District 1A

ng_athlete

UH beat Cloudland 9-0 today. So Unaka will play UH. THis first Game between Hampton and NG will be a good one. I believe that if they play a second game, NG has a little better backup pitching with a tough Hopson kid who can throw more than 7 and then Miller who beat Hancock, Mallicoat and Britton have also thrown. If Hampton goes to No. two Scalf and then with ???? number three, it gets tough. I think if NG can win the first game they will get in. If they lose the first one, they may be in trouble. Both are motivated because they have not been number two in a few years. Will be a fun tourney. I think Unaka is a lock. First round against UH should be a 5 inning game.

i think that if NG pitches Hopson, which they prob will.. Hampton will have a tough time hitting him

but if NG dont hit the ball then hampton will take the W. but itll b a close game..

Unaka shud beat UH.. but i dont think itll b 5 innings.. UH is still a pretty tough team even tho they r 4th..

they mite pitch vicars again.. im not sure

but we will c how everything shapes out..

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are able to get the first round games in this evening, it is IMPERATIVE that Unaka comes to play with their "A" game. Because I am not sure what the rules are, but if they are only able to get these first round games in, and it rain the rest of the week, I believe they take the two teams in the winners bracket to the Regional round next week. So I believe the Rangers need to treat tonights game as a MUST win game.

Yes, I think. Help us out Huskies faithful and Coach Shelton. Didn't he go to somehwere in Nashville to play?

Jacoby Adams is going to Free Will Baptist Bible College in Nashville and is getting playing time as a Freshman. I don't know their season record but it was mediocre. In tournament play, they got on a hot streak and finished 2nd in their tourney I think. Jacoby told me the other day he went 19 for 23 in the tournament and all I could say was wow. He is doing well, but we all wish he was playing a little closer lol.

Looks like rain again today, our tournament is beginning to look questionable?? It's still on for tonight as of right now though. Hampton vs NG at 7:00 and UH vs Unaka at 4:30.

Jacoby Adams is going to Free Will Baptist Bible College in Nashville and is getting playing time as a Freshman. I don't know their season record but it was mediocre. In tournament play, they got on a hot streak and finished 2nd in their tourney I think. Jacoby told me the other day he went 19 for 23 in the tournament and all I could say was wow. He is doing well, but we all wish he was playing a little closer lol.

Looks like rain again today, our tournament is beginning to look questionable?? It's still on for tonight as of right now though. Hampton vs NG at 7:00 and UH vs Unaka at 4:30.

what happens if the tournament cant be played? do they take # 1 and # 2 from the regular season to regionals or what..

what happens if the tournament cant be played? do they take # 1 and # 2 from the regular season to regionals or what..

If there hasn't been a gaem played, yes the take the top two from regular season standings. Thats what happend in '03. I don't know if the play-in game already being played affcts it or not...

But in '03, it was clear cut. Unaka swept UH, NG, and Cloudland. And UH swept NG and Cloudland. So the two best teams were clear cut. But this year, NG, UH, and Hampton have all beat each other, havent they?? That might cause some contraversy if it comes down to taking the top 2 from regular season.

If there hasn't been a gaem played, yes the take the top two from regular season standings. Thats what happend in '03. I don't know if the play-in game already being played affcts it or not...

But in '03, it was clear cut. Unaka swept UH, NG, and Cloudland. And UH swept NG and Cloudland. So the two best teams were clear cut. But this year, NG, UH, and Hampton have all beat each other, havent they?? That might cause some contraversy if it comes down to taking the top 2 from regular season.

Ng swept UH and hampton split with them... erases controversy