Best individuals of out DI and DII

YoungWrestler1995

The only points Proctor would score would be if escape points. He would not be able to take Marchetti down. I also think Ridenour would beat Cash.

MWR...your purple is showing. Cash is the best wrestler in the state this year (bar none) just like Mang was in 2007-2008. If you don't believe, let's watch and see what the college recruiters say. I like Marchetti, great kid and wrestler, but Cash won the match this year at the Father Ryan Invitiational. Not to mention, Cash pinned TJ Duncan at the duals and beat Austell. How many state champions does he have to beat before you will give some respect? Cash will end up NCAA DI and has the potential to be another AA in the future.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103: Mosely DII

112: Watson DII

119: Baucke DII

125: Doster DII

130: Hayes DII

135: Graham DI

140: TJ Duncan DII

145: Hayes DII

152: Justin Cash DII

160: Marchetti DII

171: Young DI

189: Croy DI

215: White DI

HWT: Carrethers DII

This will hurt some DI fans egos...but this year in the lower weight classes it was one-sided. We'll see which of the champions get NCAA scholarships and where. Also there will be a chance to compare placement at the Senior and Junior nationals

You guys dont give D1 the credit it deserves personally D1 i think is way tougher with alot better competition

Well 2blLeg, its ok for people to be biased towards his/her favorite division. However, my take on it was Teamwise, Bradley and Baylor were by far the best two teams (despite Ryan's victory in the traditional) in the state of Tennessee. But behind Bradley in D-I.... who was that great? Soddy had a down year... it just seemed like there were various mediocre teams, and Bradley skyrcketed above the rest. As far as individuals go, I truly believe (although D-I has a more variety of tough wrestlers than D-II) D-II seemed to have the BETTER wrestler in most of the weight classes. There is my unbiased opinion.

WAY TOUGHER?

Care to explain that?

Better programs more competition more schools harder state tournaments i mean there are a couple really good D2 programs besides Baylor being an absoulute Power House D1 is just more superior in my opinion but again that is my opinion so dont go getting all upset off at me because i know other ppl feel different

Better programs more competition more schools harder state tournaments i mean there are a couple really good D2 programs besides Baylor being an absoulute Power House D1 is just more superior in my opinion but again that is my opinion so dont go getting all upset off at me because i know other ppl feel different

FIRST, More does not equal better. Just means there are more. And in a big tournament, more just means more, not more better wrestlers.

Second, break down the top 3 in both divisions, and I think you will find that DII will win it's share of those matches. I'm sure some of the experts (like ghouse) would be glad to give you a breakdown on how it would go.

Let's get it back to how TSSAA use to do it. Lets see who the best wrestler really is; other than just talk about and rejoin Div I and Div II for the the Traditional State Tournament. Let the state duals stay seperated. But let there be 14 people in the state of Tennessee to be able to say they are the true state champion. Instead of letting all of the nay sayers say DI is better; no DII is better. Let's find out in real life who the best is.

FIRST, More does not equal better. Just means there are more. And in a big tournament, more just means more, not more better wrestlers.

Second, break down the top 3 in both divisions, and I think you will find that DII will win it's share of those matches. I'm sure some of the experts (like ghouse) would be glad to give you a breakdown on how it would go.

By share do you mean 4% or 70%. I could give you 5 pretty good example on why I think the Mans Division is better, but I swore that I would not get involved in a peeing contest when I am clearly the best pee-er.

Are only the top three good wrestlers in your Div? I would think that credit should be given to all who placed, cause I know of one JV rassler who got a 4th and is proud of his accomplishment.

GHouse an EXPERT?????????

Hey Hamm, why don't you tell the board who happen to win the 160 units of fun on the State finals Pick'em board.

Let's get it back to how TSSAA use to do it. Lets see who the best wrestler really is; other than just talk about and rejoin Div I and Div II for the the Traditional State Tournament. Let the state duals stay seperated. But let there be 14 people in the state of Tennessee to be able to say they are the true state champion. Instead of letting all of the nay sayers say DI is better; no DII is better. Let's find out in real life who the best is.

understand, I am a D1 guy at heart, but I totally agree... or if you want to keep them divided- cool.. have a D1 champ and a D2 champ... THEN why not have an overall winner (D1 vs D2 at each weight class)??? I know TSSAA would probably never go for it, but wouldn't that make this guessing game so much easier? (Again, that is why TSSAA would not go for it, apparently easier is not better LOL)

By share do you mean 4% or 70%. I could give you 5 pretty good example on why I think the Mans Division is better, but I swore that I would not get involved in a peeing contest when I am clearly the best pee-er.

Are only the top three good wrestlers in your Div? I would think that credit should be given to all who placed, cause I know of one JV rassler who got a 4th and is proud of his accomplishment.

GHouse an EXPERT?????????

Hey Hamm, why don't you tell the board who happen to win the 160 units of fun on the State finals Pick'em board.

No, more than 1/2. Does that help?

Glad you are still peeing so well, and if I ever have a small enough fire I will be sure to call.

Placing in either division is something to be proud of, so I will never belittle a child about it. Nor would I call one division the lesser division (such as referring to one as the JV division)

No, more than 1/2. Does that help?

Glad you are still peeing so well, and if I ever have a small enough fire I will be sure to call.

Placing in either division is something to be proud of, so I will never belittle a child about it. Nor would I call one division the lesser division (such as referring to one as the JV division)

Just my little nickname for the DII.

More than Half???? Let me look over those brackets again, yep you're right.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Ghouse we kid cause we love. Hoop star is what little wants to be, although has a mighty fine forehand,