Metro Overview

oldmetrodog

Not taking anything away from them at all. Those guys did a great job this year. And yes every school has open zoning to a certain degree. If a kid wants to take a class that isnt offered and if the school is not at capacity then the school can accept him or her. However, Hillsboro is open zoned period. All a kid has to do is provide his or her own transportation. Not nearly the same thing. Hillsboro even has on metros website its open enrollment deadline. The other schools dont get that.

And unless the rules have changed, you have to go to the CLOSEST school that offers a course. So anybody can't just go anywhere. Also for school like Antioch and McGavock who are at or above capacity, you can't take anyone out of zone.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> This smiley describes this whole thread. Metro quit crying. Every county has their issues to deal with. The real isuue in metro is that there aren't enough Scott Smiths around anymore.

Obviously you did not read the whole thread. A discussion board is exactly that...for discussions on the topic presented. I will say this, Metro has a number of excellent coaches and they are working hard to get it done! But any time your school wants to come on in why dont you get you a full slate of Pearl-Cohn, Maplewood, Hillsboro, and either Stratford or Glencliff as a non region games an see how you fair.

Remember, I said that everyone has their issuses earlier in this thread, however, this IS the METRO thread!

-Say hello...to the BADGUY!

Obviously you did not read the whole thread. A discussion board is exactly that...for discussions on the topic presented. I will say this, Metro has a number of excellent coaches and they are working hard to get it done! But any time your school wants to come on in why dont you get you a full slate of Pearl-Cohn, Maplewood, Hillsboro, and either Stratford or Glencliff as a non region games an see how you fair.

Remember, I said that everyone has their issuses earlier in this thread, however, this IS the METRO thread!

-Say hello...to the BADGUY!

PC, Stratford and Glencliff!!? You consider these to be powers? Red Boiling Springs should schedule Glencliff. Look, you want REAL external issues to deal with? Try going to Brentwood.

PC, Stratford and Glencliff!!? You consider these to be powers? Red Boiling Springs should schedule Glencliff. Look, you want REAL external issues to deal with? Try going to Brentwood.

the issues are certainly different but can be just as taxing that is for sure... Brentwood will get their taste of the "best of Metro" real soon.

Wow, either you are being sarcastic or you dont have a clue. Im guessing you dont have a clue. You have been on numerous threads claiming different things most of which include metro in some way. From Scott Brunette retiring to Scott Smith heading to Hillsboro to Brentwood having just as many issues as Maplewood and Pearl Cohn. I dont see Brunette retiring this year, I really dont see Scott Smith coaching in metro any time soon, and your comment about Brentwood is just crazy. See metro doesnt have enough Scott Smith's. Not taking anything at all away from Scott Smith, he is a good coach and has done well. But how is Smith better than Anderson, Woodward, Law, Spears, Campbell, or even guys like Baskin from McGavock, Peden or Bush from Antioch, Crawford or Morrison from Overton, and Currie from Cane Ridge?

Brentwood...My kid plays or your fired vs. my kids just got fired at and we have no place to stay and we only had one meal in the last two days...OK Brentwood has more issues!

Pearl-Cohn IS a power! Where have you been the past couple of years! Dominated the old region 4-3A! Under Coach Brunetti the were State Semi-Finalist in 06 an 07, graduation finally caught up with them last year and they should be back on track for 09. PLUS they have 2 GOLD BALLS! Football Power...CHECK!

Stratford is not a power but I will take their athelets and take my chances!

Glencliff now has one of Beech's coaches as their HC and Curry as DC and they are now getting back to physical football. They will be well coached! I will always take odds with a hard nosed well coached team any day!

Say hello...to the BADGUY!

Not taking anything at all away from Scott Smith, he is a good coach and has done well. But how is Smith better than Anderson, Woodward, Law, Spears, Campbell, or even guys like Baskin from McGavock, Peden or Bush from Antioch, Crawford or Morrison from Overton, and Currie from Cane Ridge?

Comparing these guys to Scott Smith is like saying Wade Phillips is the next Tom Landry.