PICKETT CO. SENDS JACKSON COUNTY HOME!

TopDawg83

THE BEST COACH IN PICKETT COUNTY WAS CHARLIE MITCHELL.. DOES THIS TEAM HAVE THE SAME ATHLETES

SUCH AS PERRI LYNN, REBECCA RAINES TO GO TO STATE AS THEY DID YEARS AGO?? OR WAS THIS JUST

A FLUKE?? I'V NOT SEEN YOUR TEAM BUT I KNOW THIS AREA HAS GOOD ATHLETES OVER THE YEARS..

GOOD LUCK... WITH CLARKRANGE...

Probably not the teams of that era of state championships and yes, Charles was a good coach. He had the talent and did something with it. Boys side too. Breant played for Mitchell and from what I have seen, he can get the job done. but, thats my opinion....lets hear from the PC folk.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE BEST COACH IN PICKETT COUNTY WAS CHARLIE MITCHELL.. DOES THIS TEAM HAVE THE SAME ATHLETES

SUCH AS PERRI LYNN, REBECCA RAINES TO GO TO STATE AS THEY DID YEARS AGO?? OR WAS THIS JUST

A FLUKE?? I'V NOT SEEN YOUR TEAM BUT I KNOW THIS AREA HAS GOOD ATHLETES OVER THE YEARS..

GOOD LUCK... WITH CLARKRANGE...

I don't think it would be fair to compare this team to the teams in the late '70s early '80s. Those team where unreal from what I heard. Charles Mitchell was an unbelievable coach, I think it was said somewhere that He's the only coach to ever win a State title in Boys and Girls Basketball. Brent will have this program going for many years. They have 3 seniors back next year with two or three good sophomores that are only gonna get better.

PC stalled for the last shot for about 2 minutes and got fouled with about 30 seconds to go...hit 2 free throw...Leonard of JC then hit a lay up...then Pickett held about 20 seconds for final shot and Garner got a rebound and put back with 1 second left...it was a huge win for Coach Smith and PC girls. Noone should knock his game plan tonight....

PC stalled for the last shot for about 2 minutes and got fouled with about 30 seconds to go...hit 2 free throw...Leonard of JC then hit a lay up...then Pickett held about 20 seconds for final shot and Garner got a rebound and put back with 1 second left...it was a huge win for Coach Smith and PC girls. Noone should knock his game plan tonight....

Wow! How exciting!! Congratulations PC Lady Bobcats. Keep it up!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WOW What a game.COGRADS to Pickett County on a great win.Does anyone give Pickett County a chance in the C'range game after what happened tonight. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Should be a good game if they played like they did tonight.

Not that big a shock. JC has been on life support all year and finally someone pulled the plug. Congrats to Pickett. Very good team that was due a win like this.

Kinda the way they pulled your plug 5 times last year? It was a good win for PC without lowblowing JC. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="