District 14A, Region 7 & 8, Substate (Single A)

frankieD12

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speller i was there but i have to give dresden credit that they were the aggresser in the second half. That is some of lc problem, lake county get a lead before half time then they lose that aggresive nature that gives us the lead in the first place. i would like to say lc would come out friday and play well and get that much needed victory. But as any lc fan can tell you, this time of year anything can happen. good luck lc

That is true but I think that a large part of the problem was poor shot selection. There were some three pointers taken that were near NBA range. I did like seeing Patrick posting up. He and Russel should do more of that especially when they have a height advantage. The inside game opens up the outside game and vice versa. Falcons look out for those UC floppers. Play smart....pull up and take the short jumper. Good luck Falcons but you shouldn't need luck if you play like you are capable of.

bigster said....

"Lake Co needs to beat Union City and hopefully play Humboldt for the district title and then no matter what ,will be in different brackets in the region."

bigster...It is paramount for both UC and Lake County to stay away from Humboldt in the region semis...This district seeding IS the season for one of those two teams....I would be very concerned how this district tourney ended up...

Also agree with you.I dont think that either team will beat Humboldt.So 2nites game is important to stay out the bracket with Humboldt.

My son and I went to the District 14A tourney in Trenton tonite. Humboldt demolished Trenton in the first game. I believe that Humboldt won by 40.

The second game was worth the price of the ticket. Lake Co. winning by one, and then seeing Sisco screaming at the ref as he left the court after the game was over. It was not a pretty picture. I think Sisco thought that Avery walked after intercepting the fullcourt pass with 3 seconds left on the clock. I think that's what it was about. But anyhooo...Sisco was so mad that his baldhead was red.

I was disappointed in the way that Avery played tonite. The fella just stood around on offense and defense both. He was practically a non factor in the game. I think he scored 6 points all nite. At 6'6" and as athletic as he is, he should be absolutely dominating high school ball. There should never be a game where he only scores 6 points, unless he has a broken ankle and sore toe on one foot, and a huge corn on the other. The young man has unbelievable potential. If he would work as a hard on the court as Rine Simpson of UC, he could be all state and have big colleges looking at him. Well, that's my humble opinion. My opinion and 1 dollar can buy you a cup of coffee at Sonic.

My son and I went to the District 14A tourney in Trenton tonite. Humboldt demolished Trenton in the first game. I believe that Humboldt won by 40.

The second game was worth the price of the ticket. Lake Co. winning by one, and then seeing Sisco screaming at the ref as he left the court after the game was over. It was not a pretty picture. I think Sisco thought that Avery walked after intercepting the fullcourt pass with 3 seconds left on the clock. I think that's what it was about. But anyhooo...Sisco was so mad that his baldhead was red.

I was disappointed in the way that Avery played tonite. The fella just stood around on offense and defense both. He was practically a non factor in the game. I think he scored 6 points all nite. At 6'6" and as athletic as he is, he should be absolutely dominating high school ball. There should never be a game where he only scores 6 points, unless he has a broken ankle and sore toe on one foot, and a huge corn on the other. The young man has unbelievable potential. If he would work as a hard on the court as Rine Simpson of UC, he could be all state and have big colleges looking at him. Well, that's my humble opinion. My opinion and 1 dollar can buy you a cup of coffee at Sonic.

I agree with you..Really don't know how Lake Co won..With Russel only scoring 6 points and basically a no show..never would have thought they would have have beaten Union City..I thought the only person that came to play was Carlos..Patrick was missing inside and outside..Russell only had 4 pointas at the half and the second half,only shot the ball 1 time..that he made on a short shot that rolled in..Russel may have well as not been on the floor..I thought it was probably his worst game I've seen him play and over all thought Union City shorten the game down and played at their pace when they got the 4 point lead late in the 3rd quarter and took time off the clock..I thought Lake Co looked sluggish..Really both teams didn't look as good as they did in their two previous games..I personally didn't care for the officiating for either side..Let the kids play ball..But...A win is a win....Don't care about the district championship....Lake Co isn't going to show anything in this next game...Didn't play Rafael a whole lot last night and I believe the next game..Lake Co will play someone against Humboldt that didn't even play last night..Upset special..Lake Co is going to beat Humboldt when it matters most..For the region title..

i agree

there shouldn't be a time down the floor he doesn't touch the ball if you ask me

the problem is they're too guard oriented

Whitby should step in and get them to start running plays to Avery

at least every three times down the floor