District 1A

ng_athlete

Guys!! I have seen District 1 teams all year. I am making the call. LOL. Like it means anything. Peters is tough. Unaka will win!!! Maybe 8 or 9 to 6 . I have to think that NG can not play at this level if they can't hit Peterson (Not taking anything away from Peterson, he'll get a scholarship someday.) They might have a chance on a night where defense plays super great, but Coalfield hits pretty well. I think Coalfield wins maybe 7 to 2 or maybe a little more. I'm sure they tried to prepare and are eager to make school history? I don't know if NG has ever been to a state tourney? Someone help me with that?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big time performance today by Jeff Peters on the mound he pitched one heck of a game. Hit his spots really well threw his breaking ball for strikes and stayed ahead in the count. Offensively Unaka was big down the stretch seemed as if everyone 1-9 took pride at the plate today in hitting.

We will have to play a little sharper on the defensive end in order to have a shot down at the boro but all in all hats off to these guys for coming on strong down the stretch of the last 7 or 8 games they are really playing well together and I hope that these guys continue to play well next week.

Coach RC

Big time performance today by Jeff Peters on the mound he pitched one heck of a game. Hit his spots really well threw his breaking ball for strikes and stayed ahead in the count. Offensively Unaka was big down the stretch seemed as if everyone 1-9 took pride at the plate today in hitting.

We will have to play a little sharper on the defensive end in order to have a shot down at the boro but all in all hats off to these guys for coming on strong down the stretch of the last 7 or 8 games they are really playing well together and I hope that these guys continue to play well next week.

Coach RC

Great job Rangers you have made us proud. Jeff Peters pitched a great and Jordan Taylor hit a mamouth homerun that gave the Rangers the big mo. Drew Chambers also hit a shot and Dustin Taylor had a big two rbi double.This team has has different people step up all year and this game was not any different. Thank's also to the coaching staff who has done a very good job on many fronts. Good luck and be proud to be a Ranger!

Coalfield beats North Green 10-5

Unaka beats Wartburg 9-2(i think)

Good luck to both Unaka and Coalfield in murfesboro hopefully they can do some damage!

Good job Rangers. I got the scoop from Coalfield. Thu Huskies had a rough couple innings giving up four runs. According to several people I talked to the strikezones were wildly different. Hopson was very frustrated. In the second inning Mallicoat hit a double and was called out for missing first. One of the parents said the first base coach just held his arms up in the air. His comment was Mallicoat tripped on the bag, so the play looked weird and he called him out. In the third inning Hopson collided with a fielder making a play in the 1st base line and gets ejected....Game over! Later in the game during the sixth Schlotman gets called out on a steal at second with the fielder not touching him. One game earlier Rockwood coach gets confined to the bench so its definitely a place that players and fans get into your heads. The Huskies let it. They out hit Caolfield but didn't quit. Congrats to Coach Shelton and the Huskies on a great season. Guys, I never bashed Caolfield here, this is a post on District 1, so all I can say is Congrats to Coafield good job. Don't come on the D1 post and start running your mouth like you did toward Rockwood. You got a state tourney to go to. I would petition TSSAA to see if those umps could go with you.

Thats a shame to hear about North Greene, but one might expect that at Coalfield. Its just part of the game...

But the Brackets are out, and I honestly like the chances of Unaka winning a game or two.

Looking at games and scores across the state, I do to. Ensor always does a great job. He has depth at the hump and the bats are very capable. Good Luck make Region and District 1 proud.

no mouth running from coalfield. it happened just like coalfield planned it. the first base ump was the coalfield coaches brother. the second base umpire was a brotherinlaw of the assistant coach. and the ump behind the plate was saved from drowning by coalfields pitcher about a year ago. oh yeh coalfields players and fans brainwashed the pitcher into lowering his shoulder on the first baseman from coalfield while he was camped out under a fly ball. and the umpires called tssaa and made up the ejection rule and had it passed right after the play just so coalfield could win. while were at it we should go ahead and blame coalfields mound for getting into the pitchers head aswell because thats all he complained about the firts 3 innings of the game.

no mouth running from coalfield. it happened just like coalfield planned it. the first base ump was the coalfield coaches brother. the second base umpire was a brotherinlaw of the assistant coach. and the ump behind the plate was saved from drowning by coalfields pitcher about a year ago. oh yeh coalfields players and fans brainwashed the pitcher into lowering his shoulder on the first baseman from coalfield while he was camped out under a fly ball. and the umpires called tssaa and made up the ejection rule and had it passed right after the play just so coalfield could win. while were at it we should go ahead and blame coalfields mound for getting into the pitchers head aswell because thats all he complained about the firts 3 innings of the game.

I think the key thing here is Coalfield allowed NG to score 5 runs. And according to some reports, NG out hit them too... Not a good sign for the Yellow Jackets...

i will agree that coalfield might be a little outmanned in the boro becase they have played great ball through the postseason without the talent that they are used to. but those players at coalfield have played with there backs against the wall all season and seem to always find a way to get it done. as far as hits go i think ng had 1 more hit than coalfield did. ng also had an extra at bat also. its also hard to hit when you dont get strikes to hit. i would also say that it was probably coalfields worst played game of the postseason. i may be wrong but i think ng had 1 earned run. anyway ng had a great year should be somthing to build on.