Region 6A Tourney 11A VS 12A

culleokarep

Summertown has not faced a defense like they are going to see tuesday. Best defensive team I've seen all year. They will play a smothering man to man with fantastic help side then without knowing it, they will pop into a match up pressure zone descuised as a man to man, and double team out of it. Long may get 12, Harville 8, rest of the team 12. Cully 48, ST 32 if they don't remove their starters late in the 4th. Cully will then mop the floor against Collinwood due to great matchups they have against CW's 2 inside men and the pressure that they will put on CW's guards. Culleoka 43, Collinwood 31.

Ok, all of you that are saying cully will dominate Cwood are crazy. Just goes to show that you don't really kinow until the games are played. Cully wont even get a shot at Cwood cuz Cornersville tripped them up. Who thought that would happen--not even me. Don't be surprised if Stown beats Cully--I know d wins championships but I really doubt that Cully has played an offensive team as good as Stown.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, all of you that are saying cully will dominate Cwood are crazy. Just goes to show that you don't really kinow until the games are played. Cully wont even get a shot at Cwood cuz Cornersville tripped them up. Who thought that would happen--not even me. Don't be surprised if Stown beats Cully--I know d wins championships but I really doubt that Cully has played an offensive team as good as Stown.

actually, I think Collinwood blasted Cornersville pretty soundly..

Summertown has not faced a defense like they are going to see tuesday. Best defensive team I've seen all year. They will play a smothering man to man with fantastic help side then without knowing it, they will pop into a match up pressure zone descuised as a man to man, and double team out of it. Long may get 12, Harville 8, rest of the team 12. Cully 48, ST 32 if they don't remove their starters late in the 4th. Cully will then mop the floor against Collinwood due to great matchups they have against CW's 2 inside men and the pressure that they will put on CW's guards. Culleoka 43, Collinwood 31.

dude, if you seriously think your heroes will hold Summertown and Collinwood to 32 points or less....well, you gave me the best laugh Ive had in a long time...both those teams can drop threes on you all freaking night like its nothing....you aint gonna give nobody help cause there aint gonna be nobody you can leave to go give help...my advice is go to columbia and recruit some more guys while you got time

you are going to double....and leave one of those deadeye dandy's out there wide open to drain the trey...sure

Perry county is a young team made up of freshmen and sophomores....Summertown and Collinwood are both loaded with SENIORS who are tourney tested and not that easily intimidated as younger kids are

dude, if you seriously think your heroes will hold Summertown and Collinwood to 32 points or less....well, you gave me the best laugh Ive had in a long time...both those teams can drop threes on you all freaking night like its nothing....you aint gonna give nobody help cause there aint gonna be nobody you can leave to go give help...my advice is go to columbia and recruit some more guys while you got time

you are going to double....and leave one of those deadeye dandy's out there wide open to drain the trey...sure

Perry county is a young team made up of freshmen and sophomores....Summertown and Collinwood are both loaded with SENIORS who are tourney tested and not that easily intimidated as younger kids are

I believe Swoosh is a PC Fan from his previous post. Summertown is a good team, but I am still waiting to hear how they lost to PC and Forrest? Any details? Did Wes not play????? I was shocked to see those losses.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ....i hope you show up tomorrow to see what defense looks like.....whos recruiting?

in the forrest game summertown scored 53 points and lost by 15

in the perry county game summertown score 59 points lost by 3 to freshman and sophomores as you said

in the independence game who isn't one of the best triple A teams summertown scored 54 points lost by 8

with this three games it proves to me that summertown lost to atleast two teams that they should have beaten and had a "down night"

culleoka has not lost team a team that they shouldn't have lost too

culleoka's two games they lost 62-67 to a westview team that had a state tournement team last year in double A

MBA 67-68 in overtime to a division 2 team maybe not one of the best but always has great athletes

the beat franklin county twice 48-44 and 38-26 franklin made to to there district championship game but lost in the first round of regions

culleoka beat forrest twice 71-37 and 59-28

that tells me that defense will show up every night no matter how bad your shooting the ball or anything summertown has to have a really good shooting night to beat culleoka and i am not saying that it won't happen i just have enough confidence in my guys that they will do what it takes to bring us back to state

actually, I think Collinwood blasted Cornersville pretty soundly..

Not many people talking about the Cwood, and Wayne Co game. I think this will be a fairly close game after seeing Wayne co play a good first half aganst Summertown, if they played like that the hole game and they dont start the Rice show then they will play cwood close.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> You crack me up sssssss. How can you even post this comment after someone from 12A says that Cully is the best team they have watched play all year? I dont think you realize how good the Warrior D really is. They haven't given up over 50 points since Jan 6th....And I can promise you that Summertown will get very few,if any, open shots. If those "deadeye dandy's" drain the trey it will be with (at least) a 6'3 defender in their face. Also if you want to talk about tournament experience you have to give the edge to Cully. The Seniors on the team all played at the Boro 2 years ago and were one win away from making back there last year. Anyway you want to spin it, Culleoka is the clear favorite tonight.

I believe Swoosh is a PC Fan from his previous post. Summertown is a good team, but I am still waiting to hear how they lost to PC and Forrest? Any details? Did Wes not play????? I was shocked to see those losses.

Just goes to show, anything can happen when you are dealing with teenagers. Look at what happen to the Marshall Co. girls last night.

Just a word of note--My alma mater is IKM high school in Iowa. This year they led the entire state all classes in scoring defense--gave up 40 pts only three times and finished two games short of state. Only two teams put up 40 on them--one did it twice and is in the state tourney here. It doesnt matter if you have a great defense or not--the fact is you have to show up to play. Give the rednecks a chance, they may show up and cully may not, you never know. I just think the rednecks from stown are too tough and will show up and take the fight to the columbia boys

Just a word of note--My alma mater is IKM high school in Iowa. This year they led the entire state all classes in scoring defense--gave up 40 pts only three times and finished two games short of state. Only two teams put up 40 on them--one did it twice and is in the state tourney here. It doesnt matter if you have a great defense or not--the fact is you have to show up to play. Give the rednecks a chance, they may show up and cully may not, you never know. I just think the rednecks from stown are too tough and will show up and take the fight to the columbia boys

If they are playing the "columbia" boys, they will be at the wrong gym and Culleoka will win by default!!!