HAMPTON BULLDOGS!

bulldog787

Regardless of what they say you can bet Hampton already has a BIG circle around Cosby, they didn't like losing to us at all. The coaches and the people in the know up in H-Town know that the region championship will most likely be determined in the Cosby Hampton game. We always play the dogs tough , but they are always a solid well coached ball team. I think Cloudland will be a better TEAM this year but they lost a lot of offensive weapons that will be hard to replace but I definately wouldn't count them completely out. Unaka has to be better this year too , they didn't lose much at all. I'm bias of course but I think Cosby has far and away the best skill players in the region with #5 #7 #20 and #48 all being returning playmakers from last year , BUT we will have a very young line that is going to need a lot of good coaching this spring , they are VERY big and strong just young.

Ithink Hampton will have to take all of their games seriously. A very tough schedule, Johnson Co twice, Sullivan East, Happy Valley, who should be very good and Unicoi. Then you have Cosby who has risen to be a contender , Cloudland should be improved, Unaka has alot of people back . I don't know anything about Hancock and North Greene. Having said that , I honestly think that Hampton has the people to have a shot at 10 and 0. The line is huge and they have experience, the skill people will catch alot of people off gaurd. They have size ,speed and quichness. This looks like a very solid team to me.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ithink Hampton will have to take all of their games seriously. A very tough schedule, Johnson Co twice, Sullivan East, Happy Valley, who should be very good and Unicoi. Then you have Cosby who has risen to be a contender , Cloudland should be improved, Unaka has alot of people back . I don't know anything about Hancock and North Greene. Having said that , I honestly think that Hampton has the people to have a shot at 10 and 0. The line is huge and they have experience, the skill people will catch alot of people off gaurd. They have size ,speed and quichness. This looks like a very solid team to me.

I can fill you in a little on Hancock and N.G. Hancock is coached well and are a tough bunch of rascals they just don't have a lot of players to choose from , but they will be slightly better than N.G. N.G. was awful last year but they were very young from what I hear. The class of the conference (thats sarcasm by the way) Grace put 60 on em playing their worst game of the year in my opinion. Neither should threaten the top 3 or 4 , but you never know?

Have you heard what Unicoi, East, and Johnson Co. will have next year? I thought someone said that East has like 20 seniors returning but I ain't sure. I know HV will have the RB back and he should be the best RB in the county. And I'm glad to see Ward made it out for football. The best athlete in the school needs to play at least 2 sports...

Lord Vador, when I said Hampton has a shot at 10 and 0, Its not like I think its anywhere near automatic. I just think its a goal and one thats achieveable. I expect strong competition nearly every week. You never have any power as to how good the other teams are ,you just have to be the best you can be. With the starters Hampton has back and the addition of several new starters. I just think Hampton will be hard to beat. I fully expect Hampton to be much improved from a year ago.

Lord Vador, when I said Hampton has a shot at 10 and 0, Its not like I think its anywhere near automatic. I just think its a goal and one thats achieveable. I expect strong competition nearly every week. You never have any power as to how good the other teams are ,you just have to be the best you can be. With the starters Hampton has back and the addition of several new starters. I just think Hampton will be hard to beat. I fully expect Hampton to be much improved from a year ago.

Hampton WILL be better next year. i think we can make a deep run in the playoffs

No problem, everything is fine at Hampton. As far as the coaching thing goes. My guess is ,JC and Mike might be the only one's who could answer that. Spring practice probably starts next week, should know something by then.

Did Spring Practice open up today for the Bulldogs, Pujo? If so, what was the rundown-- I know you wouldn't miss it! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Did Spring Practice open up today for the Bulldogs, Pujo? If so, what was the rundown-- I know you wouldn't miss it! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll be keeping up with it at a distance, I stay pretty busy with my own kids. Little one playing Tball and the older one playing on 3 different teams. As soon as Jr High Baseball is over, I may get to see whats going on. I'm around the Cloudland team quite a bit. I know they are working hard and them ole boys are getting pretty strong.

Nah man I didn't mean that like you took it. I wasn't being a smarta**. I was just seriously wondering if you've heard what those teams are gonna have. I really don't know...

Nah man I didn't mean that like you took it. I wasn't being a smarta**. I was just seriously wondering if you've heard what those teams are gonna have. I really don't know...

I didn't take what you said as anything out of hand. I just think Hampton will be pretty tough, I don't know much about East or Unicoi. I do know that Unicoi had 41 boys at the weight lifting competition. I think Happy Valley has alot of kids back and Johnson Co will be tough as usual.

speaking of which how did the weightlifting tournament go pujo? i kno hampton has sum strong boys and for cosby yall have to be kidding? we got out smarted not beaten but a win is a win however i doubt that will happen this year. u wont trick these boys. goodluck

I don't know a whole lot about the weight lifting, I think Johnson Co won it and I think Hampton finished 2ond. Its always got to do with how many lifters you have, I do think Hampton placed 1st in some of the events. I really don't know much about it ,someone else could tell us alot more.