah, where's Moe Wright and his discipline when you need it?