Hampton Basketball Where Is It Headed?

DrEnuf

Down the road, Hampton's zone will not be able to beat Grace. I know that's a ways off but that's where the road to the Boro goes through. Grace is too good beyond the arc and on the fast break for a zone to work. If you don't have two guys knowing where Pridemore and Slusher are at all times, they will make you pay. Looking forward to seeing the matchups. Good luck

Hampton is working on the man D. So hopefully they will put it together in time to compete with teams with shooters like that. I too am anxious to see the matchups.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton has yet to beat a good opponent yet this year. When they have to face an opponent more athletic and can defend and shoot the basketball like Unicoi or Johnson County, Hampton becomes exposed and as you can tell by their previous scores against those 2 opponents Hampton doesn't matchup at all.

I can see Hampton struggling against both Grace and Oliver Springs.

Down the road, Hampton's zone will not be able to beat Grace. I know that's a ways off but that's where the road to the Boro goes through. Grace is too good beyond the arc and on the fast break for a zone to work. If you don't have two guys knowing where Pridemore and Slusher are at all times, they will make you pay. Looking forward to seeing the matchups. Good luck

Well actually, the road to Murfeesboro does not go through Grace. Everyone up here knows that going to Grace and getting a win this year is near impossible. The Dawgs are hoping to win the Regional Championship and get a home sub-state game against either Oliver Springs, Rockwood, or Wartburg. All 3 of those teams Hampton can beat. To me, the biggest matchup problem for Hampton against Grace would be with the 6-6 Williams on the inside rather than Slusher or Pridemore. I would much rather take my chances with Pridemore and Slusher on the perimeter than with Williams shooting layups. Whichever team from Region 1 that has to travel to Grace will probably not have the size, strength, or enough fouls to contain Williams or the 6-6 Slusher if he chooses to go into the paint...

Hampton has yet to beat a good opponent yet this year. When they have to face an opponent more athletic and can defend and shoot the basketball like Unicoi or Johnson County, Hampton becomes exposed and as you can tell by their previous scores against those 2 opponents Hampton doesn't matchup at all.

I can see Hampton struggling against both Grace and Oliver Springs[/url].

HAHA the 2 teams you named are the best 2 AA teams this side of Knoxville. I agree with you about Grace. The Dawgs would definitely struggle especially since Grace beat Johnson Co. But I will have to disagree with you about Oliver Springs. I think them and Hampton are on about the same level although I think the Dawgs are a little better. If Hampton has to play Oliver Springs, it would more than likely be at Vanhusss-White gymnasium which would give Hampton a big advantage. And you might want to look at Oliver Springs body of work before you start saying Hampton hasn't beat any good teams...

Hold on there friend. Personally, I would take Rutledge over Erwin or Johnson County any day of the week... And they flubbed up and lost last night, so they will be coming to this neck of the woods on Saturday.

Wait a second buddy. They are actually called the Grainger County McBee's and I forgot about them for some reason. I hope to see him with the Vols next year...

Wait a second buddy. They are actually called the Grainger County McBee's and I forgot about them for some reason. I hope to see him with the Vols next year...

Vader, you ain't makin' friends with this little creeker waterboy are you? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

haha, nah I haven't completely lost the ol' mind yet...

Just remember, he's one of them boys who will walk around with his hand in your pocket if you let'em! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just remember, he's one of them boys who will walk around with his hand in your pocket if you let'em! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And you're one of them boys who will steal a little girl from the cradle if they let ya! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well actually, the road to Murfeesboro does not go through Grace. Everyone up here knows that going to Grace and getting a win this year is near impossible. The Dawgs are hoping to win the Regional Championship and get a home sub-state game against either Oliver Springs, Rockwood, or Wartburg. All 3 of those teams Hampton can beat. To me, the biggest matchup problem for Hampton against Grace would be with the 6-6 Williams on the inside rather than Slusher or Pridemore. I would much rather take my chances with Pridemore and Slusher on the perimeter than with Williams shooting layups. Whichever team from Region 1 that has to travel to Grace will probably not have the size, strength, or enough fouls to contain Williams or the 6-6 Slusher if he chooses to go into the paint...

Vader you will love this tidbit. Williams has been shipped off to a boys school until next year, but somehow Grace brings in a transfer from Jacksonville, Fla. He's 6/2 200 and can shoot the three. Nowhere near the size of Williams, but an overall better basketball player. Isn't that convenient!