PICKETT CO. SENDS JACKSON COUNTY HOME!

TopDawg83

No biggie 7Asuperfan. If your dad played for PC (or Byrdstown as we knew it) in the mid-70's I more than likely played against him. I went to Tech when Sam was there although he was a few years older than me. So I remember those girls teams pretty well.

And your right that was a special group of girls. I didn't realize that a 4 peat had been done by anyone other PC. I vaguely remember JC doing it also but did they win all of them in AA ? I thought maybe the 4th they stepped down to 1A. Again I could be wrong.

I was speaking with a man today that was raised in PC and I ask him who coached that girls team in 89. And he couldn't remember. You said Barry Smith and then it came back to me I remember. That would be something if Brent could win him one as well. Brother's each winning a state championship. Wonder if that's ever been done in the same sport at the same school. Doubt it don't you. I know the Eldridge twins from Livingston have pulled it off in different sports. Matt at LA won 3A football in 05. Mark at Maryville basketball I think in 07.

Good luck to the Lady Bobcats.

The 4 peat from JC were all AA state titles the only A title we have is from last year

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first i'm gonna dispell all rumors about our team.

1) Kayla went to school in Albany for like 2 years JUNIOR HIGH, she moved back to PC her freshman year, they also live w/n throwing distance of the state line so they can go to either school if they wish, her and James chose to come back to PC.

2) Tarrah & Brittany Garner moved to Albany due to butting heads with our former coach (Alison Painter) due to not getting ANY playing time, Tarrah was an 8th grader at the time, when she came back she immediately found her way into the lineup and well you can see how much she means to the team. Between Garner, Garret & Gibson with Tuck coming of the bench, you cannot lose.

3) NO ONE was meaning harm towards Laken or #22 (forget her name) but hey you expect some of our boys players to NOT heckle them about their choices, nothing personal, but remember WHO ended a 30+ year streak for the boys... that's right JC. Besides they were gonna chant something else but i was sitting amongst the boys as was Coach Bibb and one look from him and they stopped attempting a derrogitory chant right away.

4) yes it's been EXACTLY 20 years since we went this far into the tourny scene, And i'm gonna give y'all a VERY impressive stat... 20-1, anyone wanna take a guess at that... that's right thats the girl's record in history of PC when making it to the Sub State/Sectionals (only loss back in 2000 to Lookout). So you can ALMOST be assured of the girls winning no matter where they go, and speaking of that:

5) WE WOULD LOVE TO PLAY CSAS, we are 2-0 against top 10 teams in the state the last week, so why not play what is considered the best team in the eastern time zone AND the team that ended an undefeated sub-state streak of our Boys not too long ago. I agree with D. J. a page or 2 back though, if we stay w/n shouting distance all game that is a victory, heck you never know though before the game started Monday night it was about 75% people picking JC over us, so who knows, if the same 'range shows up that showed up the first half of Gordonsville, and the same PC shows up that played the second half of the JC game... you never Know.

6) Big shout out to the Sr's of PC Meg White & Linsey Owen for how well they played monday too... didn't really get a chance to talk to them after the game, was a bit cautious of Owen at first but she HAS proven me wrong with her play over the last month.

7) I'll repeat what i said around Christmas when the girls won 4 games in 3 nights up in KY. When the Tourny starts... and after seeds are set... RECORDS/RANKINGS MEAN NOTHING, look at 2 of the top 10 in the state sitting at home now thanks to PC, DO NOT be surprised if a 3rd one goes home Saturday night (Assuming CB does not win over CSAS)

ok i've ranted enough and need to get some sleep, also can Worden please give me a half-apology for the statement about JC going home early, j/k

N.J.

It's CASA - Chattanooga Arts & Science Academy

No, it's CSAS- Chattanooga School for the Arts & Sciences. They lost to Clarkrange in the sub-state last year. Currently ranked 6 in the state, I believe. THey should win their region fairly easily tonight. I assume it will be them and PC in the substate. CSAS boys played at PC two years ago in the substate @ PC.

No, it's CSAS- Chattanooga School for the Arts & Sciences. They lost to Clarkrange in the sub-state last year. Currently ranked 6 in the state, I believe. THey should win their region fairly easily tonight. I assume it will be them and PC in the substate. CSAS boys played at PC two years ago in the substate @ PC.

Ooops. Sorry for the error in the name.

No biggie 7Asuperfan. If your dad played for PC (or Byrdstown as we knew it) in the mid-70's I more than likely played against him. I went to Tech when Sam was there although he was a few years older than me. So I remember those girls teams pretty well.

And your right that was a special group of girls. I didn't realize that a 4 peat had been done by anyone other PC. I vaguely remember JC doing it also but did they win all of them in AA ? I thought maybe the 4th they stepped down to 1A. Again I could be wrong.

I was speaking with a man today that was raised in PC and I ask him who coached that girls team in 89. And he couldn't remember. You said Barry Smith and then it came back to me I remember. That would be something if Brent could win him one as well. Brother's each winning a state championship. Wonder if that's ever been done in the same sport at the same school. Doubt it don't you. I know the Eldridge twins from Livingston have pulled it off in different sports. Matt at LA won 3A football in 05. Mark at Maryville basketball I think in 07.

Good luck to the Lady Bobcats.

You where right Rocking Chair, Dad said Sam was the coach for three of them. Which girls were you talking about that won it as 8th graders? Because I asked dad and he said Perry Lynn was a freshman when they won the first one. JC won theirs from 2000-03. LA won one in '99 and '04. Pretty good run there for 7AA. JC didn't move down to single A til '06. I'd say if Brent wins one, he and Barry will be the only brothers to win one at the same school in the same sport.

oh how the mighty have fallen. someone forgot to tell Pick CO that if Jack C showed up that they r gonna lose. Jack CO had simply been out done by CLarkrange. quit complaining about u players getting heckled. U do plenty of that u self. just read u posts on here 4 example. once again, go home Jack CO and shutup. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

MY BULLDOGS R GOING TO STATE and JACKO CO AINT. HA HA /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You where right Rocking Chair, Dad said Sam was the coach for three of them. Which girls were you talking about that won it as 8th graders? Because I asked dad and he said Perry Lynn was a freshman when they won the first one. JC won theirs from 2000-03. LA won one in '99 and '04. Pretty good run there for 7AA. JC didn't move down to single A til '06. I'd say if Brent wins one, he and Barry will be the only brothers to win one at the same school in the same sport.

If I'm not mistaking, Doe Garrett and friends won the state their 8th grade year and 4 straight in HS.

In grade school I believe it was known as the James C. Haile state tourney. But like I said they won that and 4 in a row in HS. And Jerry "peanut" Reagan coached that 8th grade team to the state title.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I was at the Jackson County/Pickett County Game. My observations are as follows:

1. As Good as Coach Brown is, No body, Anybody, Any Place, wins the Championship Every Time.

2. J.C. only loses 2 players to graduation, Thanks for a job well done Taylor and Talicia.

3. They have an upcoming 8th grade class to add-on with, The Lady Blue Devils are still sitting Pretty.

4. The Jackson County Fan support at this game, was less than desired. We can't complain about Pickett County cheering, even tho- there was a lot of Montery and RBS, un-necessary chanting. But at least they were chanting. J.C. fans seem so sure of a victory, they were eating pop-corn, looking at their watches, gossiping...and didn't know that they had lost, until THEY HAD LOST AND WERE ALERTED BY THE WILD CHEERING OF PICKETT COUNTY.

5. A post-scrip to Coach Brown, love ya, but I have to say, according to the March 5, edition of the Herald citizen, Defense wins Championships. Clarkrange held Pickett to 22% or so in the region final. It might not have helped at all. But I do wish that you have taken my little tip a little more seriously.

6. Congrats Pickett Co. You played a terrific game.

7. Lady Blue, next year is less than a year away. GO BIG BLUE /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

for one genuis who is the bulldogs because if you are talking about PC they are the BOBCATS. another thing is state aint even started so you dont know if you will go or not. lastly learn how to spell and also SHUTUP.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

for one genuis who is the bulldogs because if you are talking about PC they are the BOBCATS. another thing is state aint even started so you dont know if you will go or not. lastly learn how to spell and also SHUTUP.

it is the cornersville bulldogs donkey breath. So GO HOME AND SHUT UP!!!!.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And dream of what might have been. HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA