Marshall Co lost

ParisRiverRat

I know how good Upperman is... you don't have to tell me.

westtnman, the thing about Butler is... she scored 35 points, yea.... but she also got in several assist as well. BEAUTIFUL assist at that. These last 2 games are definately the best we have played this year. Coach McMillan seemed to be pleased tonight. I just hope we can keep this up and finish the season undefeated with a 35-0 record!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES...TSn was there and watched the game. The Lady Knights played tough all night and came out on top 49-48. We have a game recap at http://www.tennesseesportsnet.com/6201.html . We didn't broadcast the game, but covered it. Marshall County didn't look like themselves. Hume-Fogg sagged in the middle and made it tough for March and the others.

Finally got to see Gibson County play tonight. They are as advertised. Butler was unconcious, but what impressed me was it seemed that there were about 8-9 weapons that could kill you at any moment. For instance, Garner girl went on a 7-point tear that happened in a span of minute and half, then another would take over. If they hit their 3's like they did tonight, they are going to be hard to beat.

your right, they have amny players that can really hurt you. tonight griffin and reedy didn't have strong games on offense but their were others there to pick up the slack. i believe the strongest part of this team is the defense though. they can really force a team to play out of control and force turnovers.

Congratulations to Hume-Fogg and CPA!!! DL had Lewis County beat until some home-cooking refs, tough trap defense, and foul trouble caught up with DL. I think if DL had been playing CPA they could have persevered, but they gave up. Glad to see the competition in 9AA has paid off for two great teams!! Keep going girls!! We are behind you! Unsung heroes!! Keep your composure, and bring a gold ball back to 9AA.

lol with a year of experience under their belt being at state for the second time... i'm really hopin gc wont have as many jitters this year. and if butler can get comfortable and find the range... lol just be sure to pack ur umbrella! i make this prediction now.

if gc wins it's first round game at state. then they'll win the whole thing

I'm not saying this as a sore loser, the refs played too much of a role in the game (I think the refs played too much of a role in the Marshall Co. boys' win over MLK). This isn't the reason Marshall Co. lost though, far from it. As another poster said, Marshall Co. has struggled since Christmas. Hume-Fogg came in with a plan and stuck to it for the entire game. Marshall Co. had its chance to put Hume-Fogg away, but Hume-Fogg never backed down. Marshall Co. had chances to win late, but missed free throws and turnovers kept them from pulling it out.

It will be weird not being in Murfreesboro next week, but while it may not have had the perfect ending, this season was still a success.

the refs made some poor calls against Marshall Co. but let the same things slide on H.Fogg's side, some of the worst refs I've seen

I know exactly what you mean. Watching girls slide for 30 feet on their knee pads while holding the ball, and no walking call made, watching your guards get knocked to the floor and stripped of the ball with no foul called, or a girl climb plum over the back of one of your girls for a rebound and ride her to the ground like a horse with no call. It just makes you set and wonder what game some refs watch when they are calling yours.

It does seem funny to some to hear Marshall talking about bad refs...... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

the refs made some poor calls against Marshall Co. but let the same things slide on H.Fogg's side, some of the worst refs I've seen

Thank goodness -- I thought I was going to read a complete thread where NOBODY blamed the officals for lsoing -- my faith in humanity has been restored!!!!

First of all I thought this was a Marshall County/Hume Fogg thread.....Why are we talking about McMinn, Gibson and Upperman? There is a thread on here about who is going to win state....go on there or form your own thread...

Now, lets get back to topic........I was merely an unbiased spectator last night and yes, Marshall County did play terrible, however, that was not a reflection of the type of team they have had all year...I would have bet the farm that Marshall County would win state, but as previously stated they played "not to lose" and Hume Fogg played really well. It would have been better for Marshall to have lost a couple of weeks ago and get the fire back in them, instead they were playing tight and under a lot of pressure. On another note, the officials were terrible, both ways all night, but that did not determine the outcome of either game. The Lewis County and CPA game was not officiated any better, however, CPA is a great ball club and deserved the win. It seemed as if one official was trying to take over and make all the calls. I agree that the officials were bad, but yes it is funny to hear MC complain about the referees...Lets give them their chance to complain since they have not had the opportunity to all year, lol.

First of all I thought this was a Marshall County/Hume Fogg thread.....Why are we talking about McMinn, Gibson and Upperman? There is a thread on here about who is going to win state....go on there or form your own thread...

Now, lets get back to topic........I was merely an unbiased spectator last night and yes, Marshall County did play terrible, however, that was not a reflection of the type of team they have had all year...I would have bet the farm that Marshall County would win state, but as previously stated they played "not to lose" and Hume Fogg played really well. It would have been better for Marshall to have lost a couple of weeks ago and get the fire back in them, instead they were playing tight and under a lot of pressure. On another note, the officials were terrible, both ways all night, but that did not determine the outcome of either game. The Lewis County and CPA game was not officiated any better, however, CPA is a great ball club and deserved the win. It seemed as if one official was trying to take over and make all the calls. I agree that the officials were bad, but yes it is funny to hear MC complain about the referees...Lets give them their chance to complain since they have not had the opportunity to all year, lol.

They've had their chance to talk all year and chose to stay silent for the most part /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Now you want us to listen to them whine about the refs. Adjust to the way the game is being called or go home /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Hume-Fogg and CPA!!! DL had Lewis County beat until some home-cooking refs, tough trap defense, and foul trouble caught up with DL. I think if DL had been playing CPA they could have persevered, but they gave up. Glad to see the competition in 9AA has paid off for two great teams!! Keep going girls!! We are behind you! Unsung heroes!! Keep your composure, and bring a gold ball back to 9AA.

Home-cooking refs well i guess that must be what happen in the CPA-Hickman game to my understanding Hickman was up with a minute to go. Could have been Hickman playing last night.