Can Upper East Tennesse Break Through?

coachh17

All six Upper East Tennessee teams are still alive. Morristown West has a home game against Powell. Tennessee High must travel to Bearden. South Greene must travel to Seymour. Elizabethton will host Gibbs. Hampton is at home against Wartburg. Cloudland has the toughest game, as they must visit Oliver Springs. Here is a little comparison of these six teams. South Greene gave Morristown West their only loss. Elizabethton beat South Greene in the Regional final. Hampton had a four point loss to Elizabethton in the regular season and Cloudland beat Hampton once. Elizabethton beat Hampton twice and beat Cloudland once. Morristown West beat South Greene, Tennessee High, and Clouland once. You could look at that and say there is not a huge difference between the five teams. That either means none of them are really that good or that all of them are pretty darn good. I especially think it speaks well for the single A teams (Hampton and Cloudland) and the double AA teams (Elizabethton and South Greene). If Morristown West is truly the #1 AAA team in the state, then I believe the other five teams have a real chance to make some noise. It has been a long time since Upper East Tennessee has had any statewide success. Could one of these teams bring home a Gold Ball? I hope so. Go Upper East!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen! I would love to see the Lady Rebels vs. the Lady Cyclones for a state championship. Good luck to all the teams. Let's bring all 3 Gold Balls back to the East. God Bless!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upper East Tennessee will take four out of six!!!! #1 Morristown was upset by Powell and Cloudland lost in overtime(or double or triple OT) to Oliver Springs, but Elizabethton, South Greene, Hampton, and Tennessee High are heading to Murfreesboro!!!!!! Go Upper East Tennessee!!!!!!

Anyone can give an opinion.......I prefer to watch and wait for the outcome.......but thats enough of that.

I will add one thing to what your saying .I sure wouldnt want to be Galyon next year. The pressure to get to the Boro will be incredible.....MW will be loaded again.

At least I have the guts to give an opinion or pick a winner before the game is played vs making jokes about the games that are missed after they are played. As gogreene said, Johnny G did it again. Time and time again.

Saw MW play at Happy Valley Tournament and clearly saw he had 2 player offense game plan-period. Saw the same thing at GreenBank Classic and even posted that he coached like he only had 2 horses in his stable. Went over to DB to watch Wed. night and thought Galyon might have a chance of getting to Boro since more of his girls were scoring and I thought he possibly had mixed up his game plan. After watching last night, saw that Galyon still has tunnel vision with the same predictable game plan. He can't seem to coach under pressure (at least at GreenBank Classic and substate) as one of his fillies was struggling badly and he wouldn't make adjustments. Yup, he coached himself and his girls out of a trip to the Boro!

robpride, you are correct, I suppose if I were smarter I would wait for the outcome and enjoy the games just as much if not more. I, too, would not want to be Galyon next year. But, you know, this has been going on for the past 20 + years. Next year will be even more pressure because as you say he will be loaded again. Maybe, there is not any pressure @ Mo. West. They seem to just let him continue on.

etnmom, I saw them at the Bank classic and he hasn't changed a bit. He can win games when nothing is on the line. Get him into a big game and its stick a fork in him, cause he's done.

I cannot remember when they have been to the state tourney. I would have to check the records in the past 25 years to be sure. Anyway, as robpride said, enough of that lets move on to something more exciting.