A few thoughts as the season comes to a close.

BayouBear

I??™ve found it??™s best to hold all comments until a few days after the State Tournament to make sure the brain has again regained control over the heart. Here are a few random thoughts about this season.

Whoever scheduled the Dixie Duals on the same weekend as the NCAA Tournament should have his head examined.

Many people I respect like Ronnie Carter and tell me I should too. It??™s really hard.

The State Tournament needs to be double elimination. The current DI format is very successful in determining the champion without regard to the accurate determination of the other 5 place winners. How fair it that? We place a lot of emphasis on who placed, where they placed and how many times? This sport is hard and wrestlers work and sacrifice more than most can imagine. Shouldn??™t we try to get the only method we have to reward these kids right?

I??™m a huge fan of any great wrestler who makes great grades. It??™s really hard to do.

I appreciate the Clarksville crew for the way the State Duals have been run the past 10 years. They will be a tough act to follow.

Jeff Jordan is really good coach and one of the nicest people I know.

Because of a few comments I made several weeks ago??¦..I closely watched every match TJ Duncan wrestled in the State Tournament this year. TJ is a stud.

Does Coach Steve Logsdon get the respect he deserves? I think not because he coaches the team everybody wants to beat.

Congratulations to Garrick Hall and his Hixson wrestlers.

The TSSAA Dead Period rules are stupid.

The DI 140 Champ dance was plain weird. Thank God, point at your fans and parents, jump on your coach, a few Tiger Woods fist pumps, even a backflip??¦.I??™m OK with all of those. But some spooky dance and the ???I am a God??? promenade around the mat is not what this sport is about. A young wrestler asked me, "what was that," after it happened. I told him I didn??™t know but if he ever did it, I would turn him over my knee and spank his rear.

Soddy people are good people.

The situation at 215 made my stomach hurt. I have witnessed thousands of wrestling matches and have seen pulling the headgear called only a few times and never more than once during a match. Please understand I??™m not saying I haven??™t seen wrestlers pull on an opponents head gear??¦I??™m saying it doesn??™t get called. Most refs don??™t call it unless it is flagrant or gives the ??

BB,

Great thoughts. Fans like you are appreciated just as much by the coaches and wrestlers as you appreciate the work done by others.

There are so many things on your list I agree with (and a few I don't) that it would take me too long to list them individual so I will say just one thing...

You're right.

I know Kole fairly well and he will talk to anybody. We looked down from the Sully East section

and he was in the fisrt Bradley Picture of what looked to be the Bradley family. He is a great

kid who is a 3.70+ GPA student and a pretty good actor in local and school plays.I believe

he has the role of Wilber in the up coming prodution of Charlottes Web. Most of all he has

never meet a stranger and he is very funny.

Yes Kole is as un-shy as they come... GREAT kid, and now a proven athlete (we all knew you had it in you Kole)... congrats to ALL the kids who stepped up and took home a small piece of history with them... as we "wrestlers" all know, once a wrestler always a wrestler (it just sticks with you more than any other sport)... good post Bayoubear

GREAT SEASON!!!

I wanted to add my.. Great Post BBear. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Being new to the wrestling boards and a wrestling fan in general this year I have learned a lot from all the posters....Ok well some of the posters.

What I have learned..

Bradley County as a whole rocks when it comes to HS wrestling.

Bradley will never wrestle Baylor. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Chattanooga area teams got screwed with the new district alignments.

Clarksville did a great job with the state duels. at least, I have made that trip.

Steve Henry always seems to say the right things. If I ever need a PR man he's my man.

Science Hill's girls are off to a great start, starting up their girls program....and it couldn't happen to better folks.

BCB makes me laugh...Hope to catch you at a girls kick ball game sometime /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

The Wrestling boards are more intense than than the soccer boards. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And Last...I have learned that every wrestler has earned my respect, whether your varsity, JV, or on the girls team. It is a sport that requires self discipline, sportsmanship, and a passion like no other sport.

MVM