Region 2A Championship

bulldawgfan5

Both teams are to be commended for their fine play last night. As I said earlier in this post, it will all come down to which team has The Difference Maker, and OS does. I'm sure J. Davis can't hardly stand the sight of that young lady or at least he is happy to know she is finally graduating! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> One other thing, and you can argue this point among yourselves, but I have heard Coach C. has gotten some flack over the years with "discontented" OS fans over her daughter/player relationship. Well, let me tell you straight up.....that little lady and her momma are primary reason your program has remained in the limelight over the past 4 years. That shot she hit last night is just another nights work for her......no one else on the Lady Bobcats team hits that shot in that situation. And that is not belittling the other players.....it is just a fact. Kayla has a very good supporting cast, but OS will only go as far as she will take them. I wonder how the team will do next season without their PT Player or even their coach? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazzy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams are to be commended for their fine play last night. As I said earlier in this post, it will all come down to which team has The Difference Maker, and OS does. I'm sure J. Davis can't hardly stand the sight of that young lady or at least he is happy to know she is finally graduating! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> One other thing, and you can argue this point among yourselves, but I have heard Coach C. has gotten some flack over the years with "discontented" OS fans over her daughter/player relationship. Well, let me tell you straight up.....that little lady and her momma are primary reason your program has remained in the limelight over the past 4 years. That shot she hit last night is just another nights work for her......no one else on the Lady Bobcats team hits that shot in that situation. And that is not belittling the other players.....it is just a fact. Kayla has a very good supporting cast, but OS will only go as far as she will take them. I wonder how the team will do next season without their PT Player or even their coach? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazzy

Sounds like a great TEAM supporter right there. No wonder fans are discontented.

I think OS will win by 12 points.

Well, I missed it by quite a bit. OS won by 1 in overtime. But for a couple of breaks that could have gone either direction OS managed to pull it out.

Great job Wartburg. You should be proud of your accomplishment. Do well in the state as you have proven you can stand with some of the best.

For OS, which I support, they are going to have to step it up, a lot, to advance far in the state. I wish them good fortune as they move on into the state rounds.

One thing for sure the people that paid the TSSAA tax surely got their moneys worth watching the game.

Regarding the coach C and KC comments. I find that coach C treats KC no differently than many of the other players. KC is good and that is why she gets to play. There are a couple of other players that try things that are way beyond their capabilities and throw away the ball and fault someone other than themselves yet are allowed to play a lot. If a player is a good player, regardless of the relationship with the coach, the player should be playing. PLaying your best when needed is the smart thing to do.

Those were two great games in 04 and 05. I was watching from the Cyclone bench as the assistant coach. I still believe the 05 Cyclones were the best team in the state, but we came out tight and lost to eventual state champion Chester County in the first round by about 8. Chester then had two blowout wins on their way to the title. The Lady Cyclones beat South Greene tonight and look like they have that Murfreesboro fire back in their eyes! Do you know anything about Gibbs? Cloudland is peaking right now and Hampton is very good. Add Elizabethton and Carter County has three outstanding teams this year.

Those Elizabethton teams were good and they had a lot of class win or lose.

Thanks. The Hall team was outstanding and I thought they had a great chance to win it all. The '05 group were no slouches either. Elizabethton's teams always play hard, but they keep it clean. If anything, our kids tend to be too nice, but there are a lot worse problems a team could have. It is a credit to the parents and community.

Yes they did. Cloudland has picked it up lately, after a mediocre stretch in the middle of the year. I think the two teams are very close. If they played 10 times, I think they would split 5-5. I have sung Hampton's praises all season. I knew if they ever got healthy, Leon would get them to Murfreesboro. One of them is going to have to beat Oliver Springs and Kayla Christopher to get there, but I think either team can.

Yes they did. Cloudland has picked it up lately, after a mediocre stretch in the middle of the year. I think the two teams are very close. If they played 10 times, I think they would split 5-5. I have sung Hampton's praises all season. I knew if they ever got healthy, Leon would get them to Murfreesboro. One of them is going to have to beat Oliver Springs and Kayla Christopher to get there, but I think either team can.

I agree. I thought it would be near impossible at the start of the tournaments for Hampton to beat North Greene twice and Cloudland twice. But the Lady Dogs have only 1 game left and so far they are 3-0...

I don't think they play until tonight.

the Regional Championship is tonight...

Congratulations to Oliver Springs and Coach Christopher. Oliver Springs is very fortunate to have a coach of her ability. Let's be honest- OS has not had the talent it's accustomed to having like it's had almost every season during the past 25 years or so where it has a well balanced roster.

In past years, OS usually had good to very good players of underclassmen and veteran players even when it didn't have all state performers/super stars.

For whatever reason, OS Middle school hasn't produced the same type of talent and it's hurt the veteran players like Christopher, Hall, and others on this team who probably expected some help- especially in the front court with able bodies to match other team's height.

The Lady Cats have now advanced to the sub state game seven of the last eight years. That's quite an accomplishment.

It doesn't matter that OS beat Wartburg by one point. It only matters they won. Ask Jackson county if they would have taken a one point win over Pickett County.

It would be foolish to write off Oliver Springs- especially where a team will be facing Kayla Christopher who understands that from here on out every game could be her last in an Oliver Springs uniform. Somehow I see this as a big advantage to Oliver Springs considering she is easily the most gifted player in Class A.

I'll predict

1. Coalfield (Will have a good group of seniors and Jordan, should be good if they want it bad enough)

2 or 3. Wartburg (Will have a good group of seniors and a lot of outstanding sophomores)

3 or 2. Oneida (Don't know much about age of players, but should continue to be good)

4. OS (Losing too many seniors this year, will be an okay team)

5. Oakdale (Very young team, needs one more year to rebuild)

6. Sunbright (Young team who could upset some, but still needs a year to get better)

Jellico is not in District 4A, unless they are adding them next season.

All the credit to O.S. for beating a hungry Wartburg team.

Much respect to the Lady Dogs on their tournament run and the way they have handled the negative energy that has been around the program the last two years.

How do you guys think the District will be next year? I know it's early but with most of the teams at home someone step up and give a very early prediction.

I'll Go with

Coalfield

Oneida

Oakdale

O.S.

Wartburg

Sunbright

Jellico

It's so hard to know this early... it depends on who works hard in the off season (AAU, summer camps, etc), injuries, and most of all...who wants it the most. Based on talent possibilities I would say

Coalfield

Oneida

OS

Oakdale/wartburg

Sunbright

However, talent doesn't always equal success.

OS girls have always played with heart and determination. I'm sure the girls comming up will not be any different, and there is a lot of young, raw talent there. (even though they haven't been utilized in games for experience, practicing with the seven seniors from this year is bound to make them better)

Oneida is a tournament team. Even though they may lose players this year, they have a very good coach, and he will find a way to make them successful.

Oakdale is losing a very strong leader and player in Peace, but there is a lot of young talent with desire and a lot of experience from this past year.

Wartburg will have Fountain and Bunch, but it will hurt losing Chapman, Armes, and Freels. But once again...it comes down to who wants it.

Sunbright has some young ones that will supprise people.

Coalfield will have everyone back next year so they have no excuse for not being on top with the talent there. If they can keep a positive, team attitude then they will be successful. They are there own worst enemy. The girls need to decide if they truely want to be on top, or if they just want to be third in the district again and out the first round of regions.

But like I said, who knows?

Should be interesting. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />