Upperman @ McMinn Central

charger05

A small point of order for the rest of the posts here..... WE ARE NOT McMINN !! PULEEESE refer to us as Central or McMinn Central. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> McMinn is the big school in the county that is not very athletic at all except soccer!! LOL

Guess you forgot about the but kicking they gave us in baseball last year, I never saw so many batters in one game gitting hit after hit. No joke they killed us!! GO McMINN CENTRAL GO BLUE

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Baxter today and heard alot of people talking about the long trip. And the 6CST start time. Somebody in one of the stores I was in said they thought Coach Dana was having a night practice. I thought if it's night, surely it's early in the night with the game and the long ride tomorrow. Just out of curiousity I wonder if anybody knows what time Upperman girls did have practice? And GO LADY BEES

Called it off after we found out it was a soccer school /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

"They may be "cocky" but they know the difference between "to" and "too"! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lets try to (is this right Mrs. Martin?) keep this about basketball, please.

I like that hoops. I wasn't criticizing or second guessing at all. Coach Dana does a fine job. I know people around convenence stores don't always have accurate information. I was just wondering if maybe the boys practiced before the girls and it made the girls practice later. Not a big deal really just curious. GO LADY BEES

Don't know about the boys, but the ladies didn't change a thing. Business as usual as if school was in session /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

The Beehive buzzing pretty good now...don't know if we can hold'em back til morning or not /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Don't know about the boys, but the ladies didn't change a thing. Business as usual as if school was in session /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

The Beehive buzzing pretty good now...don't know if we can hold'em back til morning or not /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I figured with no school tomorrow, Upperman would come over tonight and stay.. Im sure ole' Johnny Morgan would of been nice enough to let yall come in around lunch for a shoot around.

I don't know what business as usual is, but I bet its in the daytime? See I told you these store tales are most of the time wrong.

I figured with no school tomorrow, Upperman would come over tonight and stay.. Im sure ole' Johnny Morgan would of been nice enough to let yall come in around lunch for a shoot around.

Believe will pass on the shoot around....but if ole' Johnny wants to let us all in around lunch sounds good /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

What are your opinions on this high caliber game?

Both are quality teams. Regardless of the opposition, it is difficult to go undefeated this deep into the season. It says a lot about the coaching and the dedication of the players where McMinn Central is concerned. Upperman played a much more difficult schedule which tends to do a better job of preparing a team for the postseason. Teams with no losses or great records vs tough opponents carry that in the back of their minds and if they can focus on the game at hand and not on protecting their record, they tend to be ok.

My guess is that Upperman comes into the game with less pressure, probably a bit more experienced versus good teams and even though the game is at McMinn Central, a slight edge. Too bad both can't go to the state tournament. I hate to see either of them lose in the substate, but if I had to pick one, it would be Upperman.

Either way, congratulations to both teams, both sets of coaches and fans and best of luck in the tournament in Murfreesboro. I only wish I lived in Tennessee and could get to watch some of the best basketball in the nation. I've seen other girls' teams in other states and Tennessee teams can play with anyone. It appears the state is finally getting long-due recognition in the national polls as well.