Warren County

14pioneers

I think it's time to take a hard look at our program here at Warren County and this comment is aimed at those who are in charge of athletics at the School. Let's take a look at our record this year. ( 5 wins 22 losses). Of the five wins we did achieve , they were against teams with a combined record of (16 wins and 76 losses) . Two wins came against Dekalb County (5-22) , we beat Maplewood (2-17), we beat Gallatin (2-22) and we beat Carter (7-15). We lost every district game we played and were not even competitive in most of them. Please, Please, do not think for one minute, I am blaming our season on the young ladies that so proudly wear our uniforms. We WERE A YOUNG TEAM, but my question, is WHY are we ALWAYS a YOUNG TEAM ????? Where is the Senior class in any year of Coach Eades tenure ???? This year's record mirrows past years teams, and it will not get better with time. This coach has had well over a decade to try and prove to everybody that she is a legitimate High School Coach during her two stints as Coach at Warren County. Enough is Enough People. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!

Although I agree with some of your points, I've got one BIG question for all of you: Who ya gonna get if she does step down? Do you think top coaches are knocking down the School Board's door to get applications? Either way, I think it will be interesting to watch, just don't get your hopes so high that no one, Eades or any other future coach, can live up to them.

Although I agree with some of your points, I've got one BIG question for all of you: Who ya gonna get if she does step down? Do you think top coaches are knocking down the School Board's door to get applications? Either way, I think it will be interesting to watch, just don't get your hopes so high that no one, Eades or any other future coach, can live up to them.

Irving College, whether anything is done or not or whether Coach Eades continues or not, Hopes are what life is built on. It remains for each of us to help each other to live up to them. It appears,in this whole situation, where is the unity or the hopes to be the best it can be. That is the second part of hopes. Its hoped that a good Open SB meeting be held with the Principal, AD and Coaches and they lay out the plans of where they are going and any problems and it be done every school year. Let those interested show up and if no one shows, and the SBM thinks everything is all right, thats it. For three years this has been discussed on here. Hopefully it has provided better attendance if nothing else. Good Luck to the fine people of Warren county. It's evidentyou do many things quite well. Good Luck in the future.

This problem with WC basketball is so much deeper than the headcoaches of the highschool teams. I watched the county tournament this past month those four glorious days. What a debacle. No sound fundamental teaching. Girls and Guys just playing with no rhyme or reason. Shooting technique in the county is horrendous. Dribbling equally as bad. What about a uniform program that helps the highschool instead of hurting it. One family trying to take over the reigns from another family is what this is about this year. What about some people that actually know the game of basketball actually teaching it. You wouldnt let your children be taught math by a teacher who couldnt add so why does this county let coaches coach at a very young level who are just not that good at it. There isnt 5 qualified people coaching basketball in this county at any level. Anyone who comes in to WC and coaches will want control of the program. They wont get it. They wont come or they will leave. Control isnt what happens 9-12 grades. Control is what happens k-12 grades. Nobody has control of that with the basketball program. Dont believe me go watch what goes on in the county next year. Hargis nice philosophical speech.

This problem with WC basketball is so much deeper than the headcoaches of the highschool teams. I watched the county tournament this past month those four glorious days. What a debacle. No sound fundamental teaching. Girls and Guys just playing with no rhyme or reason. Shooting technique in the county is horrendous. Dribbling equally as bad. What about a uniform program that helps the highschool instead of hurting it. One family trying to take over the reigns from another family is what this is about this year. What about some people that actually know the game of basketball actually teaching it. You wouldnt let your children be taught math by a teacher who couldnt add so why does this county let coaches coach at a very young level who are just not that good at it. There isnt 5 qualified people coaching basketball in this county at any level. Anyone who comes in to WC and coaches will want control of the program. They wont get it. They wont come or they will leave. Control isnt what happens 9-12 grades. Control is what happens k-12 grades. Nobody has control of that with the basketball program. Dont believe me go watch what goes on in the county next year. Hargis nice philosophical speech.

I say to you very respectfully and nice as I can, and agreeable with everything your say, Is there a problem, who is going to be responsible at addressing it, when will it start, and what is the plan? All of this Talk without action is making the Concerned People about this issue look as if there are no decisive people in Warren County and I, for one, know that is not the case. This is not a case of who is going to coach, this is a case of who has got the reasonable plan and then the "Powers to Be" HAVE GOT TO DECIDE WHO IS BIG ENOUGH TO HANDLE IT. Personally everyone is coming across that there is not a problem or there is no one decisive enough to address it and that includes everyone. For goodness sake make a decision not to do anything if that is what you need to do or make a decision, one way or another, whats best for your county. It's been talked about enough and what you've just posted has been said the last three years, at least 20 times. Who so going to put together a concensus with the Director of Schools help, to help make a decision.