Dyer County vs Covington

DCfan74

No need to cry over Spilled Milk! The fans got to see two great teams play. Well worth the price of admission. Don't label all the fans Thugs. I can honestly say that there were some unruley fans on both sides. Seems that the only ones taken out were from Covington. There was a Dyer County fan sitting right behind the Covington bench. He was cussing the Chargers every other word. The principal from Covington asked the policeman to move him to another seat. Guess what! He wasn't removed from his seat. Have a good idea as to why he did not do his job as requested. The officials could have controlled the game from the very beginning. All you have to do is call a couple ofTechnical Fouls! Players will get by with what the officials will allow them to do. Both teams were pushing, hand checking and taunting each other during the whole game. Officials never stopped it. See it on college and pros all the time.

99% of the fans on both sides appreciated seeing two great teams perform on the court. Fans were cheering hard for their home team. I saw two fans escourted from their seats during the game.

I don't believe anyone in the stands knew what the players said to each other after the game. One team was happy and the other was upset. I commend both coaching staffs for taking their team to the locker room to cool down. Both teams were able to come back on the floor and receive the ovation from the fans. They both deserved it.

I understand that two of the players on Dyer County are from Covington. One of them is a starting guard. I do believe that another one is from Halls. Rumors have that two players from Brighton might attend your school next year. Better watch out! I understand that TSSAA is reviewing this matter. Many West Tn. coaches have already talked to some of the directors at TSSAA. Better hope that Coach McCord does not get your program in trouble. Might get the Death Penalty!

I just want to say that I wish your team good luck Monday night. You are going to get to see another world when you go to BTW. Coach Horton was thanking the fans after the game for allowing his team to play Dyer Co on their home floor. Remember! Travel in a caravan and stick close together. I have been there for a game in the past years. Not very comforting!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im talk about the people who are calling covington players thugs ! an i do agree with u on some of the fans,and to good of a game for foolishness! those fans deserved what they got, a ticket outside! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yep, a ticket outside was good choice. Please know I am only referring to those 2 as I think the others here were as well because the rest were actually trying to tell the cops who exactly threw what and did what. All in all both team fans are extremely passionate about basketball and their team. Makes for GREAT games. I enjoyed it......the "drama folks" well, they made me realize how dumb we can really get if we let ourselves get WAY too caught up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Me...I never get way too caught up........ /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

CUJO, Suppose I did use the wrong word when using the word "FIRED". My bad, but don`t kill the messenger. As for calling the players thugs, perhaps you should read my eariler post again. I stated that I was mainly referring to the fans on the floor at DC`s bench that had no business being there. I believe that was the same reference you made. I also said that most all of the Charger fans were very respectful and I stand by that.

AS for the game, it was a really good one. Both teams left everything on the floor and the best team won.

Again, my apologies !

Anyone know what was up with Fred going to Covington's coach after awards for handshake?

His maturity level was up. That was a very classy move by a freshman. He gained alot of respect from alot of people (DC Fans & COV Fans) last night not only as a player but as a young man. He was the first one out of the locker room applauding Covington and he was man enough to shake the coaches hand that just beat his team in a very emotional game. Hopefully some of his other teammates took notes. Good Luck DC & Go Chargers!!

[/quote

I was very disappointed at a couple of the DC cheerleaders and their 'sign language' blatantly 'flipping off" the Covington fans after the game. The girls were still on the court, in full view of everyone. It was a real shock to see their behavior. Those girls didn't seem to be thuggish at all-- maybe they too over reacted. I only wish I'd had my camera with me, that would've been a picture!!

Oh NO....wish I would have seen that too! I know their Cheerleading sponsor very well and would have let her know who did it. That is uncalled for as well, not to mention not very classy. I promise you the sponsor would have punished them because she does not condone that behavior AT ALL. That embarrasses me just as I am sure those 2 guy embarrassed some Covington folks.

It's to late in the season to get good at free throws your going to make them are miss them. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Next game they might make all of them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your going to have to work in the off season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

His maturity level was up. That was a very classy move by a freshman. He gained alot of respect from alot of people (DC Fans & COV Fans) last night not only as a player but as a young man. He was the first one out of the locker room applauding Covington and he was man enough to shake the coaches hand that just beat his team in a very emotional game. Hopefully some of his other teammates took notes. Good Luck DC & Go Chargers!!

He handled everything with a great deal of class...he is a great kid /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Nice to meet you by the way.

I was very disappointed at a couple of the DC cheerleaders and their 'sign language' blatantly 'flipping off" the Covington fans after the game. The girls were still on the court, in full view of everyone. It was a real shock to see their behavior. Those girls didn't seem to be thuggish at all-- maybe they too over reacted. I only wish I'd had my camera with me, that would've been a picture!!

idk if that happened, i wont dispute it because i wasnt there. but if it really happened im very sorry you had to see that.

it embarasses me. if i was there it would not have happened because i wouldve chewed somebody out for it.

Don't agree with it...But you can CUSS, SCREAM.CALL THE COACHES EVERYTHING BUT A "CHILD OF GOD"...Just don't put your hands on them, spit on them on them or throw anything at them....I heard McCord was COMPLAINING ABOUT THE Covington fans screaming at him from behind the bench...."TUNE THEM OUT"...Unless they are GETTING PHYSICAL OR PUTTING THEIR HANDS ON YOU...You can't do anything...If you start ARGUING with the fans...Your team will feed off it and do the same thing...It was a GREAT GAME...But I believe I will pass on the BTW game...It's a DIFFERENT world down in the "HOOD"...

I'm going ,but I'm gonna be packin!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> NOT!!!! They are takin Charter Buses for 5 bucks a head if anyone is interested, just call the DCHS school office.

Cedric got hit by #22 then Cedric was going after him and Coach Beck held him back! Congrats Covington! Got to hit our FTs!!!! Hudson was on FIRE!!!! Great game guys! Hold your heads up! Covington was just better on this night! Get ready for Booker T. Washington! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, we missed our free throws and we gave up to many point in transition. Layup, after layup after layup. Covington was on fire and we just sputtered here and there. We gave a big effort tho and never gave up, and could have won it in the end. Just couldn't get the ball to big John Hudson. I cant't say enough about him or Yarbro. These boys are going to be fun to watch the next three years.