Marshall Co lost

ParisRiverRat

Thank goodness -- I thought I was going to read a complete thread where NOBODY blamed the officals for lsoing -- my faith in humanity has been restored!!!!

I have no dog in the hunt but crying about the referees in the two games last night is nothing but whining. There were good and bad calls on both sides and nothing was out of the ordinary for a high school game in Tennessee. I can give reason after reason why MC lost....the refereeing wouldn't make the top ten on the list.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've had their chance to talk all year and chose to stay silent for the most part /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Now you want us to listen to them whine about the refs. Adjust to the way the game is being called or go home /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

NO I don't want you to listen to them whine, I wanted you to go to or start another thread...I just didn't see the relevance of talking about Gibson, McMinn or Upperman on a Marshall County thread when there is already a thread about opinions as to who is going to win state. Also notice that I didn't not blame the loss on the officials...I said the officials were bad both ways, but that MC played terrible. Turnovers, missed free throws and not getting the ball to March is what lost the game, not too mention Hume Fogg played really well and #32 was a great player.

First of all I thought this was a Marshall County/Hume Fogg thread.....Why are we talking about McMinn, Gibson and Upperman? There is a thread on here about who is going to win state....go on there or form your own thread...

Now, lets get back to topic........I was merely an unbiased spectator last night and yes, Marshall County did play terrible, however, that was not a reflection of the type of team they have had all year...I would have bet the farm that Marshall County would win state, but as previously stated they played "not to lose" and Hume Fogg played really well. It would have been better for Marshall to have lost a couple of weeks ago and get the fire back in them, instead they were playing tight and under a lot of pressure. On another note, the officials were terrible, both ways all night, but that did not determine the outcome of either game. The Lewis County and CPA game was not officiated any better, however, CPA is a great ball club and deserved the win. It seemed as if one official was trying to take over and make all the calls. I agree that the officials were bad, but yes it is funny to hear MC complain about the referees...Lets give them their chance to complain since they have not had the opportunity to all year, lol.

First of all Marshall Co. lost....That is very relevant in this thread about the teams you mentioned. Because of the Marshall loss, the chances for Upperman, Central, and Gibson just got a little higher. We've heard Marshall fans talk about repeating all season, so now they we want to hear who their pulling for. So, mr. thread police, I think we have a right to talk about remaining state contenders on this thread if we choose because Marshall certainly is not a factor now! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Have a nice day! Oh, I am on the other threads too! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ha Ha. You're being funny. No one is so stupid as to believe that players have the right to slide.... You were kidding right??? I mean, you're NOT that dumb, right.

He's NOT that dumb, but apparently you are. If you don't know that one then what do you know? Why should we listen to you about anything when you just destroyed your credibility. Let's just say you were misinformed and not really stupid.

First of all Marshall Co. lost....That is very relevant in this thread about the teams you mentioned. Because of the Marshall loss, the chances for Upperman, Central, and Gibson just got a little higher. We've heard Marshall fans talk about repeating all season, so now they we want to hear who their pulling for. So, mr. thread police, I think we have a right to talk about remaining state contenders on this thread if we choose because Marshall certainly is not a factor now! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Have a nice day! Oh, I am on the other threads too! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good for you, finally the reply I have been looking for...thank you. I am glad that you said Marshall getting beat improves their chances, because from reading the majority of the posts on the other threads, you would think that Gibson and Upperman were a lock to win state....I am not talking about any of your posts, I have just heard so many people say how great Upperman is and how they are going to win the state, and don't get me wrong Upperman is good, but I just don't know how you can make those statements without even seeing Marshall play. It is just my opinion, but having the opportunity Marshall would beat Upperman. I am aware that Marshall lost, so now we will never know, and now there will be a new state champion. Upperman, Gibson and McMinn are definite favorites on paper, but if they do it will only be because Marshall got put out. I just like to be well informed and see the contenders before I form an opinion about who will win the state and give credit where credit is due.

Like I said before Marshall played terrible and Hume Fogg played very well and everything seemed to fall their way, if Marshall would have lost a couple of weeks ago (like last year) it would have lit a fire in them and they would not have been playing so tight and under so much pressure, and we would have seen repeating State Champions!!

After watching Marshall Co.'s coach act all crazy earlier this year in a game that he won, I would've loved to have seen how he acted tonight!

After seeing this coach this year. I think he is a candidate for anger management. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I am aware that Marshall lost, so now we will never know, and now there will be a new state champion. Upperman, Gibson and McMinn are definite favorites on paper, but if they do it will only be because Marshall got put out.

L

AND....if Upperman, Gibson, or McMinn do not win, it will be because they "got put out"

That's the reason we play the tournament ! Their state championship will not be diminished in any shape, form or fashion because Marshall was or was not there. There will not be an asterik on the Gold Ball, I guarantee you.