Bledsoe County Hires New Coach

jhoutsider

Once again...........After reading this thread, which is just the same as all of the others, why would someone want to leave another coaching job to come to Bledsoe and put up with this junk????????? And I don't want to hear the blood, sweat, and tears and winning tradition story that many of you love to tell over and over. The tradition that you are building now is a bunch of miserable whiners that love bashing the coaches. Perception is reality, and this is how you are perceived to outsiders like myself.

You know everyone in Bledsoe does not agree with the "whiners that love bashing the coaches".

So, if all the apples are bad, due to a few rotten ones, then that is too bad.

But it is not the whole picture.

Many of us post infrequently, and only post in support of the program,...................

Regardless of who is the head coach.

Good luck to Coach Reel.

Polecat

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard first hand that Coach Reel went to Hubert and told him that he would not be allowed to have anything to do with football. This is not a rumor. He has also been allowed to find an outside assistant. As for the rest of the coaches I don't know. Should be a meeting coming up with players and parents with Coach Reel.

this is what i heard also......same story.......i was told that we were $10,000 away from hiring David B.......thats what i was told.....the same person that told me Jason had the job before most even knew.....and he also said that the QB club had NO INPUT in the hiring..........but B22.....i will have to back Coach Reel....i backed all the coachs...UNTIL i seen that they couldn't do the job.......Coach Reel to me is untested....ask me at the end of the season next year.....i will just tell you what i think....i won't sugar coat it.....you know that B22....and i respect where you are coming from too.....but lets give him 10 games......then ask me....ok... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know everyone in Bledsoe does not agree with the "whiners that love bashing the coaches".

So, if all the apples are bad, due to a few rotten ones, then that is too bad.

But it is not the whole picture.

Many of us post infrequently, and only post in support of the program,...................

Regardless of who is the head coach.

Good luck to Coach Reel.

Polecat

I did not intend to lump everyone into the same category, please accept my apology. The actions and attitudes of a vocal few are reallly creating difficulties for your whole community. They have good intentions but are extremely misguided as far as an appropriate and effective way to bring about change. I feel sorry for the folks like you that have to pay the price for the garbage that that these neanderthals spew. I understand that every program has its neysayers, even Maryville has a group, but I just have a funny feeling that the first time the Bledsoe offense/defense/spec. teams does not perform well - it is going to be because of politics, admin, etc..........Then we go round and round in this viscious cycle. Your predicament is a catch22.........these fools whine because they can not get a coach from outside the program, and you can not get a coach from outside the program because of the whining fools. Good luck Warriors, my Rockwood Tigers will be ready.

this is what i heard also......same story.......i was told that we were $10,000 away from hiring David B.......thats what i was told.....the same person that told me Jason had the job before most even knew.....and he also said that the QB club had NO INPUT in the hiring..........but B22.....i will have to back Coach Reel....i backed all the coachs...UNTIL i seen that they couldn't do the job.......Coach Reel to me is untested....ask me at the end of the season next year.....i will just tell you what i think....i won't sugar coat it.....you know that B22....and i respect where you are coming from too.....but lets give him 10 games......then ask me....ok... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope you guys look at more than wins/losses after 10 games. Look at the small steps a team may make to improve. A new coach needs time to build from the ground up. Look at attitudes, discipline, technique, etc... Love to see this program become respectable again. Good luck Bledsoe County !! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope you guys look at more than wins/losses after 10 games. Look at the small steps a team may make to improve. A new coach needs time to build from the ground up. Look at attitudes, discipline, technique, etc... Love to see this program become respectable again. Good luck Bledsoe County !! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A voice of reason !!!!!!!!!

I do not personally know coach Reel, I have however seen his coaching ability the past 2 seasons under Roberson. He was the head coach againsed Upperman when Roberson was suspended for letting the kids beat the freshman up.. What did he do then?????????? 40-0............ I wish him all the luck in the world but it takes alot more than luck to build a program from where we are to respectable program.... What can he bring to the table as our head coach he hasn't brought as a assistant & if there is something my next question is why didn't he already bring that while he was a assistant?? I don't know of any other program around here that has the 7 year stretch we have had and would hire in house????? I hope I am dead wrong & If I am I will pubicly say I am wrong, but I think we hired a coach because of accessability & not having to move teachers & ect around instead of hiring the very best coach that applied for the position reguardless of what had to be done to get them..... Anyone who thinks this is not the case needs to get there head out of the sand or Bledsoe Co. Politics whichever may apply...

I do not personally know coach Reel, I have however seen his coaching ability the past 2 seasons under Roberson. He was the head coach againsed Upperman when Roberson was suspended for letting the kids beat the freshman up.. What did he do then?????????? 40-0............ I wish him all the luck in the world but it takes alot more than luck to build a program from where we are to respectable program.... What can he bring to the table as our head coach he hasn't brought as a assistant & if there is something my next question is why didn't he already bring that while he was a assistant?? I don't know of any other program around here that has the 7 year stretch we have had and would hire in house????? I hope I am dead wrong & If I am I will pubicly say I am wrong, but I think we hired a coach because of accessability & not having to move teachers & ect around instead of hiring the very best coach that applied for the position reguardless of what had to be done to get them..... Anyone who thinks this is not the case needs to get there head out of the sand or Bledsoe Co. Politics whichever may apply...

You just ignorantly proved my point, I rest my case.

your right to a point.....i think we hired in house because of money...i said this from the start.....but i do think Jason will do things his way....if your not the head coach its hard to make changes.....i look for jason to bring in a young off. coach ...i really think he will.....he was told that he could bring one in, and i think he will.....look, i know we have been down for 7 years or ever how long its been, but i'm willing to give him a chance....i think we all should...and if it don't work out....then we need to look for a new super............thats what i think.........

You just ignorantly proved my point, I rest my case.

Slim if you haven't walked in our shoes & know the in's & outs of Bledsoe County School system & what the people of this county are going through & have went thru the past few years you really wouldn't understand.... We have kids than can compete with anyone until they reach the High School level & as a tax paying parent it is a hard to swallow that these kids just simply quit or have no heart. I played 2 years under Quay & 2 under Dickie Brown & never had a winning season in High School, but my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade year we beat nearly everyone we played.. During the Quay years I know if we had some different leadership we would have won alot more games as we had some players play college ball & a couple more that could have but didn't during the late 1980's and early 1990's, & we was just on the front end of Dickie Brown's good seasons... I see my kids growing up & the past couple of years they have not lost a ballgame & we have played alot of outside this valley teams, but when they get to be young High School aged kids they don't seem to have near the suscess...... If this 7 year stretch happened to your beloved Tigers I promise you my friend you would feel as we do if the school system kept hiring in house & kept have the same or worse results like our 1-9 season we just suffored through...

You may be exactly right.....It may have been an money issue or it may have been an under the table deal all along. However, I am an optimist. If for some reason it had to be in house because of economics or teacher issues I believe they picked the right one. He is having a meeting Sunday with all the parents and the players. Hopefully his agenda will be layed out then.

My new question ya'll might be able to help with......How does he approach the QB situation??? We can't handle another season averaging 4 interceptions a game. I know we have a sophmore QB with a lot of promise.....any more????