District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

Coach Decker has more than proved herself as a Basketball Coach. I would say she has taken more teams to the state tournament than anyone coaching in 13aa. Except David Russell. I'm sorry but McCord will never get the respect of his peers when he is winning with players that are not from Dyer Co. Like it or not, that is the truth!

Dyersburg boys coach is a Woman? I haven't seen them play, and don't get me wrong I am not at all implying she couldn't do a good job, I'm just simply curious if that's what you guys are talking about....

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine if OC had won the district championship 3 yrs in a row and their coach was not recognized there would be quite a bit of posting going on...don't you???? Doubt it would be all light and love filled /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I didn't lose any sleep over it, cry or anything of the sort...like it or not the man can coach.....geez you oughta know how it goes considering the trashing Sisco gets....same deal....like him or not, he can coach too.

If OC would have won the district 3 years in a row and Kail didn't win COY, but they made it to State and competed every year and possibly a State Championship...I wouldn't be too upset.....Like you said, McCord won't lose any sleep over not winning it...He's got alot other fish to fry than worry about a 13AA COY award....I'm sure if DC can get to State again, and maybe win it....McCord will definitely take it all back so he can have the COY award...right?

If OC would have won the district 3 years in a row and Kail didn't win COY, but they made it to State and competed every year and possibly a State Championship...I wouldn't be too upset.....Like you said, McCord won't lose any sleep over not winning it...He's got alot other fish to fry than worry about a 13AA COY award....I'm sure if DC can get to State again, and maybe win it....McCord will definitely take it all back so he can have the COY award...right?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Mmm hmmm..yeah right...give it all away for that COY award /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Bottom line....don't have to be ummmm POPULAR to be a good coach. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You are right....bigger things to worry about.

Take all the state titles, championships, the Gold Ball, and all the works that go with it-- it's not about that --

IT's ALL ABOUT THE COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> That's what everyone plays for !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Coach Decker has more than proved herself as a Basketball Coach. I would say she has taken more teams to the state tournament than anyone coaching in 13aa. Except David Russell. I'm sorry but McCord will never get the respect of his peers when he is winning with players that are not from Dyer Co. Like it or not, that is the truth!

Your screen name says alot. You are FROM WHERE?????????? Love it when people get on here AND do not say where they are from.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Mmm hmmm..yeah right...give it all away for that COY award /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Bottom line....don't have to be ummmm POPULAR to be a good coach. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You are right....bigger things to worry about.

If he gets the gold ball, that would just PROVE that he should have been COY!!! and Westview will be sitting at home or in the stands watching and saying that team beat us 4 times and all we got was this COY award! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Take all the state titles, championships, the Gold Ball, and all the works that go with it-- it's not about that --

IT's ALL ABOUT THE COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> That's what everyone plays for !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

HAHA good stuff /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your screen name says alot. You are FROM WHERE?????????? Love it when people get on here AND do not say where they are from.

Your right my screen name does say a lot. Because I have to be stupid to be on here having a conversation with professional Coach Ter's like yourself. I do know Coach Decker though, and I do know she has proven herself as a coach. I also know why your coach didn't get COY. Because the other coaches didn't vote for him. But remember I'm not very smart.

Coach of the year is an irrelevant award. All that matters is the result at the end of the last game. It's a nice recognition, but has little to do with the actual coaching job anyone does. As far as 13AA, McCord did a good job, he had the best players, the best team, and did what he was supposed to do in those circumstances. As far as COY goes, it's voted on by the other coaches, making it something of a popularity contest. Fair or not, he isn't well liked or respected by the other coaches in the district for what ever reasons. That's a harsh statement, but not speculation. That said, congratulations to all 13AA teams moving forward, and good luck.

whoever is saying coach decker should have got the COY is absolutly crazy what was thir record agian? They have talent and they compete just like every other team! I believe the COY goes to how well they play that year not the past years and exspecially not with another team! She may have the potential to be a good coach but with the talent dyersburg carries year in year out she has to prove her self elegible for the COY...And until she does i say we all leave it at that.

The westview coach has already won it (even though everyone knows McCord should have) dissagree or not its over with we cant change it. all you can say is congrats.

Your right my screen name does say a lot. Because I have to be stupid to be on here having a conversation with professional Coach Ter's like yourself. I do know Coach Decker though, and I do know she has proven herself as a coach. I also know why your coach didn't get COY. Because the other coaches didn't vote for him. But remember I'm not very smart.

Still didn't answer my question. Where are you from?