PICKETT CO. SENDS JACKSON COUNTY HOME!

TopDawg83

I am not saying that what you said doesn't have merit, what I am saying is it probably does more harm than good for it to be coming from someone very close to LL. If you had been talking about one of mine, it definitely would have ruffled my feathers. As proud as JC players and parents are, I would bet there were some ruffled.

What do you mean she has nothing to prove!? Everytime a player steps on the floor, they should have something to prove! Great players are players who make medicore players around them look good. She should have been focused on helping the players around her get better, hence making her look better. I agree its not all her fault, but you could tell that she wasn't emotionally attached towards the end of the year.

Hey options and coach 07, I agree with parts of both explanations...or statements made.

I would like to however add my nickels worth lol It is bad sportsman ship to lay blame on someone else for losing a game. You are to win a game as a team and lose a game as a team..... If everybody on a team give 110% all the time what a team it would be. It is like the game of life, if you give it your all and have done the best that you can, then you can hold your head up with pride to know that is what you have done. If for some reason you look in the mirror or go back and look at the tape and say you did everything right and you were perfect and then your team mate failed in a couple of places you are still at fault. For the simple reason you see a team mate struggling thats time to step your game up and try to help get things going not think to yourself that it is someone else's fault things aren't going well. You need to give support and encouragement and with respect. I am not saying these things to anyone person just making statements to encourage others to take a good look at yourselves and try to improve themselves as they go through the next few weeks. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Sometimes we overlook what tension and pressure of everyday life brings on these young kids. Everybody needs encouragement for things they do, having faith in your team mates to help carry you when your down and having the abilitly to have the personality to say its ok if you miss a shot lets pull together and do all you can do and if you lose pat each other console each other and regroup and learn from the mistakes that where made. I Just would like to say a couple more things and hope everyone a good rest of the season.

First, Congrads to PC for your win!! Great Job. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The rest of these games coming up will be some of the player's last game, Go and have fun and give it your all, so that when you win or lose you can have no regrets. Life is not all about BBall but while you got it... enjoy it. It is short lived for most. Do not forget you have something to prove. Not to me or anyone else but to yourself that you can be the best that you can be. This is in all that you do through life. Make it what you want..

Good Luck to the Upper Cumberland Teams LOL!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sam coached the last two of the four in a row and Charles coached the first two, or maybe vice versa. But its 2-2 i know that. Sam was coaching in Albany last year, but he decided to step down to be able to watch Kayla more. She still plays for PC and is only a junior, so she'll be back next season with Garner and Garrett as well.

well I know for a fact that the girls team that won 4 in a row also won the state their 8th grade year. And I'm 99.9% sure that Sam coached the last 3 in a row in high school. And that Charles coached them the first year. Not that it matters but I'm fairly certain I'm right. Does anyone know who coached them in the 8th grade ? clue....'peanut'

Also the first 3 years they won the state girls high school basketball was played 6 on 6. The last year and Sam's 3rd in a row they changed the game to 5 on 5 like the boys.

First off congrats to PC on the win, our girls just couldn't hit there shots and PC wanted it more than our girls did, but hold your heads up high girls and use this as motivation for next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think you can say they pulled our plug, your season has to end to get your plug pulled. We played all of our games last year. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

KGM was right, several teams have been on their heels, it was a matter of time before someone got them when it counted.

No matter what you think is right or wrong or I guess myself for that matter....I just thought the comment was tacky and probably stems from past experiences. Still a 7-A fan and wish the best to CR and PC. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not saying that what you said doesn't have merit, what I am saying is it probably does more harm than good for it to be coming from someone very close to LL. If you had been talking about one of mine, it definitely would have ruffled my feathers. As proud as JC players and parents are, I would bet there were some ruffled.

What do you mean she has nothing to prove!? Everytime a player steps on the floor, they should have something to prove! Great players are players who make medicore players around them look good. She should have been focused on helping the players around her get better, hence making her look better. I agree its not all her fault, but you could tell that she wasn't emotionally attached towards the end of the year.

A TEAM WINS AS A TEAM AND A TEAM LOSES AS A TEAM! I hated to see the JC girls season end last night, but I do believe all things happen for a reason. We try to tell our kids to be thankful in the good times as well as the bad times. Even after the loss last night, I still thanked the Lord for what He has given us each day. Basketball is a small but fun part of those blessings. Pickett County played a tough game, and it worked. Congratulations on a great win.

Go on and represent 7A well.

I don't know why some people feel the need to get on here and say things that will hurt a player, but it happens all the time. None of the players can help what other people get on here and say. I do know that Laken knows she didn't play her best last night. The first thing she pointed out was the weaknesses that she has and what she needs to work on during the off-season. She hasn't blamed anyone else, nor will she ever. She cares about her team, and she will continue to care about them, win or lose. That's what a great teammate does.

As for the statement, "She doesn't have anything to prove", she would never say that. She knows that she has a lot to prove, and she knows she needs to continue working hard every day. It truly takes a lifetime of striving each and every day to get better as a person, player, mom, dad, or anything else. When can a man really say "I am all that I should be?" I think the answer is never.

Laken can't be responsible for what anybody gets on here and writes. She is only responsible for what SHE says and does in this life, thank goodness!!!! So, don't assume that Laken agrees with any of this garbage that is written on CoachT. Matter of fact, she has a strong distaste for this site and will not even read it!!!

To Taylor and Talicia: It's been great watching you play. I wish you the best in the future. We have enjoyed getting to know you and your families. We've made some great memories along the way. Take Care and God Bless You in everything you do.

well I know for a fact that the girls team that won 4 in a row also won the state their 8th grade year. And I'm 99.9% sure that Sam coached the last 3 in a row in high school. And that Charles coached them the first year. Not that it matters but I'm fairly certain I'm right. Does anyone know who coached them in the 8th grade ? clue....'peanut'

Also the first 3 years they won the state girls high school basketball was played 6 on 6. The last year and Sam's 3rd in a row they changed the game to 5 on 5 like the boys.

Maybe your rite, like I said, I wasn't even born then. My dad graduated in '76, I go by what he has told me, and maybe I'm just misremembering what he told me. I know Charles was his coach on the boys side in the four years he played, and I know he won at least one on the girls side and that it was during that 4peat and then he won one with the boys in '90. Sam was a great coach as well, in fact he was being considered for the coaching job as well before Brent was hired. Barry Smith was the Coach of the girls in '89 when the girls won it again, so maybe Brent can get his now or next year. But anyway you slice it, 4 titles in a row, no matter who was the coach, is impressive. I mean their is a reason why only Pickett Co. (A), Jackson Co. (AA), and Shelbyville (AAA) have won 4 consecutive titles, you have to have a special group of girls or just an unbelievable player like those teams did and a good coach to get the most out of their teams. PC had Perry Lynn, among other good ones, JC had Davidson, among others. But you look at the coaching those teams had as well. Gibson/Mitchell @ PC, Brown @ JC, Rick Insell @ Shelbyville. I mean as successful as Looper was at LA and Rogers is at Clarkrange, they haven't even come close to winning 4 consecutive state titles. That tells you something about how hard, and how special those three runs where.

If our girls are within 15 points of Clarkrange tomorrow night, I'll take that as a positive. Good luck girls, looking forward to watching the first substate girls game for PC in like 20 years.

I don't know why some people feel the need to get on here and say things that will hurt a player, but it happens all the time. None of the players can help what other people get on here and say. I do know that Laken knows she didn't play her best last night. The first thing she pointed out was the weaknesses that she has and what she needs to work on during the off-season. She hasn't blamed anyone else, nor will she ever. She cares about her team, and she will continue to care about them, win or lose. That's what a great teammate does.

As for the statement, "She doesn't have anything to prove", she would never say that. She knows that she has a lot to prove, and she knows she needs to continue working hard every day. It truly takes a lifetime of striving each and every day to get better as a person, player, mom, dad, or anything else. When can a man really say "I am all that I should be?" I think the answer is never.

I never attacked her, or said anything mean. Never said she laid the blame on others. Some around her has laid the blame on others. I was responding to what someone who is close to her said. I would hope she doesn't carry those same sentiments. I was just stating that some of those things being said could hurt some feelings around the JC clubhouse. Just stating it wasn't good housekeeping is all. Things that were said could rock the boat quite a bit, whether she believes them or not. Tough loss for JC and Great win fo PC. Life goes on as usual.

Maybe your rite, like I said, I wasn't even born then. My dad graduated in '76, I go by what he has told me, and maybe I'm just misremembering what he told me. I know Charles was his coach on the boys side in the four years he played, and I know he won at least one on the girls side and that it was during that 4peat and then he won one with the boys in '90. Sam was a great coach as well, in fact he was being considered for the coaching job as well before Brent was hired. Barry Smith was the Coach of the girls in '89 when the girls won it again, so maybe Brent can get his now or next year. But anyway you slice it, 4 titles in a row, no matter who was the coach, is impressive. I mean their is a reason why only Pickett Co. (A), Jackson Co. (AA), and Shelbyville (AAA) have won 4 consecutive titles, you have to have a special group of girls or just an unbelievable player like those teams did and a good coach to get the most out of their teams. PC had Perry Lynn, among other good ones, JC had Davidson, among others. But you look at the coaching those teams had as well. Gibson/Mitchell @ PC, Brown @ JC, Rick Insell @ Shelbyville. I mean as successful as Looper was at LA and Rogers is at Clarkrange, they haven't even come close to winning 4 consecutive state titles. That tells you something about how hard, and how special those three runs where.

If our girls are within 15 points of Clarkrange tomorrow night, I'll take that as a positive. Good luck girls, looking forward to watching the first substate girls game for PC in like 20 years.

No biggie 7Asuperfan. If your dad played for PC (or Byrdstown as we knew it) in the mid-70's I more than likely played against him. I went to Tech when Sam was there although he was a few years older than me. So I remember those girls teams pretty well.

And your right that was a special group of girls. I didn't realize that a 4 peat had been done by anyone other PC. I vaguely remember JC doing it also but did they win all of them in AA ? I thought maybe the 4th they stepped down to 1A. Again I could be wrong.

I was speaking with a man today that was raised in PC and I ask him who coached that girls team in 89. And he couldn't remember. You said Barry Smith and then it came back to me I remember. That would be something if Brent could win him one as well. Brother's each winning a state championship. Wonder if that's ever been done in the same sport at the same school. Doubt it don't you. I know the Eldridge twins from Livingston have pulled it off in different sports. Matt at LA won 3A football in 05. Mark at Maryville basketball I think in 07.

Good luck to the Lady Bobcats.

It's CASA - Chattanooga Arts & Science Academy

Close enough really but it's Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences. I wouldn't have bothered to correct it if I wasn't adding a little about their team. It's a magnet with excellent athletes, well-coached, a good experienced team and they added a good player from Grace Academy this year. They've not beaten many really good teams but then again they've beaten most of their opponents by big margins. They've lost to McMinn Central who everyone knows about, the other loss was to Northwest Whitfield from GA and they made the Class 4A state tournament down there. I picked CSAS for the state, that drew some laughs and mocking on here but I still am though there's no doubt either Pickett or Clarkrange (if they're not upset) will be strong competition. This is assuming too CSAS isn't upset by Copper Basin.