Better enjoy it....

BayouBear

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matfish,

Coach Jordan also had a state championship team at Franklin in 89. That and his years at Clarksville High have earned him the honor of National Coach of the Year and in the Tennessee High Shcools Sports Hall of Fame. Plus he is an awesome author as well.

As Ibleedpurple was saying he knows what he is talking about when it comes to wrestling and many other things as well, including beef.

mhhjnh did not remember that about franklin in 1989 but a good fact to know. thanks. i have not questioned how good of a coach he is nor will i ever. he does a great job and deserves his recognitoin.

ibleedpurpleandgold they get the money from all the concessions and some of the gate money and all that. those are the extra ammenities they deserve for running the tournament and their hard work. but things that affect wrestling matches such as putting them in the bleachers where all the clarksville fans already have the seats is not right. crowds affect matches. but this is the last post about this im tired of arguring about it. i never even said i think it's a huge deal i am just saying i see where the coaches from the newspaper article have a point.

Yes I have met coach Jordan. I didnt call anyone a liar. I said I think he believes what most others dont in that he has accused Chattanooga Officials of being biased specifically against his team. He is grouping a lot of fine referees as being cheaters in effect now isnt he?

I think he is wrong in his beliefs. Ive watched wrestling here for 15 years now and I can remember incidences where we thought refs were against us and after viewing film in most cases we were wrong. Heat of the moment reactions occur at times because your heart is rooting for your team and you see it your way.

I think it is not new about him complaining about officials. Therefore my comment about saying it long enough etc. I have sat opposite him on the wrestling mat and watched it many times. Stopping matches to complain that his wrestlers arent getting any calls. Sometimes 5 even 6 even 7 times during one particular bout and 12 to 15 times during a match. Much more so in my opinion than most coaches do. You can look at it that he is fighting for his team or you can look at it that he is constantly whining. It is somewhere in between likely.

Coach Jordan has done a terrific job at Clarksville. He loves his City, his team and his wrestlers no doubt. He obviously has impressed you with his honesty and coaching with you and others. He is to be congratulated on his positive effect on this sport, Clarkesville , the community and his wrestlers. His passion comes through. Maybe that is why he does what he does but no doubt he does a lot of it.

You have my opinion. Your final statement seems to be threatening a beat down by Coach J. I think he is above that. I doubt he knows your saying that for him. I think he would discourage it. A lot of people dont take BS from others. That list is long.

ibleed - 2@140 raised two young men who brought home 7 medals during their high school state tourney wrestling careers, including 3 golds, two 2nds, and two 3rds. They have helped their school win a fair share of dual state championships as well, guessing somewhere between 4 to 7 gold trophies.. One wrestles for an Ivy League school now. He knows a little bit about the sport.

Or you can let that ego keep digging that hole....

If so, you've never met Coach Jordan and I pray you never do. If he's not the most honest man I've ever met, he's the toughest and he doesn't take any bullsh*t.

This is what you wrote. If wasnt a threat why would you pray I dont meet him.(By the way its way to late for that). Nice spin job. You know what you meant. I also know you dont speak for him so I do not take such a statement seriously.

As far as the stoppages go I have it on film. So no assumption. Fact.

As I said before Coach Jordan has obviously made a great impression on you and sounds like his practice methods are great.

Lets not forget some of the officials he is accusing of being cheaters have integrety as well. They have been around the sport a long time as well and in some cases longer than Coach Jordan. They arent making a call "just to get at Coach Jordan or Clarkesville"..they have more professionalism than that. He has called into question an entire group of guys and seems to have indicated it is an annual occurance that they are out to get him. I strongly question the validity of that statement as do most others.

Coach Jordans integrety(which you laud and rightfully so) Im assuming also wouldnt entail such a ludicrous statements as being "way up on a pedastal" above others a stature you say you have achieved. Your statements if we are to believe them indicate that he is much more classy than that.

A lesson you have yet to learn from him to add to the ones that you have.

Do any of your credentials involve 8th grade civics? If "what's best for the majority is the law of the land," what land is your pedestal in, exactly?

I'm just trying to keep up here.

I want to see the credentials that he is the smartest person. I really want to see that.

Also, if he wonders why so many people cannot understand what he is writing, a really smart person would begin to question the manner in which they are trying to communicate and not just the intellect of the audience.

Please, school us.