Region 2A

HOOPSGURU

If the other 3 games were anything like the oneida grace game they were fantastic.... Other than Grace coming out and destroying the Indians for the first 6 to 7 minutes it was a great game... The end got a little out of hand and the 10 point loss should've actually been 5 or less but a few technicals for the Oneida coach with less than 5.0 to go caused a few more points to get put up than what should've. Great game after seeing this one I believe Grace will win this tournament. I believe they played the toughest one they'll play in the whole tournament tonight. Oneida was a underrated 3 seed. Great win for Grace. Ill pick Grace over OZ by atleast 20 next round, and Wartburg over Rockwood by 4.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round of 64:

Rockwood vs Sunbright

Wartburg vs Harriman

Oliver Springs vs Greenback

Grace Christian vs Oneida

Round of 32:

Rockwood vs Wartburg

Grace vs Oliver Springs

Round of 16:

Oliver Springs over Wartburg

4-0 on the predictions so far. Grace looks to be hot so I'm not sure about the upset, but I'll stick with my picks.

Losing to Rockwood in district championship and struggling to beat Oneida Sat makes them hot?

I agree with vegas3, what is so hot about them?

I still belive Grace has match up problems with OZ. Grace is a very good team and could cause problems if they get hot with the 3 ball but, if they miss OZ will clean the boards.

If Rather gets hot that opens the middle up and Grace has no answer for OZ height.

Run and Gun we haven't heard from you about the game on Tuesday what is your thoughts?

I agree with vegas3, what is so hot about them?

I still belive Grace has match up problems with OZ. Grace is a very good team and could cause problems if they get hot with the 3 ball but, if they miss OZ will clean the boards.

If Rather gets hot that opens the middle up and Grace has no answer for OZ height.

Run and Gun we haven't heard from you about the game on Tuesday what is your thoughts?

I will agree Grace has not played well the last few games but is still the same team that went 12-0 in the district and have beaten and played with some very good teams. Please dont take this as an excuse, I am just stating the facts. Grace has been fighting sickness with 4 players for like a week and a half but so has everyone else so my take is you just have to deal with it and not whin about it. Defense has been very sluggish and not showing the energy it has had all year long. Grace is getting healthy and hopefully regain the fire they played with all year. I think the next game against O S will be a good game. If Grace is able to get back to running as they have all year I dont think O S will be able to stay with them. But if Grace plays their Game and allows O S to pound it inside Grace could be in trouble because without the big boy in there it is a weak spot for Grace. If Pridemore and Slusher shoot the ball well they are tough to beat.

Does Rockwood just play to the level of their competition or what?? Only beating Sunbright by 11 is not a good sign at all. But in the Grace game they will run OZ to death... Rather is the only thing they have on the perimeter when every guard that grace has can play. Not only that but when you have Harper in the game for OZ if it becomes a running game it is basically 5 on 4 the whole time he is not in very good shape.

Does Rockwood just play to the level of their competition or what?? Only beating Sunbright by 11 is not a good sign at all. But in the Grace game they will run OZ to death... Rather is the only thing they have on the perimeter when every guard that grace has can play. Not only that but when you have Harper in the game for OZ if it becomes a running game it is basically 5 on 4 the whole time he is not in very good shape.

the difference between rockwood and the other teams is the coaching,Coach K is the best coach not only in this region but around this area,His team is always ready to play,and their defense is very tough.Grace is the most athletic at the peremeter by far,but without an inside game you cannot win championships,look at the district final.Losing Burdette #10 is a big loss for the depth of Grace not to mention the best three shooter by percentage on the team,when he quit they lost a good defender and shooter,very intense kid.I like Oliver Springs in the Grace match up,carter is a tough ball player,harper is just dead weight cant get up and down the floor,but he takes up alot of room.If Grace gets to running it could turn the other way,I just think without burdette they cannot run as hard as they have been able to.

Harper is a beast on the boards and will stop penitration by Slusher and Pridemore, because Harper will step in front and its hard to make a pass around him. Ima go with OZ. I love to watch good rebounding teams, and I think OZ is a very good rebounding team. That's where defense is. I dont care how well you defend on the ball or shut down passing lanes, if you cant rebound you cant end a defense possession. Because of Harper and Carter, I think Grace will get very few second chance points, and Grace will wanna run with Harper in the line up thus they wont put a body on Harper and he'll tear up the boards. Oliver Springs wins this one, with Harper being a "Big Reason" why. haha

Harper is a beast on the boards and will stop penitration by Slusher and Pridemore, because Harper will step in front and its hard to make a pass around him. Ima go with OZ. I love to watch good rebounding teams, and I think OZ is a very good rebounding team. That's where defense is. I dont care how well you defend on the ball or shut down passing lanes, if you cant rebound you cant end a defense possession. Because of Harper and Carter, I think Grace will get very few second chance points, and Grace will wanna run with Harper in the line up thus they wont put a body on Harper and he'll tear up the boards. Oliver Springs wins this one, with Harper being a "Big Reason" why. haha

Grace will want to run with anyone in the line up. But I do think there is something to be said for being quick to the rebound as to just being big. The big boy for OS has size on grace but because he is so big he doesnt box out and may be easy to get position on. Alot of penitration will be on the break I believe before the big boy even gets back into the play and if Pridemore and Slusher now that they are healthy, have good games it could mean trouble for OS. But I believe the key for Grace will be #55 because if he rebounds and scores for Grace like he can it will be tough to concentrate on Pridemore and Slusher. The key player for OS is gonna be #44 and how he is able to score and rebound. Just my thoughts about the game, should be a good game. Two different styles, the one who sets the tempo of the game will most likely come out on top.

when we played os saturday,was not impressed with harper,yes a big kid but not athletic got himself in trouble early,doesnt move up and down the floor well,carter on the other hand is a nice athlete,moves very well,and to end a defensive possesion you have to be able to move along with rebound,he didnt rebound well against the kees,of course the kees inside game is much better than graces but that is not were they will beat you,they will run you to death harper will not be much of a factor.