Hampton Basketball Where Is It Headed?

DrEnuf

Don't believe there is a coaching change in the works, at least haven't heard. White is in a lot of pain with his back though. Don't really see how he can stand much more. You really need to get in there and show the younger boys different moves and how to post up, but don't really see how he is able.

Coach White may not be able to get in there and show them what to do, but that is why i thought you had assistants? I think coach White and his assistants has done a fine job with the kids. I mean they did win the conferance!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great performance from the dawgs tonight. Logan Andrews played really well tonight and if he continues to provide that inside presence we are going to be very difficult to beat. I think we showed that we are a much better team than the crew from the creek. We played a horrible first half and Unaka got every single call they could have possibly gotten. Those horrible calls stopped our momentum and if those things didn??™t occur I think we would have run the Rangers right out of the gym. I think the coaches and players deserve a lot of credit for their performance tonight. This was a big confidence booster heading into the district championship game and the regional tournament.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

If not for the Herb and the other refs, Hampton wins this game by 30...

Logan Andrews performance tonight in one word: DOMINATION!!! He completely contolled the paint. I'd say he had 10 or 12 points, around 10 rebounds (I counted 6 offensive rebounds) and at least 5 or 6 assists. He simply carried the Dawgs in the first half when the Hampton guards couldn't seem to find their shot. His no-look/behind-the-back pass at the foul line to the cutting Ward was purty nasty. When he got the ball in the paint, it seemed like he scored every time or dished it off to the open man. Great vision for a post player. If he continues to play like this: HELLO MURFEESBORO!!!

If not for the Herb and the other refs, Hampton wins this game by 30...

Logan Andrews performance tonight in one word: DOMINATION!!! He completely contolled the paint. I'd say he had 10 or 12 points, around 10 rebounds (I counted 6 offensive rebounds) and at least 5 or 6 assists. He simply carried the Dawgs in the first half when the Hampton guards couldn't seem to find their shot. His no-look/behind-the-back pass at the foul line to the cutting Ward was purty nasty. When he got the ball in the paint, it seemed like he scored every time or dished it off to the open man. Great vision for a post player. If he continues to play like this: HELLO MURFEESBORO!!!

Because they don't have anyone who can guard Ward so they gambled trying to help out in the middle.

unaka should have been up by 9 at halftime but took stupid shots instead of holding the ball for one.

I wouldn't make reservations just yet. hampton got exposed tonight in the first half and a good team would have made them pay. unaka had trouble with the 1-3-1 but Hampton couldn't guard grandma playing man-to-man

Because they don't have anyone who can guard Ward so they gambled trying to help out in the middle.

unaka should have been up by 9 at halftime but took stupid shots instead of holding the ball for one.

I wouldn't make reservations just yet. hampton got exposed tonight in the first half and a good team would have made them pay. unaka had trouble with the 1-3-1 but Hampton couldn't guard grandma playing man-to-man

it didnt look like unaka had anyone who could guard hughes lipford or andrews either. but your right it might be different when hampton plays a good team

Hampton lacking in the man D department is no new discovery. No great mysteries got exposed in the game. Unaka's shots were falling and Hamptons' shots weren't. I try not to make a big deal about the refs in any game but those refs may have been the worst I can remember watching in a long time and basically kept Unaka close ,but eventually the better team started hitting shots and pulled away. You are partially right. If Hill would have been in the game we would have been down by 9+ at halftime. Big Logan kept us in it and kept them about as fired up as they could have been to be playing so bad.

I wonder where kuriousgeorge is with his 3 step replies? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I want to congratulate Hampton on quelling the threat of the return of the creekers. I thought it was kind of funny to start a topic about the return of the creek. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Everone who is realistic knows that this is the era of the big blue. Just like Vader said, we control Carter County and we rule the world of sports in Carter County. So whether you like it or not, learn to love it!!!! Because we're going to be here for a long, loooonggggg!! Time!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

AAAAhhhhhhhh!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was not in attendance last night but I heard Unaka held their own for a half leading at 9 by one point. But I guess the main thing we have struggled with all year is protecting a lead down the stretch of the 3rd and 4th quarter.

But the important thing is it's something to build off of and Unaka will still play in the Regional's. Hopefully we will bounce back and feed off last nights game and catch fire come regionals.

Hats off to Hampton and Cloudland on their wins last night though good luck in the championship to both teams.

Coach RC

I was not in attendance last night but I heard Unaka held their own for a half leading at 9 by one point. But I guess the main thing we have struggled with all year is protecting a lead down the stretch of the 3rd and 4th quarter.

But the important thing is it's something to build off of and Unaka will still play in the Regional's. Hopefully we will bounce back and feed off last nights game and catch fire come regionals.

Hats off to Hampton and Cloudland on their wins last night though good luck in the championship to both teams.

Coach RC

The first half was hard fought. It seemed like Unaka was hitting everything. Andrews and Lipford made some big plays just to keep Dawgs in striking distance. When Ward and Hughes finally found their shot at the start of the 3rd quarter, the game was over...

Hampton lacking in the man D department is no new discovery. No great mysteries got exposed in the game. Unaka's shots were falling and Hamptons' shots weren't. I try not to make a big deal about the refs in any game but those refs may have been the worst I can remember watching in a long time and basically kept Unaka close ,but eventually the better team started hitting shots and pulled away. You are partially right. If Hill would have been in the game we would have been down by 9+ at halftime. Big Logan kept us in it and kept them about as fired up as they could have been to be playing so bad.

Down the road, Hampton's zone will not be able to beat Grace. I know that's a ways off but that's where the road to the Boro goes through. Grace is too good beyond the arc and on the fast break for a zone to work. If you don't have two guys knowing where Pridemore and Slusher are at all times, they will make you pay. Looking forward to seeing the matchups. Good luck