Riverdale HAMMERED!

JaMMin

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, lets work at this thing backward. What would have made thisthing legal? Anything. And if not how might a school handle this? Invite all zoned students to the school to let the students and parents look at the school and keep the locker room open so all can look at it. What if all zoned students include students whose parents are teachers in a private school?

Can a privte school send a flyer to all middle schools in a county? And how is that handled?

OK, lets work at this thing backward. What would have made thisthing legal? Anything. And if not how might a school handle this? Invite all zoned students to the school to let the students and parents look at the school and keep the locker room open so all can look at it. What if all zoned students include students whose parents are teachers in a private school?

Can a privte school send a flyer to all middle schools in a county? And how is that handled?

if those kids dont play basketball why would they care what it looks like?...If a real smart kid want to go to oakland for their smart program they have and they choose to look at the school that is harmless my kids are not smart so they are not going to go look at the school.

First and foremost, I have NO knowledge of what went on with Riverdale. This is an opinion board so here's mine. There has to be more that Carer didn't say than he said. I am aware of two other sports at other schools that had similar events that were approved by TSSAA ahead of time and there were no issues. While a two year probation is sevier, it is nothing in comparison to the $1000 fine. Something else had to have gone on. You can have a coach pitched from a game twice in the same season and the fine is only $750 total before the administration is required to remove him/her. The $1000 range is usually reserved for some form of "...If it is determined that a school (or any of its administrators or coaches) had knowledge of a violation or possible violation of the TSSAA Constitution or Bylaws and failed to promptly self-report it as required in Section 15, or that a delay in self-reporting occurred as a result of a failure by the school to properly monitor its athletic program as required in Section 15..." Sometimes the attitude with which you answer questions can be more important than the answers themselves. Personally, I think they got a raw deal.

With regard to a comment about glass houses, if someone has something that needs to be reported, report it (on my favorite team included). There won't be any respect for the teams of the schools in the district involved until all this mess gets cleared up, and the programs as clean as whistles.

well i hope some people are happy...AMAZING how a letter sent out with the statement of all students in stead of zoned students has resulted in these actions...but thats ok we are RIVERDALE and we will bounce back from this...the sad part is...the only people this really hurts are the kids who do not start or play alot...summer and spring practices is where those kids have a chance to really show the coach what she can do and now they have lost that opportunity...I hope that the powers that be that brought all this on are pleased...and i guess we have now opened a can of worms in this county that many hasnt opened before so for those throwing stones watch out because the glass house is about to be open

Just to show future LADY WARRIORS the facilities kinda like an open house

What is AMAZING is how these fliers reached the hands of "non-zoned" students in mass enough quantity to cause trouble???

I have to STRONGLY disagree that "the powers that be" brought all of this on. CM has been involved in other situations which SHE brought on due to poor decision making, therefore placing herself in the spotlight of the TSSAA watchdogs. When you are in a position of power (teacher, coach, administrator) you have to CONSTANTLY be mindful of the rules, and whether or not your actions can be easily misconstrued into the breaking of said rules. I personally find this "open house" thing a questionable judgement call for whoever planned it and those that went along, I have never heard of any such thing. I always thought that the games WERE the open house in themselves, kids that are zoned to Riverdale who play sports will get their open house when they reach high school. What need is there to convince young players who are already supposed "Future Lady Warriors" that Riverdale is great and good when they are going to be going there anyways due to zoning? That whole thing sounds like a joke to me, bad idea, face it. Riverdale man you made a good point, but it only further implicates, if the kid doesn't want to play basketball they aren't going to have an interest in seeing the locker room, training room, or any other room having to do with sports. This implies that those interested were saught out by the coaches etc, which is the problem here. Maybe it would have been different had ALL of the zoned middle school TEAMS been invited to a particular game( This I have heard of). Evidently it was more individualized than that, hence the infraction. Honestly waaay back when I was in junior high, I wanted to play basketball for my high school already, seeing the locker room or not wouldn't have changed that because I already wanted to play...

On the other hand, it is too bad that the players under this umbrella of leadership will suffer based on not one, but several bad judgement calls. Best of luck to the team in the future. Remember, CHARACTER is what you do when no one is watching..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

actually the problem came about because of the word "all" instead of zoned ...i remeber when i was in 8th grade i went to Gallatin Jr high school and i played football there we went to the high school and viewed the facilites and RIVERDALE has had middle school day as long as i can remeber when my JR was in middle school he got to go to it as well he chose not to play high school basketball but he still went (played in middle school)...this wasnt a convencing these girls to go to RIVERDALE it was just showing the facilities at the high school

The two Catholic high schools in the Nashville Diocese do not send any flyers to any middle public school. Does that answer your question? I thought public-private issues were supposed to be on the public-private forum. I am surprised that someone who is always citing the rules to everyone would post this response. There is no such thing as all private, distinctions must be made. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you would like to see a copy of the hotel confirmation, I would be glad to send it to you. Just need to send me an email address at your earliest convenience. I will be happy to provide you with a full report.

Just because Mr. Carter didn't rule on these facts, they still took place. You're right, I too hate it for the girls who didn't ask for this mess. It's going to be pretty tough for them to get focused in tourney play.

I do not need it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" If you gave it Ronnie Carter this info he must not have thought it had anything to do with what happen. If you gave it to The school board they must not have thought much of it either. So the info is not important. If they had truly hammer Riverdale they would not be able to play in post season. They got what they got. Its over unless you plan to take it on some more. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> But saying stuff on Coacht does make it fact. and we can not make any rulings on here. I do not see them having a tough time focusing on tournament play because they could circle the wagon and say its us agianst the world and win it all. When your talking about youg ladies you really never know what your going to get at this age. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ok Riverdale man I said I wouldn't but I'm gonna address this. Hicotton may have some sort of receipts because he is the root of the problem. If you think it was unethical for your daughter to spend the night somewhere why did you let her go? Says something about your parenting I would not let my child go somewhere or do something that I felt was unethical. Also CH never recruited your daughter, you live under this impression as if your daughter is good enough to be recruited, I have seen her play she couldn't be recruited to a good rec team. So she gets hurt can't return, and when she does whines that her foot still hurts and can't play, I don't know any coach that allows players to play in games when they can't cut the mustard in practice. You get mad at the coach and she quits and yes that is being a quiter (just so you know many injured players stay on the team while they recover because they are TEAM players) as yours is not. So you cry recruiting violation, meanwhile you stock CM house, admitted to driving by her house to see who's car is in her driveway, and now your daughter is at BLACKMAN - did they recruit her? Oh thats right you have made her high school years so nice by stirring all this that you claim she is being harrassed (imagine that!) Perhaps I'll send a letter to TSSAA and get that looked into. You are one sick puppy. Sorry folks this is personal when one person sets out to have a coach fired because their daughter is not good enough to play it becomes personal for all us other parents that support CM and what a great coach and mentor she is to our daughters. The flier was in error, anyone that knows anything about CM knows that there was Never any intent there. TSSAA has given their harsh ruling and she accepts that so move on. Glad to see HICotton gone from Riverdale but apparently he is not yet done with his nonsense.

"All" vs. "zoned", ...depends on what the definition of "is" is...... What's done is done. Maybe it's because I give all the benefit of the doubt, but I don't believe the intent was to recruit out-of-zone 13 year old kids into the basketball program. I think it was to recruit in-zone 13 year old kids into looking at the athletic program.

Some of these 13 year old kids believe that they are going to be boiled and eaten alive when they leave the comfort of their small middle school and move to a bigger school. In their eyes, they are being thrown into the midst of men and women that have cars, jobs, you name it. I have always seen these events as something that takes something the child loves, presents it as a place where they can fit in outside of the halls that are thronged with these scary men and women. Will all make the team and be the star athlete? Of course not. Might you have a kid that becomes a manager and has a place to fit? More likely. Will that kid focus a little harder on school work because they want remain a part of this new found community? I believe so. So now you have seen the soft, gooey side of KeeperFan.

Bad judgement?, maybe. Good heart, I choose to believe so.

My favorite line from Secondhand Lions.

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."