Can Upper East Tennesse Break Through?

coachh17

It's great to see so many Upper East TN teams still alive this year. Other regions of the state seem to think Tennessee ends at Knoxville, so maybe this'll show there's MUCH more to it than that. Good luck to the Lady Rebels, Lady Cyclones, Lady Vikings, and Lady Bulldogs of Hampton. To have so many still playing, and several others that almost made it, shows the strength of this area. I hope at least one of them make all the way, and bring home a gold ball! Good luck to everybody!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until Clarkrange beats Oliver Springs on the court for a third time this season, OS is my pick in their division. Beating a team twice is difficult but three times is extremely difficult. Ask Oak Ridge about Powell, a team that beat by 25 or more not once but twice. Otherwise, it is unlikely that a team from the East will take the gold ball.

On the boys' side, Humboldt appears to the the only true lock. My pick is White Station and Joe Jackson, with or without shoes, though Raleigh Egypt and Bearden will have something to say about that and ultimately the brackets make a big difference too. Fulton has a shot in AA.

Good luck to each team. Just wish I could see them play.

South Greene spanks Hume-Fogg, Hampton beats Cornersville, and Elizabethton loses a hearbreaker to Westview. The Upper East teams have proven they can play!

Congratulations South Greene and Hampton on your wins! Sorry for Elizabethton's loss but it's been a great run and you represented us well. Positive thoughts that Tennessee will come out with a win this afternoon! Hope all Upper East TN teams continue to show we've got really great teams up here. Good luck!

Until Clarkrange beats Oliver Springs on the court for a third time this season, OS is my pick in their division. Beating a team twice is difficult but three times is extremely difficult. Ask Oak Ridge about Powell, a team that beat by 25 or more not once but twice. Otherwise, it is unlikely that a team from the East will take the gold ball.

On the boys' side, Humboldt appears to the the only true lock. My pick is White Station and Joe Jackson, with or without shoes, though Raleigh Egypt and Bearden will have something to say about that and ultimately the brackets make a big difference too. Fulton has a shot in AA.

Good luck to each team. Just wish I could see them play.

Why does ever one think that Clarkrang is so unbeatable? Records dont matter in the boro.I think they can be beat weather it be by Oliver Springs or Hampton.Go dogs bring home the gold!

From what I've seen so far. I'd have to say that Memphis Central will win AAA, South Green will win AA, and Clarkrange will win A. That's one for East, one for Middle, and one for West. And just for a little controversy starter. I'd pick South Green to beat Memphis Central or Clarkrange, if they played. South Green is pretty tough. But, take it from a McMinn Central fan, you had best come ready to play, or have your bags packed to head back home.

Not quite ready yet. South Greene won one and then ran in to a buzz saw called Gibson (Heather Butler) Co. Hampton looked good against Cornersville, but could not contain Morgan Faulkner. Elizabethton played well, but Rechis was too good that game. Tennessee High finally made it, but drew Memphis Cnetral and a quick exit. Maybe next year?

To the best of your knowledge what Big 9 schools in girls AAA have made it to the state tournament?

Not quite ready yet. South Greene won one and then ran in to a buzz saw called Gibson (Heather Butler) Co. Hampton looked good against Cornersville, but could not contain Morgan Faulkner. Elizabethton played well, but Rechis was too good that game. Tennessee High finally made it, but drew Memphis Cnetral and a quick exit. Maybe next year?