Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elizabethton win in Erwin makes the regular-season Champion selection easy.

The Lady Cyclones lost only one Seven game the entire season.

And I really like their chances to win the District Tournament.

And are we perhaps going to see them repeat as Region One-A Champs?

But, be warned:

There are three District teams fully-capable of beating Elizabethton. I don't expect

it, but caution is advised.

And, though South Greene, as evidenced by the home loss to Unicoi County, is beatable,

the Lady Rebels will again be a tough matchup for any of three possible Seven opponents.

But first things first.

Congratulations to the Lady Cyclones!

The Lady Dogs took care of business (UH) last night so we now have a 2 way tie and if NG wins tonight, also against UH then we will have a 3 way tie for the Watauga Valley Conference. Coaches meeting will determine who will be the top 3 seeds. Just like the boys side, should be a great tournament. Would also like to commend coach Tolley because he started clearing the bench last night in the second quarter or it could have been 130 to 10. Class act and well deserved share of the conference title. Lady Dogs have overachieved this season against great adversity.

Elizabethton beat Unicoi Co. 44-39 tonight, despite going 8-25 from the foul line. Mariah Pietrowski had 22 points and 10 rebounds.

CONGRATS BETSY FOR A STELLAR PERFORMANCE AT THE DEVILS DEN ,A VERY GOOD GAME FOR THE GIRLS ON BOTH SIDES , MARIAH WITH 22 AND ALI WITH 20 ,,ALL THE GALS PLAYED WELL SHOWED ALOT OF HEART AND CLASS SURE WISH OL GOD1ST COULD HAVE WITNESSED 2 HARD TEAMS GOING AT IT AS HARD AS THEY COULD AND STILL ,STILL SHOWING WELL I AIN,T GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN SHE WILL CALL ME IGNORANT...........................GOOD LUCK IN THE TOURNEY

GOOD TO SEE SOME OF MY BUDDIES OVER THERE AS WELL.

bluedevildad,this is Sullivan North talking about class,???????

Yes! Congradulations to Unicoi for their win.

But, Bluedevildad, do it with some class and dignity. Your comments above clearly show that you yourself have absolutely no Class at all to leave behind. Your comments completely overshadow your girls coming out with a classy win. So, so sad.

South Greene's notorious hostile gym is no different than your own or any other gym in the conference. Your comments on borrowing chew from a lady rebel is shallow and degrating of yourself. Learn some self respect and dignity and then try to be a role model for your own players and fans.

After you have completed those courses then go to stripe school and learn to ref yourself. Then get out there and do a better job if your think you can. Take a look at the game films, look back at the calls that were made and the ones that were not. There were good and bad calls on both sides of the the court. One bad call could have been the difference in the whole game. Remember when in the first half the game that Brandi Crum of SG and Unicoi were making rebound on a missed shot of Unicoi's. That resulted in an over the back call for Brandi Crum. The basket never fell, it was a rebound and a foul. The ref called the two points good on a basket that never fell! GEE, two points that was never made. Subtract that from your score and see what the outcome truly was.

But, it was a lesson learned for SG girls.

THE LADY DEVILS BEAT THE UNDEFEATED SOUTH GREENE REBELS INSIDE SOUTH GREENES NOTORIOUS HOSTILE GYM. THE MOST PHYSICAL GAME I HAVE EVER WITNESSED. ALL THE CALLS LEAD TOWARD SOUTH GREENE ,AT ONE TIME UNICOI COUNTY HAD 11 FOULS AND SG WITH 2 SO YOU CAN PRETTY WELL FIGURE HOW THE SG FANS WERE LIKE . I DID MEET ONE LADY REBEL OUTSIDE AND SHE LET ME BORROW A CHEW OF HER RED MAN ,THOUGHT THAT WAS AMAZING HOW FRIENDLY SHE WAS WITH HER CHEW.. THE DEVILS LEAD THE ENTIRE GAME EXCEPT A FEW SECONDS IN THE 3RD QUARTER. UC61 SG 60 ALI GARDNER IVORY SHELTON BOTH PLAYED TOUGH RILEY KING ,EMMA THOMPSON , WHITNEY WEBB MCKAYLA BENNETT KAYLA EDWARDS RUNNING OUT OF ROOM I,M SO PROUD OF ALL THE GIRLS . I HOPE WE LEFT SOME CLASS IN THAT PLACE CAUSE THERE SURE WAS,NT MUCH WHEN WE GOT THERE.

Tacky!!

I'm glad you are not my dad!