REGION 4AA TOURNAMENT

seymourbutts1

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been under the weather for a week or so. Didn't go to the game tonight b/c I thought we would win big. Looked sort of bad there for awhile until our boys got it together and got the job done.

Yes I saw that score and the others as well. DeKalb is playing good ball right now and we don't need to take them lightly. How many times will this make that we have played each other this year ??? I'm not a big fan of this system. And you know it's hard to beat a team 3 times much less 4. But the money's good I guess.

I plan on going to Upperman next week and hope that we can win. Plan on staying and watching JJ and the Bees. I haven't seen him play so I am sort of anxious to see what all the fuss is about.

It seemed to me that we had a bad case of over confidence tonight until we saw that we were going to have to do more than just show up and win. I hope we got that out of our system!

I agree on that beating a team three times in a season. If we get past DC, we may have to accomplish that same task against the Bees! Wouldn't it be great to beat the Bees 2 more times this year?

OldCat, was it over confidence or just really hard to get up for a team that is less than stellar? No offense meant to DCA, I thought you hustled well, coached good, and brought a good game plan. By the sound of the scores, I have a feeling Upperman, Station Camp and LA might have been peeking to Tuesday night. Thats my opinion. But, will say I was not impressed with our play until the fourth quarter. Our boys need to kick it up a couple of notches if they want to complete their goals they have set for them selves and I believe they are more than capable. Just gotta bring it every night. The refs were par for the course again in my opinion.

Good luck Tuesday. GO HOG-EYE!!!

Upperman squeezed out a win against Greenbrier. Cant remember the score. 20 point win +/-. It got as close as 9 in the second half, but then the Greenbrier coach went and ticked off our audio guy (hs kid working the music/etc.) and it was all down hill from there. You have to know who not to tick off I guess.

Never seen a HS basketball coach rip into a HS kid working the sound before. I think he owes the kid an apology. If the kid was doing something wrong it would be diffrent. The kid didnt do anything. I wish I had seen or heard it, the apology would have happened immediately.

LA played Greenbrier at TTU camp this summer and the coach from Greenbrier yelled at one of LA's players in a verbally threatening way during the game. Then the coach wouldn't shake the kid's hand after the game as the teams shook hands. If it is the same coach, he should grow up. I guess he'll have plenty of time to think about losing his cool now, right Gator?

Thanks so much. Finally some real BB info. What about Greenbrier? Heard they're young and 22 can shoot but that's about all.

#22 Craig Bradshaw (only a freshman) for Greenbrier can do more than shoot. He is an all around solid player. He is actually ranked 7th in the state for the class of 2012. In my opinion he is one of the best freshman in the state. He fouled out tonight with 7 minutes to go against Upperman down 9 points....then Greenbrier lost by 19.

Check out this picture on the link. Bradshaw is # 24 in their white jerseys.

http://tennessean.com/article/20090227/MTC...007/1303/MTCN03

Good luck to Upperman.

LA played Greenbrier at TTU camp this summer and the coach from Greenbrier yelled at one of LA's players in a verbally threatening way during the game. Then the coach wouldn't shake the kid's hand after the game as the teams shook hands. If it is the same coach, he should grow up. I guess he'll have plenty of time to think about losing his cool now, right Gator?

I agree. He will have quite a while to think about it. He put on enough of a show that afterwards the wife of one of the referees came over and asked the kid what that mess was all about. She said she had never seen something like that either.

the kid handled it right, from all I can tell. Kept his cool. I dont know the coach, so I cant say much but whether you are a coach or a player, you have to keep your focus on the basketball court. Anything off of the court is not your business. Period.

He can stick that in his suit jacket and think about it for a few months.

The LA Wildcats advance to the Region Semi's after holding off a fiesty DCA club 65-46.

After trailing by one after 3 quarters the Wildcats went on a 23 to 0 run to close the deal. DCA hit a 3 at the buzzer for their only points of the 4th quarter.

LA was led by Mr. Chase Dunn with 22 points Congrats LA keep focused and continue your journey.

Don't know what LA was thinking during the first 3 quarters.... This was probably a good wake up call for the Wildcats. At this point in the season anyone can beat anyone...

If the reported scores are right, Upperman won by 19, Station Camp won by 19, and Livingston won by 19. Kinda odd, I thought.

Congratulations to DeKalb Co. (Go District 7)!!

Odd indeed /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I dont even know where to start on tonights LA game with DCA? I guess ill start with the refs. They were absolutly awefull tonight. Probably the worst ive ever saw in any sport of any age group. King21 what was the "T" on West for I must have missed it? Also the whole deal with the two players on the ground the DCA kid should have been ejected immeditaly. Was he the same one that tried to kick one of the LA boys? DCA played LA a good game for the most part and if LA hadnt steped it up a notch they may have been watching the rest of the tourny from the stands. Sounds like Upperman had a fun night also down at Baxter with Greenbriers coach? And way to go DC that must have been a good game. Anyway im tired and cant put all my thoughts in order right now so if something seams out of place or not right let me know. Ill post more tomorrow. Good Night All GO WILDCATS AND DISTRICT 7AA

OldCat, was it over confidence or just really hard to get up for a team that is less than stellar? No offense meant to DCA, I thought you hustled well, coached good, and brought a good game plan. By the sound of the scores, I have a feeling Upperman, Station Camp and LA might have been peeking to Tuesday night. Thats my opinion. But, will say I was not impressed with our play until the fourth quarter. Our boys need to kick it up a couple of notches if they want to complete their goals they have set for them selves and I believe they are more than capable. Just gotta bring it every night. The refs were par for the course again in my opinion.

Good luck Tuesday. GO HOG-EYE!!!

Good point there BigDaddio! We showed what we are made of in the fourth quarter. We cannot survive another game if we play like that for the first three though! If these guys play up to their capabilities an entire game, no one in AA will beat them! Gotta bring it though!

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />