McBee

ernieg

Has anyone else heard the rumor that he has gotten an offer from the Vols....He is a great young man off the court as well...I wish the best for him.....Vols need him, if you ask me...He would be like Oglesby at Clemson, but better!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else heard the rumor that he has gotten an offer from the Vols....He is a great young man off the court as well...I wish the best for him.....Vols need him, if you ask me...He would be like Oglesby at Clemson, but better!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I know UT has seen him play lately, but I am not sure if a formal offer has been made. If they haven't they need to. This kid can flat out play.

If McBee goes to Wake then Pearl should be questioned for his complete lack of sense. This is a no-brainer. The kid wants to stay in state, play a half hour away from where he's lived all his life and is a legitimate D-1 player. If he was a Bertlekamp or a Bayne or a Haslam there wouldn't be any of this rigamarole.

I hope Skylar goes to Wake. Pearl doesn't deserve a kid like this.

The one problem UT has is they only have 1 scholarship they are offering next year, and I believe that is going to a shooter from out of state that is ranked higher than McBee, but that is all I actually know about that kid. I would love to get some boys at UT that already bleed Orange.

Scholarship numbers may change based on Tyler Smith and Chism's decisions. Pearl has 3 commitments at the guard position for 2010.

The one problem UT has is they only have 1 scholarship they are offering next year, and I believe that is going to a shooter from out of state that is ranked higher than McBee, but that is all I actually know about that kid. I would love to get some boys at UT that already bleed Orange.

Kenny Hall already has the one guaranteed scholarship that we get from Childress. Now if Smith or/and Chism goes pro then we'll have 2 more possibly. I also would not be surprised if Woolridge doesn't transfer out which would give us a possible 3 scholarships. I've heard West will be eligible so i don't think we get his back. As to the McBee situation, I think he would be a good pick-up but it will be interesting to see if he can compete in Pearl's system. He can stroke it thats for sure and if he improves his D some he will probably see some playing time late in his sophomore year. I think he'll end up at UT. Just my 2 cents worth.

I know UT has seen him play lately, but I am not sure if a formal offer has been made. If they haven't they need to. This kid can flat out play.

They have seen him play a few times this year, but Bruce Pearl has been to 2 games (Grainger/Union Co. and Grainger/Carter). I overheard his mom talking to some people last night and she said that they have not offered him anything yet, but that Skylar really hopes they do. I'm like you I don't know what else Skylar can do to show Bruce that he should get him at UT. I've heard that UT is where Skylar really wants to go, and being from around here I would like to see the Vols get a hometown boy. Because like you said he can flat out play and dropping 44 points on anyone should prove that hands down.

Skylar would have to improve his defense & become more physical, maybe add a little more muscle also to be able to play at Wake or Tennessee. The kid can flat out play though no question about that.

You are not watching the same player that I am if you think he is not strong and physical. He will be able to play defense. Each coach teaches it differently and he would be able to do it.