Lawrence Co beats Shelbyville

PURPLE76

I know the news is on the 8aaa thread but it deserves a new one. Great job girls. 43-35 in a tough, tough game. Jordyn, Emily,& Kelsy way to finish. Erin and Magan great job the whole game on D & rebounds. Jessa you showed up at the right time to start the rally. Claire and Ariel good minutes for some great effort. What a team effort. Proud of your composure in a circus of crazy calls both ways. The head ref finally took control of the game calls. See ya Friday nite and play hard.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the news is on the 8aaa thread but it deserves a new one. Great job girls. 43-35 in a tough, tough game. Jordyn, Emily,& Kelsy way to finish. Erin and Magan great job the whole game on D & rebounds. Jessa you showed up at the right time to start the rally. Claire and Ariel good minutes for some great effort. What a team effort. Proud of your composure in a circus of crazy calls both ways. The head ref finally took control of the game calls. See ya Friday nite and play hard.

Very nice job by LC last evening, coming up with the key plays at the end. Both teams played hard and should be commended. I agree with the assessment that the head referee settled the game and kept the game in the players hands, where it should be.

It may be splitting hairs, but I think Shelbyville caught a huge break by losing this game. They are now in Cookeville's bracket and not Riverdale's in the region. Through the recent years, Shelbyville has struggled with Riverdale and has pretty much owned Cookeville. Also, drawing Lebanon is probably better than Blackman, who was the better team throughout the season but was upset by the Devilettes last night. I think Lawrence County got a tougher draw, but that's just my opinion. Congrats for winning the district Lady 'Cats. It will also be very cool to see Ashley Johnson return home with her Lebanon team. All this said, Shelbyville and Lawrence County could both be upset in the first round of the region. It is wide open this year from top to bottom.

PURPLE76 I can not believe you would start something like this about this young lady. After you read this you are going write I??™m sorry I don??™t know Hannah or her family but the problem is it is too late. You have written something for everyone to see about this young ladies character. I have been around her and her family for sometime and have never heard those words being spoken from them. The official who asset the Technical was not even around her and never gave Coach Burkey a reason why she received the Tech.

I for one am amazed of how little respect this young lady has received from this district while she has been at Shelbyville. I am also tired of people saying she was one of Coach Insell??™s recruits before he left for MTSU? I know for a FACT that Coach Insell never ask Hannah or her parents to come to play for him at Shelbyville. But as of today Five High School programs have ask her to leave Shelbyville since her Freshman season to come and play for them. As I have watched Hannah play High School and Travel Ball I have learned something from her. She has never played for her parents, people in the stands watching her or for something to be written about her in a news paper. When you sit down and ask her about a game she will tell you that her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ blessed her with the ability to play the game and she lays it all on the line for Him because that is what He did for her.

PURPLE76 the next time you take the time to write something on this website or anywhere else think before you do. Most of the young ladies who adults are writing about already carry a burden for their team because of the position they have been placed in. I for one believe you owe Hannah Dawson an apology and not just getting on Coacht but personally walking up face to face and to say you are sorry for questioning her character.

Just a Question. Was anyone close enough to the T call on Dawson to here why it was called? The rumor in the crowd was that she dropped the F bomb and I just wondered what the T was for on her.

the lady cats on the bench, which she was directly in front of them, said that she did not say that word. that she hit the floor. thats it

It may be splitting hairs, but I think Shelbyville caught a huge break by losing this game. They are now in Cookeville's bracket and not Riverdale's in the region. Through the recent years, Shelbyville has struggled with Riverdale and has pretty much owned Cookeville. Also, drawing Lebanon is probably better than Blackman, who was the better team throughout the season but was upset by the Devilettes last night. I think Lawrence County got a tougher draw, but that's just my opinion. Congrats for winning the district Lady 'Cats. It will also be very cool to see Ashley Johnson return home with her Lebanon team. All this said, Shelbyville and Lawrence County could both be upset in the first round of the region. It is wide open this year from top to bottom.

Are you saying Shelbyville wanted to lose or threw the game? Great post purple76 /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="