Region 2A Championship

bulldawgfan5

For the second year in a row, Wartburg and Oliver Springs are playing for the Region 2A Championship! Will Wartburg take home the region crown again or will OS take it away this year? Of course, Oliver Springs is a very good team, but with the way Wartburg is playing right now, anything can happen. Who would have thought that the #5 seed in District 4A would have made it to the Region Championship?! Don't you love tournament time? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I predict:

Wartburg - 48

Oliver Springs - 46

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't state so surely that Wartburg is playing at a "high level" right now. They have managed to survive and advance each night.....which, if I remember correctly, is the name of the game. Oneida played very poorly last night and Wartburg had much to do with the Lady Indian's performance, but Oneida, nor anyone else in the conference but OS, has Kayla Christopher. She is the Difference Maker in this and almost every game OS plays. I believe Geno A. (UConn Coach) says it best......"We have great players, but we don't have Candace Parker!" ........... her play will determine the outcome! Great players have a way of rising up at the right moments...we'll see!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wouldn't state so surely that Wartburg is playing at a "high level" right now. They have managed to survive and advance each night.....which, if I remember correctly, is the name of the game. Oneida played very poorly last night and Wartburg had much to do with the Lady Indian's performance, but Oneida, nor anyone else in the conference but OS, has Kayla Christopher. She is the Difference Maker in this and almost every game OS plays. I believe Geno A. (UConn Coach) says it best......"We have great players, but we don't have Candace Parker!" ........... her play will determine the outcome! Great players have a way of rising up at the right moments...we'll see!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well it may not be their "high level", but it's the best they have played all year. They have really stepped up their game. And you're right, Wartburg does not have Kayla Christopher, but it doesn't mean Wartburg can't win. No one is too good to be beat. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Wartburg played them very close last meeting, and I believe they can pull it out this time. I might be wrong, but I'm sticking with my prediction.

For the second year in a row, Wartburg and Oliver Springs are playing for the Region 2A Championship! Will Wartburg take home the region crown again or will OS take it away this year? Of course, Oliver Springs is a very good team, but with the way Wartburg is playing right now, anything can happen. Who would have thought that the #5 seed in District 4A would have made it to the Region Championship?! Don't you love tournament time? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I predict:

Wartburg - 48

Oliver Springs - 46

OZ by ten. The Lady Bulldogs won't be playing at home this year.

Well it may not be their "high level", but it's the best they have played all year. They have really stepped up their game. And you're right, Wartburg does not have Kayla Christopher, but it doesn't mean Wartburg can't win. No one is too good to be beat. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Wartburg played them very close last meeting, and I believe they can pull it out this time. I might be wrong, but I'm sticking with my prediction.

They are playing better becasue they have many of their key players injured earlier in the year back, kike Armes and Foutain.

If Wartburg manages to keep it close, they will have to find a way to stop Christopher from taking over. If Wartburg works hard on defense and out rebounds OS on both ends, they could keep it close...but KC has a way of taking charge and pulling out the win. I think OS is ready for revenge from last year though. I pick OS by 10.

Consider that OS has beaten Wartburg three times this year, by 14 points, 18 points, and 7 points, I don't feel there is much in doubt. For Wartburg to win would require a significant upset as was done last year. I don't think that is going to happen. Along with OS having revenge on it's mind for the loss last year there will be motivation on OSes side to make it a clean sweep. Of course Wartburg will be looking to repeat and avenge the losses earlier in the year.

But I just don't think Wartburg winning is going to happen. There is too much in the favor of OS.

I do want both teams to play well and make it a good game. Regardless of the winner they will both move on to the next level.

I think OS will win by 12 points.

Good luck to both teams. Make it such that the fans that have paid the TSSAA tax will see a game they will enjoy.

The last regular season Wartburg OS game was not close in the end..OS pulled it out like always because they know how to wiin unlike wartburg. OS is wanting revenge from the UPSET last year. They are well prepared and pumped for this game I am sure and it might not even be close. OS has 2 or 3 guards who can step up and stop Armes and 1 or 2 post players who can stop Fountain. OS by 15 or more.