2009 Rockwood Tigers

goodgooglywoogly

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who won the kingston rockwood game...someone told me Kingston won 13-1. I'm not positive on that score though. how did rockwood look?

yeah kingston won alright. i was at the game and rockwood looked like they didn't have very good pitching. this is a young inexperienced team that will mature but i just don't give them much of a post season shot. but hey kingston isn't a bad team this year. they went on to beat oak ridge with alex martin pitching for them and then knox west with tim bouldin so better keep an eye on the yellow jackets they looking pretty tough. so maybe kingston was just that much better. i hope so cause i don't wanna be run ruled every game this year!! go tigers!!

just don't see harriman winning the region.. i think if Prior is on the hill then they have a shot but without him on the mound i don't see it happening.. if they finish first in there district they will either be playing Wartburg which is a very good team or Coalfield which has very good potential to become a good team by post season time.. but rockwood will be the surprist team in there district and region it will be a fight btween the devils and tigers for district title..

i think both Wartburg and Coalfield have a very good shot at beating harriman .. i saw one of harriman's scrimmages this pre=season and was not impressed Prior looked good and there first basebam hit the ball well which is expected. but besides them two i didn't see anyone that could touch a good fastball or below avg. offspeed.. defence looked sloppy and pitching was not very good. but that is just a scrimmage and during the season it is a diff story..

as for Greenback i haven't herd anything from them just saw them play last year and if they are anything like last season they will finish 3rd or even 4th behind rockwood, harriman, or grace.

the large greenback kid didnt graduate he is a senior this year and he has hit 2 homeruns this year and is 100% on throwing out runners. he is the best catcher in 1 A no doubt and i think he is going to help his team win the district.

Smitty is not the best catcher in 1 A. haha. that was humorous. He is not the top Catcher in his own Region. The Kid is a very good ball player no doubt, and Greenback will go as he goes, but He is not the best catcher in Single A baseball. Plus Greenback's field is like 250 all the way around. It's not like he had to hit a 400 ft. bomb.

Smitty is not the best catcher in 1 A. haha. that was humorous. He is not the top Catcher in his own Region. The Kid is a very good ball player no doubt, and Greenback will go as he goes, but He is not the best catcher in Single A baseball. Plus Greenback's field is like 250 all the way around. It's not like he had to hit a 400 ft. bomb.

smitty hit one last friday against sequoyah that went 398 feet so yeah he did hit a 400 ft bomb. who are you anyway? Greenback is going to win there region. and what catcher is better than him in 1 A

Haha yea, because in high school baseball there is a distance meter like on Video games in the Home Run derby. Greenback will not even get out of there district, unless something happens to Harriman and Rockwood. But back to the catcher things, How about Hunter creasy? do you even know who that is? Catcher at Jackson Christian, he ain't too shabby. And if you wanna get on a local level look at Pryor at Harriman.