Scott High School - Adding games to break a school record - Give your

star3

No, it is certainly not a personal attack. I have not once mentioned anything negative about Kate Lowe or anything to do with her.

The only people I have a problem with is the coaching staff and athletic department at the school. I have a problem with the only mission for the whole year being to break a record. I have a problem with the coaches admitting that the only reason for scheduling those games was to give her a chance to break the record. They did not schedule those games for tune ups. The teams were so bad it didn't help at all.

This whole thread was started to negate what Kate has done, so to say you are not doing anything negative just shows how foolish you are. A basketball team has the right to reschedule their ball games, when games get canceled they can make them up, and a lot of times those teams are not still available.

To say the team has one motive and that is to break a record is about the most ignorant statement I have heard.

Your lack of intelligence of basketball is apparent, and what you should really do is keep your idiotic opinions to yourself.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've even heard that someone has contacted Scott's opponents requesting copies of the score book so they could verify this record. That's getting ridiculous.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. It is a bit of a surprise considering the circumstances (that they have already announced it). I wonder how they do verify the points and how they know for sure. Only the home teams books are official, so in order to know positively, they would have to go through a lot of trouble. Is that not right?

Sometimes points are hard to verify because sometimes books seem to disappear, wether it be from disgruntled coaches or just misplacing.

I'm going to start off by saying I am a senior at Oneida High School, and more than likely anyone within Scott county could figure out who I am, but if people can't figure it out by my screen name then I will gladly say my real name if someone asks, because if someone doesn't have the courage to man up for what they say, then they should not be saying anything at all, even if it is praise.

Now...

I've known Kate since I was seven years old, and in my entire life I could not think of a person (male or female) who deserves a record like she set more than anyone else, not any scott high student I've ever known or any oneida student for that matter. For someone to get onto an internet message board and talk bad about a girl who has spent most of her life dedicating herself to her craft is a sad and pathetic thing to see, but I also know that it only means she has truly done something great.

If she had only been second, tell me, would you be on this board right now degrading her? And by degrading her coaching staff, her school, her schoolboard, and vicariously, her entire county, you degrade her. You may not think it, but that is how it comes off. I play sports as well, and when someone talks bad about my coach it reflected onto me. If someone talked bad about my school it made me want to play even harder because as a member of a team I represented that school, as I am sure almost any player of any game has felt something similar at one time or another.

All I really want to know is, what did you expect to gain by this? If your team had won a game against her and you were bragging, I could understand. If your team was the one she scored 40 on, I could understand. But from what I see you are just a poor, washed up player (or just player hater) that more than likely never made it outside the county lines. It's people like you that fuel people like Kate. I hope she reads this topic so that she can have one more person to think about when shes working for whichever college she chooses to go to, because you may have just helped make one of the best female players in the state of TN even better.

~P

I'm going to start off by saying I am a senior at Oneida High School, and more than likely anyone within Scott county could figure out who I am, but if people can't figure it out by my screen name then I will gladly say my real name if someone asks, because if someone doesn't have the courage to man up for what they say, then they should not be saying anything at all, even if it is praise.

Now...

I've known Kate since I was seven years old, and in my entire life I could not think of a person (male or female) who deserves a record like she set more than anyone else, not any scott high student I've ever known or any oneida student for that matter. For someone to get onto an internet message board and talk bad about a girl who has spent most of her life dedicating herself to her craft is a sad and pathetic thing to see, but I also know that it only means she has truly done something great.

If she had only been second, tell me, would you be on this board right now degrading her? And by degrading her coaching staff, her school, her schoolboard, and vicariously, her entire county, you degrade her. You may not think it, but that is how it comes off. I play sports as well, and when someone talks bad about my coach it reflected onto me. If someone talked bad about my school it made me want to play even harder because as a member of a team I represented that school, as I am sure almost any player of any game has felt something similar at one time or another.

All I really want to know is, what did you expect to gain by this? If your team had won a game against her and you were bragging, I could understand. If your team was the one she scored 40 on, I could understand. But from what I see you are just a poor, washed up player (or just player hater) that more than likely never made it outside the county lines. It's people like you that fuel people like Kate. I hope she reads this topic so that she can have one more person to think about when shes working for whichever college she chooses to go to, because you may have just helped make one of the best female players in the state of TN even better.

~P

In case you haven't noticed, "P", no one is saying anything negative about Kate Lowe personally at all. This is about the coaching staff and athletic department.

And yes, even if she were second, I would still be upset about the way the situation was handled. Even if the record weren't broken, it is the way they tried to do it.

So, P, before you go calling people jealous and "player haters", maybe you should understand what the argument is.

And, not to mention, this is not a debate on anyone's character; this is a debate on how a situation was handled (I thought we had already established that).

And, not to be rude, but I think that calling her one of the best players in the state is going a little far...maybe you should get "out of the county lines" a little more yourself. I am not saying that she's not a pretty good player, but one of the best in the state, no.

In case you haven't noticed, "P", no one is saying anything negative about Kate Lowe personally at all. This is about the coaching staff and athletic department.

And yes, even if she were second, I would still be upset about the way the situation was handled. Even if the record weren't broken, it is the way they tried to do it.

So, P, before you go calling people jealous and "player haters", maybe you should understand what the argument is.

And, not to mention, this is not a debate on anyone's character; this is a debate on how a situation was handled (I thought we had already established that).

And, not to be rude, but I think that calling her one of the best players in the state is going a little far...maybe you should get "out of the county lines" a little more yourself. I am not saying that she's not a pretty good player, but one of the best in the state, no.

You can rationalize your thoughts however you want, but I think we currently have 4 pages of posts and not a single person agrees with you. You are in the wrong, live with it, get over it. Give the girl credit for her accomplishment. Then ask yourself, would it have been fair to the girl for her to come up short because of snow. Once again, everyone reschedules games, you have no argument against the girl, the coach, the AD, or the administration.

DING DING DING DING JOHNNY WE HAVE A WINNER........

Star3. Come on Down, You have won the Showcase for most absurd Post of the Year.......

Lets tell her what she's won Johnny.......

--a copy of Bobby Knight's "How to be a Good Sporstman"

--a copy of Gloria Vanderbilt's "Good Manners"

--a copy of Joseph Blow's "How to know when Im being Ignorant".

AND THERE'S MORE........since you have single handedly kept this moronic thread going for more than a week, despite the fact that the team in question's season has long been over, and numerous people have shown you the error of your ways, yet you keep beating the same Dead Horse.............YOU GET A BONUS PRIZE.......

--Roy HedgeHog's best seller......"How to know when you are Irrelevant" which includes the introduction by his brother Ignert which tells you "How to know when nobody cares what you think before you make a fool out of yourself in public".

Congrats Star3. You are our Grand Prize Winner for the 2008-2009 season.

PS Kudos to the young lady who BROKE THE RECORD. (Im guessing somebody in Star's family is now in 2nd place)

Now Please Somebody Lock or Delete this Thread.......

I've even heard that someone has contacted Scott's opponents requesting copies of the score book so they could verify this record. That's getting ridiculous.

I think this is a good idea. No matter if it is this record or any record I think they should always be double checked. You would be surprised how often cheating happens or there is some mathematical error.

Also how do they know the actual # of points anyway. I mean surely there is not some member of the staff that just knows how many points each player has keepong up with it on a game by game basis. I would say this number has come from the family or something keeping up with it over the years and the school will have to verify it. Does anyone know how that works?

What I find interesting is that everybody has ignored star's statement that members of the coaching staff have admitted that this is what has been done. I think, star, the only way to get people off your back is to cough up the "coaching staff" that said it. Nothing like accountability to shut everyboy up.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

All the Way aka Star3 (notice when all the way registered and # of posts---betcha IP addy's the same /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

Give it UP Star 3. Its up to the School and its Athletic Dept to verify the record, if they so choose.

Quit making a fool of yourself. And you fool no-one with your duplicative posts and identities......

Please Mods LOCK THIS THREAD!!!